QoL Request: multicolor hair/hair palette

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by velvetsanity, Mar 6, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

As the title says. :)

Could we get a color palette for hair similar to what we have for costumes? This could provide several QoL/style benefits. Most immediately, tintable materials applied to hair could use the hair palette instead of the costume palette, thus letting you keep a consistent material hair color even when changing costume colors.

Longer term, it opens up new hairstyles to having multiple color zones like costumes do for a variety of looks: grey at the temples, ‘split personality’ (i.e. Harley/Two-Face), candy/skunk striped, “your roots are showing”, salt-and-pepper, highlighted/frosted/layered, etc. (this last would likely be the most technically challenging to pull off the blending/fading from one color to the next, and could be saved for last.)

Not all hairstyles lend themselves to all of the multicolor possibilities, so only one multicolor pattern per hairstyle would probably be enough.

Currently existing hairstyles could be reworked into being multicolor styles over time “as time permits” and as each is finished/ready, included in hotfixes as a bonus (with just a line in the update notes such as “the following hairstyles are now multicolor:”). Styles that haven’t been reworked could default to the first color slot of the palette.
    • Like x 6
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

My wife would love this option.

+1 for her.
  3. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

I support this idea. Given that there aren't many hairstyles to begin with, I'd like to think this is definitely feasible.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

This would be awesome and further add to the customization. Harley Quinn-fans especially would cry tears of joy everywhere. :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

+1 - the salt pepper look on some, the one streak of colour on others, the Mohawk tips being customisable etc etc would be so cool
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Exactly :)
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

I would love this options or just 2 tone hair.
    I also would love to have Bombshell hairstyles without the accesories (example WW bandana). We dont have long hair with bangs and that's a crime. And we only have 2 hairstyle packs... we never got original "from scratch" hair. It always been ripped from NPC.
    We should get some original new hairstyles with different color options.