can we have reduced shield durability in pvp arena?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 6ix9ine, Mar 11, 2018.

1. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

We already have broken powers like atomic tank doing non stop combos that use up no power what so ever and relentlessly healing themselves but the shield stacking onto of that a bit to much no? it makes it an extremely unfair fight if your a dps fighting tanks and healers in 1v1 arenas all they do is spam shields and wait for you to run out of power and its not like the damage their doing is bad damage to balance it out your getting a decent amount of damage dealt to you while fighting roles... its not fun at all you even clamped our stats for the cry babies "skill points matter everywhere except pvp" smh is pvp ever going to be good again?
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Sheilds already took a heavy nerf in PvP. They need to bring back role specific gear so support roles don't have the prec and might of a dps
    • Like x 1
  3. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

Yes, less shield stacking in PvP.
    • Like x 1
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Some people might consider this thread crying.
    I suggest that you change roles. It's called adapt & overcome. Stats matter in PVP. You just need to know how to allocate your stat points. Get out of the DPS universe online mentality. Might & precision are not the only stats.
  5. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

i have over 300 sp why should i have to switch to a support role and copy everyone else in a 1 vs 1 match? that reminds me so much of pre revamp when the arenas were flooded with fire tanks smh.
    • Like x 1
  6. Vagrant Committed Player

What we need is the role buffs and role counter system back. When arenas were great you could remove shields from specific powers by using craft-able items or if you played a certain role.

For instance Controllers could remove a Healer's heals with their de-buffs, a tank could remove a PoT from a Controller and a Healer could remove a Tank's shields. We need this system again to counter powers from their survivability. DPS could also get around this counter system by crafting de-buff consumables that would remove a benefit from a role that way DPS could also do their part.
    • Like x 3
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Why should everyone have to be DPS? PVP now is nowhere near pre revamp AM's & the one shot spamfest spytle started. If you have over 300 SP and you are having issues then you need to take a look at what you are doing. You need to look at how you have your gear modded & how you allocate your stat points. Then take a look at what powers that you are using. LIke I said Might & Prec are not the only stats. Everything is not exactly cookie cutter like it was before. No more pre pew pew and your dead. Minus the mental spam and water healers xD.
  8. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

you dont have to be dps i just dont see how support roles can still do pretty good damage + have healing or tanking moves that can also save there life + stack up on shields and that somehow be fair...if you que into lair matches right now i guarantee you 99 percent of your fights are healers and tanks and thats for a reason no fluke. But if you think pvp is fine then okay i dont think you play as much as me.

ive witnessed a quantum user in troll role do more damage with timebomb than all dpses in the arena who were fully modded 101 gear with a great amount of skill points. Its got nothing to do with not knowing what your doing pvp is simply broken. (better than before but still pretty bad)
    • Like x 1
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

So you mean switch to mental or rage? And if that mental or or rage or electric has multiple shields?

Dont be that guy. We know you like spamming. But that's just not what the arena is.
    • Like x 1
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

YUK!!!! I hate spamming. Spamming is lazy and unoriginal. I would tell people not to pick mental because of the spam that needs to be fixed. Why? because most players do not have the self control not to use the mental spam. That is weak IMO.
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Those DPS are not specced right. They are going all might or precision ( Paper Tiger ) and not using the other stats that are there for everyone to use. Pull your blinders off for a minute and try something different. You will start doing much better. You need to think rock, paper, scissors & Paper Tiger ( duck / DPS ). Stop trying to pew pew pew and block once in a while. Maybe think knockdown or something to get the other player off balance & out of rhythm.

I can guarantee you that you are just trying to mash 1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5......... Those AM days are over.
  12. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

yes it is over and the new wave is rotating your shields and spamming combos/stuns

Do you have access to video recording? your making it sound like a walk in the park id like to see you que up for 1v1 lair or regular 1v1 arena going up against atomic tanks, electric healers, ice tanks, mental dps using these tactics you speak just do like 10 in a row. (against good players) not walk in the park noobs let me see how it goes bro.

were clearly missing something you seem to have the answers too
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I think you're being exceptionally disingenuous.

What the op is saying is that it's imbalanced in different ways from before and it is he's not lying.

Tanks and healers have a distinct advantage over trolls/dps because shields and self heals arent balanced and debuffs are so trashy.

You'd have a valid argument if trolling in pvp was half decent but it really isnt.

The reality is trolls might have shields but they don't have self heals and that already puts them at a distinct disadvantage when their debuffs do nothing near enough to negate some of the self heals.

No amount of stat tweaking takes away the imbalances present in the current pvp environment that's just make believe and you know it.

The op has some perfectly valid points.
    • Like x 1
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I'm not your bro.

I never said it was a walk in the park. You cannot win every time and thinking you can or should is foolish. All I can say from this point is either man up or quit because all I see is you refusing to try something new or different. The next time you decide to say changes happened because of crybabies. Maybe you should take a good long look in the mirror before you start complaining.
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

A good troll can take on more than one tank in PVP.......Water healers. Now that's a different story. LOL
    Those guys are a pain but I'm not on here crying about it either.
  16. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

so... thats a no ok thanks.

Theres videos all over youtube to prove my point if you still don't get it. but carry on we can agree to disagree. Nobody is going to win every game i do not care if i lose everyone takes losses, but im not going to pretend what im seeing is "balanced"
  17. Proxystar #Perception

We're talking 1v1 imbalances the moment you're in group pvp variables change the equation.

The distinct imbalances exist burying your head in the sand and acting like people are just setting their stats incorrectly is distorting reality.

in saying that power imbalances exist just as much as role imbalance.