Time Capsule Resurgence 2018: Sinceriously?!?!?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Pop Quiz: What's the one thing a lot of players have been asking for lately? POWER SET-BASED AURAS!

What's something else a lot of players have been saying? STOP PUTTING AWESOME STUFF WE WANT IN THE FRAGGIN' TIME CAPSULES!!! :mad:

So what do the Devs go and do? THEY MAKE POWER SET-BASED AURAS AND PUT THEM IN THE MOST EXPENSIVE TIME CAPSULE YET, THAT COSTS 7 STABILIZERS TO OPEN!!! :mad:

And discuss.... *grabs his popcorn*
    • Like x 24
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

well i hope i can get the auras i want off the broker , i want only 2 -3 ... since i can not afford to buy the box for 7 stabilizers , i have all the content time capsules has to offer already.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Luckily all of my characters have Auras that work for their look. For instance, my Fire character has the Orange Nimbus Aura, which looked close enough to flames to satisfy me. But still, now we have a proper Fire Aura, and Auras for the other powers, these REALLY belonged in the MARKETPLACE. :mad:
    • Like x 12
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

They DID mention that the mega-capsules will be available for purchase on the Marketplace, unless I heard them wrong. So if you don't want to spend stabilizers you can go that route.
    • Like x 7
  5. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

The only two I want is fire head aura and ice full aura.The rest wasnt so good.
    • Like x 1
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Another Ghostrider incoming :p :D
    • Like x 5
  7. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

Profit is always important, this is a business afterall. But they really seem to aggressively avoid any moves towards NOT monetizing what customers ask for.
    • Like x 6
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Funny how the devs pointed out that there are maaaaany quarks in there with nine TCs ready to open.

It's like they are saying "well we now some of you already have all the items but here is a box with some quarks and a random power aura for seven bucks".
    • Like x 2
  9. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

I don't get the point of this thread.
    It's natural for a business to take suggestions and sell them back to the customers.
    • Like x 10
  10. Dene Devoted Player

My guess is very few will want or need a lot of these auras - plus they are tradeable.. within a few days prices will settle and people will prob have no issue getting that 1 aura they want for their powerset.. if they weren't tradeable i would 100% freak out lol
    • Like x 5
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Please tell me there are no feats associated with the power-specific auras. Please tell me I don’t have to collect eg hard light aura when I don’t have a hard light character just to get a feat. I’m assuming there won’t be feats, but I’d like confirmation.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dene Devoted Player

The way SJ & Mepps spoke about the auras - i'd bet my next paycheck that no feats are attached. It sounded like they were expecting people to *not* collect them all & stick to the powerset you use etc

Nothing was said either way in the stream.. I am pretty sure they would have mentioned feats if there were feats.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There are no feats related to the powerset auras.
    • Like x 19
  14. Ully Committed Player

Hi Mepps, can you please include a marketplace option for the community to buy the specific auras they want, instead of relying on blind chance?
    • Like x 8
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

You must be new around here.
    • Like x 12
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

If that’s true then I have no problem with them selling their cosmetics. Ideally I want to see people knowing exactly what they are getting when they hand over their real money rather than having to gamble, because this is done cynically to induce multiple purchases and compulsive behaviour, but if there are no feats, then I can; and will, cheerfully ignore the whole thing.
    • Like x 3
  17. Proxystar #Perception

How could one resist

[IMG]
    • Like x 23
  18. Ully Committed Player

I'm just tired of all the randomness and RNG. Why can't the developers provide us with the choice to selectively choose the aura that we want, for the marketplace option? Its a gamble..er..I mean, there's the rng chance if you open a capsule directly using 7 keys, my point is, why can't we choose, when we buy the mega capsule from the marketplace? Its a reasonable request.
    • Like x 5
  19. Ringz Dedicated Player

7 stabilizers huh? So im guessing its guaranteed that you're gonna get one of the powerset auras each open?
    • Like x 2
  20. Dene Devoted Player

Yep 100% chance of getting 1 of 17.. you just wont know which
    • Like x 7