Chinese New Years

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by velvetsanity, Mar 12, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

How about an open world event for this? Could be as simple as decorations, NPC crowds, and vendors that appear in the Gotham and Metropolis Chinatown districts during the Chinese lunar new year, or could be a new seasonal event with missions and such... (isn’t Faust a Chinese Sorcerer? At least, that’s my impression of him...)

It would also be a way to add Asian themed styles and base items (yes, I know there are a few styles already, not to mention the lair theme and base item set, but this would be an opportunity to expand that, and like my Cain St Mall suggestion, a means of adding asian-themed styles/items that are hard to fit into most Episodes/DLC)
    • Like x 4
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I love events so I'm all for it.

They don't even celebrate the western new years in saying that.
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

To be fair, western New Years mostly consists of throwing a party and getting wasted. Chinese New Years is actually a *major* cultural celebration, about as major as if we combined Christmas, the 4th of July, and Halloween in the US
  4. Eve YouTuber

Yes that would be great. Easter too, maybe? could be somehow related to Julius, idk. Just a thought.
  5. bull425 Well-Known Player

No more seasonal grind fests please..............
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Why did you think I pointed out in the initial post that it could just be a seasonal flavor thing, other than the fact there are already seasonal grindfests at the times it would take place?

It’d just be something that people who need a break from the grinding can wander over to and enjoy the festivities (and possibly pick up a few new styles as I suggested).
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

We already have a DCUO version of an Easter event in the Spring event.

Easter is a highly religious holiday and SOE/DGC does everything they can to steer clear of such things. Spring has a similar concept of renewal of life, just through the context of plants and some related DC characters.
    • Like x 3
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

UNBOTTLE SOUTH GOTHAM!!! please ^^
    • Like x 1
  9. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I wouldn't mind it. Add some diverse styles from differing cultures to allow for more individuality amongst our characters
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

Oh no problem at all, I'm not really familiar with those holidays since I don't celebrate them (Not my religion as well).
    I thought of something very specific and didn't really count the spring event. My bad! Wasn't trying to cause Discomfort or anything.