Sharing Cash between Characters

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rexamus_El, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Rexamus_El New Player

With the recent update that included more inventory, shared inventory, and armories; it got me thinking. How is there not yet a productive means of transferring cash between your characters? Yes there is the mail system, but couldn't something like the Shared Inventory be implemented? The Shared Cash bar or something.

Recently another MMO, Star Wars the Old Republic, came up with a similar solution. Through their Legacy (shared items bank) they can now share cash with all their toons. I get that earning cash these days is fairly easy, especially if you know how to play the Broker, but this (at least in my personal view) would be a nice quality of life improvement.

What do you guys (and gals) think?
    • Like x 9
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes I'm ready for this. It's a little better now that both sides have one broker, hero and villain, but would be so much better to never have to transfer money around.

Really surprised this was never done since the original money glitch had to do with mailing a certain amount of money to your alt.
  3. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

I have always been looking forward to sharing money this way.
  4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Sounds like a great idea
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

Question 1: Why is the mail system inadequate to your needs? That's absolutely the first question the Devs will ask.
  6. Rexamus_El New Player

Your right but think of it this way: do you prefer getting your pay via a check or direct deposit? Both work but one is easier than the other. Its nothing more than a quality of life update. Mailing cash does work, I'm not saying it doesn't or that its a horrible way to do things. All I'm saying here is that we already have a shared inventory system, why not do the same thing for cash?
    • Like x 3
  7. VariableFire Loyal Player

I imagine they're a bit iffy about touching the money, considering the two big glitches regarding that in the past.
    • Like x 1
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

I get my pay the way my company decides to pay me. I don't have much say in the matter - even when I'm freelancing.

If the money is coming in, I don't much care. It's not important to me *how* it gets in my account - just that it does.

You may have picked a bad analogy.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Personally, I hate mailing cash to alts (I play the broker a lot) simply because it usually takes around 10 minutes for it to show up. In 10 minutes many fortunes are made and lost, lol.
    • Like x 3
  10. Comixfan Committed Player

Shared money, shared styles, shared base items, shared feats (without needing to use replay tokens)...

There's a lot Daybreak could do to enhance and improve upon the player experience in DCUO.

They've had years to do this and haven't.

I wouldn't go holding your breath in anticipation of any of this being added any time soon (if ever)...
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

has been mentioned since 2012, regularly, my guess is someone doesnt want to not be able to keep once glitched money circulating.
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

we need an account bank it is that simple...now will come the inevitable "it ain't easy" response...to which if technical makes me answer with it is not my fault the game was coded or built to make it hard...I am sorry game coding or building is hard..so is cleaning up exploding septic tanks for the minimum wage...in the summer sun...now do your jobs please......if any other reason is given I answer I do not care make it happen...if you want there to be a process ...fine...the "you find a piece of gear put it in your common stash your alt claims it" system works...moneys could be done the same way...or just have a single money amount all account wide...make it happen already..yes
  13. Hytch Well-Known Player

Would it be cool if every character from your account shared the same cash? Like just make your in game cash account bound. I am trying to think of what the downside would be for this but I can't. Then again it is early in the morning and my coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet.

Maybe make it a Legendary perk since if they did that for freemiums then they would lose some potential escrow sales.
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Having a Shared Wallet for our account is loooooong overdue.

And we know it can be done..... it is done with Stabilizers.

It would be nice if our game $$$ also was Shared between all our characters.

Mailing $$$ from character to character is a bit a pain in the backseid. ;) ;)
    • Like x 4
  15. Rexamus_El New Player

The companies I've worked for in the past have allowed employees a choice between a paper check or direct deposit. But I understand that not all places are the same. And as I've stated from the beginning, this is nothing more than an idea for a QoL improvement.

Exactly. Mail is slow, but doing a shared cash system would be much much faster.

What glitch was this? I remember seeing something on YouTube that about 400 some players were banned for something not too long ago. Was it one of these money glitches?

I completely agree!
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Mail system is not always real quick about delivery. Now we are NOT talking like an hour long wait or so .. at least I have never waited that long.. but you can send an email to one alt from another and then switch to that alt and have to stand around waiting for it to arrive in your mail box. The shared bank system we have for other things is a lot faster. Stick it in and switch and as soon as the new alt logs in you can go grab what ever you stuck in there for it.

I like this idea and it has been suggested numerous times before No idea why it could not be done.
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Age of Conan has a Guild Bank. Maybe we could have something like that here.
  18. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

It's not like Daybreak is new to the concept of allowing currency to be shared between characters on an account via a shared bank. OG Everquest has been doing it for decades. This needs to happen.
    • Like x 2
  19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

While its a good idea, I don't really have any problems with just using the mail feature to distribute money between my toons. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Part of the issue might be that they also need to consider how shared money would work with the cash limits on free and premium accounts. So if they did it, it would probably be a members only thing.