5½ Years, Dozens of Styles, & Still None Based on This Character...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's the original GOLDEN AGE Vigilante, or Vigilante I, as he's been known ever since the Adrian Chase version was introduced in 1983.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Also, it's been mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'll mention it again: The best Face Style for the Adrian Chase Vigilante is the Arctic Gear Face Style, which will be available again soon from the Winter Seasonal Vendor:

[IMG]

Begin your "Christmas Shopping" early so you don't miss out! ;)
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Now that the Winter Seasonal Event has begun, the Vigilante finally has his comic accurate goggles! :D

[IMG]

It seems to me that the lens on these looks more metallic than the lens on the standard Goggles Face Style. I like it, I like it! :cool:

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that when it comes to a more accurate Head Style, I'm definitely going to do Herald of the Black, rather than the Missionary of Hope one everyone else has been using.

[IMG]

I'll still have to set his Skin Color to black, but at least this way there'll be more of the skin covered by an actual mask, so it'll still look more like it should. There isn't a skintight fabric in existence that will cling to your head so perfectly that every detail of the ears and lips can be made out. So having the exposed mouth is stretching believability pretty thin as it is. Having fully detailed ears only compounds the problem. And lastly, that Missionary of Hope Head Style makes it look like he's wearing some bizarre sort of yarmulke! :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Slowly, but surely, we're getting him closer to where he needs to be. After figuring out that applying the Gold Material to his Waist Style was a fantastic way to add the missing 5th color to his Palette, I just completed the necessary Collection, so he now has the Arkham Riot Officer's Belt, the closest Waist Style the game has to the gunbelt he wore in the comics:

[IMG]

Now to build him up to a high enough level that he can obtain the Herald of the Black Head Style. And at some point, I intend to add either the Sharpshooter Back Style (Rifle Case) or the Expert Marksman Back Style, so he can be seen carrying a rifle like in the comic. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  5. Megzilla Developer

I don't think his design is unique enough to merit his own style but we would like to make more slimlines in the future and perhaps those could be utilized to make this character.
    • Like x 7
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Slimlines are always a good choice.
    • Like x 4
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Actually, his style essentially *is* a slimline :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Megzilla Developer

Yeah.. just would want to make something more interesting than just a wide V... We'll see! :)
    • Like x 3
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I definitely understand that. Sometimes, though, less *is* more :) (more *what*, though, is determined on a case by case basis ;))
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

But we already have "wide V" styles. His is a DOUBLE V, that's what makes the difference! ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

More slimlines would be much apreciated.

As was already mentioned.... Vigilante's chest has a "Double V" on it... which is sadly lacking in DCUO. ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Megzilla Developer

I'll keep this in mind. :)
    • Like x 4
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thank you. :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

yup same here
  15. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Keep this in mind too, either a Material or Flexsuit, no bulky stuff like the energy armor.
    [IMG]
  16. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

now we are talking, Jaime Reyes's armor would be awesome to have in the game.
    • Like x 3
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

For the first picture, we have some styles close to the chest, gloves and boots. Maybe not exact same but close enough
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lobo inspired gear. :)

Along with an entire DLC dedicated to him and his boys.

Cause I'm still rocking this hoodie.

https://goo.gl/images/sX2XHr
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

NOT, and I repeat, NOT what this thread is for! This thread was created by me for ONE TOPIC ONLY: The LACK of an Iconic Style based on Vigilante II!

The topic for suggesting ANY style you want to see is OVER HERE, so go post this stuff there, ya poozers (except you, Emerald Vibe, 'cuz you've already flooded that topic with spamming of the same picture over and over! :p)
    • Like x 1
  20. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Inb4 lobo request spam post