5½ Years, Dozens of Styles, & Still None Based on This Character...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Aug 11, 2016.

1. IIArcFlashII New Player

[IMG]Well I don’t have many styles but this is as close as I could get based on Arrow TV show Vigilante Style, I think it gets pretty close to the look sorry for crappy picture I used my phone lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I think Sharpshooter Chest or one of the other paramilitary-themed chests works better. The toughest part is the Emblem. The Letterman "V" Emblem isn't quite right, but the other solution I saw someone use (the Wings Emblem) doesn't really work, either.

But for the Head Style, I'm still going to recommend using the combo of the Herald of the Black Head Style (with your character's Skin Color set to black so the exposed mouth isn't a problem) and the Arctic Goggles Face Style from the Winter Seasonal Event. ;)
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, I'm also now finally turning my attention to the modern Vigilante, Dorian Chase, the brother of Adrian Chase. Want to do his costume as an alternate outfit:

[IMG]

Boy is this one even trickier than Adrian Chase's costume! Since this is a more modern take on the character, we could certainly get a Style Set based on this, Devs! Hint, hint! :p

But I digress... here's what I've been able to come up with so far. Won't be as close as I'd like, but what can ya do? :confused:

HEAD: Spacefarer/Triface
    [IMG]

It's the only thing even remotely close that we have, even though it's not very satisfactory. The heavy-handed glass texture on the visor makes it so the red color only shows up well in the game's brightest lighting.

CHEST: Master Mercenary
    [IMG]

Again, not very close, it's just the only thing that has any straps under the arms that look kinda sorta like a shoulder holster rig.

WAIST: Sector Incendiary
    [IMG]

The Legs, Hands, and Feet will stay the same as they are for the Adrian Chase costume.

And I'm spent!
  4. Disruptor Well-Known Player

Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld
    Arion: Lord of Atlantis(he's still alive)
    Sgt. Rock(We should have had him in Age of Justice)
    Warlord
    General Glory
    Liberty Belle
    Plastic Man
    Matamorpho
    Shazam(Captain Marvel)
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Made that a little clearer for ya... ;)
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

For the umpteenth time, guys...

THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT DISCUSSING THE DC COMICS CHARACTER THE VIGILANTE AND THE LACK OF STYLES INSPIRED BY THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THAT CHARACTER! AND ONLY THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE VIGILANTE!!!

I swear, some people need to work on their reading comprehension skills... :rolleyes:
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

blue beetle, static shock, katanna, firestorm, thom kallor (star man), catman (adam west? or is this a different catman?), captain marvel/shazaam, deadman, azrael, mad hatter etc.
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Id rather have styles related to more well known characters to be released. Only place Ive seen this character was on these forums. Honestly, seeing people recommend other characters should be expected since the character you are talking about is not well known. This is an thread which is open to the public, if you otherwise didnt want other disscussion you could have, instead sent the devs a private message on the matter.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

There is an aptly titled thread for that: "Tell us what costume styles you want next!", or even the Costume Contest thread
    Popping into another thread and posting something irrelevant is, at best, 'hijacking' or 'derailing'
    • Like x 1
  10. MyrVell Committed Player

You aren't much of a diehard DC fan if you don't know about the Adrian Chase Vigilante run.
    • Like x 1
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

That is merely your opinion and you are entitled to it. But it does not determine if I am a diehard DC fan or not. You know nothing about me personally. I would not judge too quickly with rash assumptions. Good day.
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you were such a 'diehard' fan, then you would have known about Vigilante's run a few years back on the CW's "Green Arrow" show
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. MyrVell Committed Player

Entitled to it, as well as stand by it.

Adrian Chase was created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez (those two have quite a comics history, you should look them up) and his solo title ran for 50 issues in the '80s. It was a tragic story arc that ended in shocking (for the times) fashion. It wasn't worthy of a Funko doll but hey, different standards I guess. Good day.
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The only "Vigilante" character to grace any DC tv show was a cowboy version that literally only had 2-3 appearances at best. He obviously wasnt a big ticket character that DC wanted to keep using. Heck the Mad Hatter gets more screen time in various DC media and he didnt even make it into DCUO. I think the answer is pretty clear why a style was never made after the character.
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Explaining why a character hasnt been recognized in this game is actually on topic with this thread. However, trying to berate me is not. I really do encourage further positive discussion, otherwise it would give reason to lock the thread, which doesnt need to happen. Good day. :)
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The ones I emphasized already have styles based on those characters in the game. And out of that list, only two (maybe three) deserve some serious consideration (Blue Beetle & Katana...maybe Azrael).;)
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

ah, my mistake then, i thought we were listing characters who were more interesting to introduce that aren't in dcuo right now XD. technically static is in game as of teen titans island but more as a cameo than an actual character.
    • Like x 1
  19. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Great characters..Azreal for sure should be in game...I want his guantlet swords. :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Hes actually a early villain bounty. But he could use a Black Lightning/Static mentor/student teamup story in a dlc.
    • Like x 1