Time Change

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JohnnyMagic, Mar 14, 2018.

1. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

So I noticed this week since we moved the clocks forward my play schedule in the morning is off. I was logging in around 7 A.M. and able to play some daily's before work. Now I am logging in at 7A.M. which used to be 6 A.M central time and the world is shut down. Does daybreak not follow the time change schedule?
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Everything is done per UTC... the reset is done at 3 AM EST or 4 AM EDT... which equates to 8 AM UTC.
  3. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

That would make the reset done at 3 am Central Time USA and it has been reset at 6 AM Central Standard until now that the time change sprang forward 1 hour.
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

"Reset" is when the loot locks reset. System restart (what you're asking about) is also done based on UTC... 7 AM EST/8 AM EDT, or somewhere thereabout, IIRC... which equates to around Noon UTC.

UTC (Universal Time Coordinated) is the same as GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). The two never change. While the UK might be GMT during the winter, technically they are Western European Time because they do a time change too. In the IT field we tend to use UTC for a lot of things simply because there is no change... imagine server log files with a missing hour (spring ahead)... or a duplicated hour (fall back) and what it can do to your alarming, trending analysis, etc.
    • Like x 4
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

To answer the OP's question then, no, DCUO does not adjust following Daylight Saving Time. Many parts of the world get along just fine without it as well.

Daylight Saving Time is a horrendous invention designed to make it really hard for kids to get up in the morning, and to confuse everyone into not noticing that businesses are short-changing their employees for $20 twice a year to help the economy.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, I think you mean hard for city kids. The time zone change is for farmers. Getting up at 4am to do chores HOURS before school starts. Sorry, kids now a days have no clue what being really tired means.
    • Like x 4
  7. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

This is a myth. At the time it was implemented (1918) in the U.S. farmers vociferously argued against a time change.

It started in New Zealand in 1917 under the erroneous belief that it saves energy.(it does not)
    • Like x 2
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Farmers get up before dawn year round and go to bed well after dark during harvest season anyway, lol. And...what Mohican said.
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Germany 1916 to conserve coal usage during WW 1. The thing with the farmers is a persistant false belief ^^

And I love to post this vid everytime daylight saving is brought up ^^

• Like x 3
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's nice. Here in Indiana, it was pit in place for farmers.
  11. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Actually the original intention of Daylight Savings Time was good.

It was intended (back in the beginning) to move your clocks up an hour to make use of the daylight from there it became even more important because it originally saved folks money on electricity.

Of course these days (specifically since 2005) it has been proven that DST kind of costs more money due to changes made in how people live but the government agency refuted the study that Indiana did and never actually changed DST so your statement kind of rings true.

It just wasn't intended to be evil ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

DST isn't implemented everywhere in the US as well. Arizona, for example, does not do a time change. They are always on Mountain Standard Time.
    • Like x 3
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sorry, I now know you were being humorous, and so was I. I should've included a :D to indicate that I was joking. Unless Eisenhower hated kids and intentionally wanted to punish them. (See, joking again, time for a o_O)
    • Like x 1
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

Then farmers haven't been asked about the issue then. Their day is controlled by sunrise and sunset and not by watch hands o_O
  15. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Actually I was being half humorous :p

I personally hate DST and I once looked into it trying to find out why we followed such madness I eventually discovered the Indiana study and than got furious the government didn't change anything.

I mean for all I know you're right the government didn't change it because they hate kids and other things... I mean next thing you know they might try to take away cookies ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The resets will eventually change back to 2am & 6am CST. I think they never changed when DST was extended a few years back.

For the record...... DST time sucks and I hate it. Nowadays it costs people more money because of everyone keeping their homes & businesses at a constant 70 something degrees during DST time when the temps are 80-90-100-110 degrees outside.
  17. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i have nothing to say, keep scrolling.