Possiblity of a US and EU merge

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by michaelacesmith, Mar 14, 2018.

1. michaelacesmith New Player

Is there a possibility of a EU and US merge? Cause the EU aint that big compared to the amount on the US one. Plus i have more friends in the US that i play other games with and they occasionally play dcuo as well. Look at neverwinter and destiny, they manage to do it by having multiple worlds or instances and they fit a certain limit of people. If u did that then u prob wouldnt need to mix the heroes and villains together on duty.
    • Like x 1
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Server merge $400,000
    Playing DCUO with 500 ping: priceless

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. michaelacesmith New Player

Im only saying. Big element of online gaming is playing with people from diff country like USA, but with dcuo its like, stick to ur own but i enjoy making friends from the US. And id be playing more especially being in same league, would be a riot.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Theres a lot of people that already play on the US server from Europe and always have with very little ping issue.

You're exaggerating the latency a little too it won't be 500 on a decent connection it'll be closer to 300ms

Which in an RPG isn't that bad. It's not counterstrike ;)

Personally I think it's probably time for a merge that EU side is dead as.
    • Like x 3
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I remember hating playing SWTOR at 300ms because of things like enrage timers. I had an optimal rotation on my sniper but never could reach the guild's requisite dps because latency literally means less moves per CD window. Always got stuck healing or tanking on the hardest raids instead, lol.

I know that DCUO doesn't have enrage timers, so that's good, but it does have counter mechanics. I play from another country, but the nice thing is i'm sitting at max 200ms. Still, I see the boulder falling during the Mxy seasonal prob a full 2 secs after he announces them. I get block breaked while i'm in the air lunging, lol. Needless to say, i love tanking, but I just rotate my immunities pretty much if it's important to stay on my feet, lol.

Maybe some people wouldn't care about 300ms. PVP would suck though (well, more) and tanks and healers would be like, "wait, why is half the group dead?" and then they would see the skull show up after that, lol.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I appreciate what you're saying. I don't think it would be quite that bad though.

Pvp might be a slight more hassle but I think you could manage I've always had a 170-200ms ping from NZ and managed pvp just fine. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Then I guess I just suck, lol.:(
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I guess :p lol
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, and we don't have most of this already?

I see no issue with it. Played many years on the PS3 with buddies from other countries from all over on multiple games. Lag happens on all continents.
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

I tried playing on the Xbox server... There is noticable lag there between the EU and the US servers. I can't imagine how bad it will be on our servers.
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I´ve been playing from Spain on US server since i came back to the game years ago without major issues.
    #DCUOmerge #EUlivesMatters
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

i don't know if the test server is a whole different story, but i don't lag even when i played with proxystar, allmost on the exact opposite side of the globe. well, i guess if they would merge, they sure could make best use of theyr hardware, if there is the possibility to combine both servers capabitlity into a superior way... i would realy like to play with each and everyone of you, ppl from the forums! oh... speaking of: maybe we see us when testing delunge, after the preview ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Cause all of the previous merges have fixed any and all population issues. :rolleyes:
  14. DanXVII Committed Player

They would have if they’d have done it when it was needed. By the time we do eventually get eu and us merged both populations combined will only reach what we have now on US server. Always too little too late.
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

the delay is very noticeable while i notice no delay on EU i have to wait 3 sec to see the portal on US while my teammates are already inside on the battlefield... i would definitely not go over to US playing elite content thats for sure plus u would need to start such a thread when new episode arrives cause right now its the usual hole everyone is experiencing.
    • Like x 1
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

No issues playing US servers from Rome.
  17. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

What's the solution once we have just one server left? The game closes? Merging isn't a "solution." They need to increase the populations by bringing in and retaining players. Period.
    • Like x 1
  18. TestReporter Loyal Player

Usually yes...
    Merging would be a duct tape to help (mostly) EU players find groups without having to wait a eternity.

We all know we need a increase in the population, but it requires money with advertising, a more healthy way to keep the game and something that other games don't have.

ATM we have almost 0 advertising (when compared to any popular game out there, because even if the company doesn't pay for the advertising, most of the popular games have millions of viewers on twitch and youtube, dcuo barelly gets 50 people watching and most (if not all of them, are already players)), it's a game that you have to pay for everything (almost all games that get a lot of attention this days are f2p games with only cosmetics on sale or games that require you to pay only once, in dcuo you have to spend your soul and sell your house to play everything, it gets worse when new players compare it to OW, fortnite, PUBG and even WOW), we have a outdated engine and i bet the only thing that keeps this game here is having DC in the name (unfortunately).

Unless they were able to keep veterans (talking about game time and not being good or bad) in the game, a small number of new players joining could be enough to keep it growing, but once in a while they release a game killing update or remove something that kept players entertained...
    Not to mention Time Capsules, bugs and the lack of elite/op gear utiltiy that discourage players from playing content for it's entire duration.
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It'll help those people until it doesn't help anymore.
  20. Saami Loyal Player

Well.. Actually it did just that. Without merging original servers game would have propably shutdown in 2011.