Add Time Capsule Collections and Styles to the Quarks Vendor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TybeeTahiri, Mar 6, 2018.

1. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Title says it all. You want your community to spend money on your product ? Then don’t make us feel like we are always losing. The Time Capsule rare collections are just TOO rare.

Allow us to purchase them through the Quarks Vendor so that money we spend on Stabilizers doesn’t feel like an absolute waste.
    • Like x 55
  2. Hytch Well-Known Player

This would be amazing. Many other games with lootboxes do similar things with their lootbox currency vendor. Why can't we?
    • Like x 5
  3. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I don't think they care. Money roles in, game carries on.
    • Like x 5
  4. Hytch Well-Known Player

I honestly think the money lost if they did this would be negligible. I could see people spending just to get enough quarks to finish collections or styles.
    • Like x 2
  5. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

This ^

Hear our concerns - √
    Understand our point of view - √
    Care - ...
    • Like x 3
  6. Masm Active Player

I wouldn't pay a dime for things exploiters got for free..They should give the entire 2017 time capsule inventory to the community as a sorry for un banning cheaters and exploiters. ( Now watch my post get removed )
    • Like x 16
  7. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I think this is what the quarks vendor should be primarily for. I wouldn't even mind if the prices of the rare items were jacked up... at least we would know that it could be worked towards over time.
    • Like x 17
  8. Hytch Well-Known Player

As great as that would be, we all know that it won't happen.

However, the OP's suggestion would begin to make things right.
    • Like x 3
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The problem with this is the people who got the collections fairly, like myself, wouldn't think this would be fair.

Why? Because we did a LOT of farming and selling on the broker to get money to buy the ones we don't have. And it wouldn't be fair the people would be able to get an easier route and still get the same benefit. Remember, we're not only talking about style items. We're also talking about Feats.

If there were a way...

1) People would NOT get the Feats if they bought stuff off the broker.
    2) A way people could STILL get the items from the TC's and collect the Feats after buying the items off the broker.

Then I'd be all for it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Roocck Committed Player

This is a great idea!!! But, unfortunately this thread will be ignored and closed down just like others when it's beneficial for the community.
    • Like x 4
  11. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Feats are cheapened all the time, from the auto skip function which includes feats, to being able to group up now and kill those pesky revers in central city...
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It will only be closed down if people bring in unneeded negativity and are nonconstructive. If we keep this on point, refrain from needless name calling or disrespecting the company, there should be no reason for this thread to be closed down. Facts.

Also, I support the OPs idea.
    • Like x 9
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'd be down with this. I've been spending all my quarks on mods for powers. Makes me some good money. If the collections could be bought with quarks, I think them being able to be sold on the broker still would also help bring down some of the prices. So basically you could have three options at getting items from TC. This would be good.
    • Like x 1
  14. Cacca Well-Known Player

It's a start. It would also be nice if they released the odds on the TC slot machines...
    • Like x 2
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

I have grinded out, paid and wasted a lot of in-game aswell as real cash to obtain the items I've got from TC's. I don't think anything would be unfair to players like US at all. Do not for a second think that there would be an unrealistically cheap price on these things if they were to find its way to the Quark vendor. Just as about anything else in terms of cosmetics in there, it would come with a steep price, but it would atleast be another way of getting things done. A way that's more fair than the current ones.

If the price ended up being cheaper than expected I still wouldn't call it unfair, as I could actually use that vendor to work on the things I still need or to finish something up that I really want for an alt. The only thing unfair would be to keep on with TC's as they are, especially after the events we shall not speak of...
    • Like x 13
  16. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Actually this what most of us wanted from the beginning and an option to buy the old gear from the older tc and collections. What we get, is the quark vendor with basically useless stuff(at least for me)!
    • Like x 6
  17. Roocck Committed Player

Fair? I don't think it's fair for those players who has spent the same amount of time if not more farming and haven't gotten the collections or styles they need to complete the feat? I don't think it's fair for some players to spend funds they don't have on stabilizers for a random chance of getting the collections or styles from TC's to complete a feat? If everyone who plays DCUO had the amount of funds to buy and time to farm for collections and styles it would be fantastic. It's like some has already mentioned Quark vendor could sure be more useful with items that everyone can use, including the useless stuff.
    • Like x 1
  18. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yup, I have everything from all of the TC's paid mostly with in game cash and I would be perfectly fine if they added everything from the previous TC's to the Quarks vendor.
    • Like x 2
  19. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I'd support this, I got nothing I really need from quarks vendor, but if they added previous capsule items, I be encouraged to get some stabilizers, try the actual capsules for it, and if I fail I know I still could eventually get the missing items I never got.
    And to make it fair to people who bought it from broker or trade, make the capsule items on the quark vendor account bound, so if people do get it from capsules they can still make money selling what they earned, or buy them from broker or trade. That way people who buy it from quark vendor wouldn't be able to sell it on broker or through trade.
    • Like x 3
  20. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

This might give me an incentive to buy TC's (I currently do not). Quark Vendor prices would have to be addressed to make it more worthwhile as well though. As it stands, having opened 20 TCs w/ loyalty points and the "free" TC's that come w/ Legendary status since Quarks came out, I am probaly still 2–4 years away from getting the Stealth Material that I'd like...

Even if I cut that in half by buying TC's it's not a very attractive/worthwhile way for me to spend my money.
    • Like x 4