A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I mean it was in elite....lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Something I’ve been thinking about the last couple of days...

In Earth-3 Gotham, when I’m in healer role, my dominance gets a 6 point boost...(Dominance 125)

I’m CR221, lowest gear level is 191, all healer gear (speed-metal with owl bow, mask, rings, and broken heart pendant) alpha mods (might/power/health resto combos as recommended here by Charmed), with might/power/health generator mods...

In DPS role, the boost isn’t there. (Dominance 119)

Is it just me, or is something a little off about this? Should we maybe be adding a couple of dominance mods to our gear? According to the stats tab of inventory, apparently dominance is used in calculating the effectiveness of our shields (Blessing)...
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You can probably do dom/power mods for blue sockets, but i wouldn't go dom heavy with it all. You have far more access to resto then you do to dom, so it's more beneficial to just focus resto. Once you're capped on resto for SP then you can probably spec the rest into dom, but don't make it a priority.
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Ok. I know I currently have resto/health in the Blue sockets
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's what I use too. I wish there was a resto/dom mod though, that would be beautiful.
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Yes, yes it would. What color exobyte does dom use, btw?
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Azul
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh yeah for anyone interested, I was able to find a pocket troll to do some serious extended testing. It's only single target though, cause I don't have permission to let people in the league hall.....but here's some rotations and the highest 30 second parses I've seen with them. Reminder, this is single target.

PcDL, DLcP, M clipped BcM, CScWoTP × 2, PcDL, CScWoTP × 2, repeat

12.6k DPS (best boss killer rotation I found)

PcDL, DLcP, M clipped BcM, PcDL, RcW × 2, repeat

11.6k DPS

PcDL, DLcP, DMcB, CScWoTP, AcB, repeat (note: have accelerated DL on or else you'll finish the rotation before DL comes off cooldown)

11.2k DPS

Note: all of these have NVB as SC and no RS. If you swap out NVB for RS it'll add on say an extra 700-1200 dps depending if the RS is range or meleeing. I wouldn't recommend it with the first rotation, as it's very power hungry already and having the RS out will just be a double whammy. You'll need two good trolls and some cola to keep you up.
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

So either Dom/Health in the Blue, Dom/might in the Red, or swap one generator mod for Dom would cover it?
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't do Dom anything to be honest. It would make a bigger difference if we had it in our healer gear but imo it just gives less return in value then going pure resto. I'd stick with resto/might or resto/prec mods. I think the devs made it clear they want healers using resto and tanks using Dom lol.
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Since you’re talking about rotations now...for E3 dailies I’ve been using SL - DMcB - bow/SB...(I’m pretty pathetic as DPS, aren’t I? :D)

For group content as healer I’ve pretty much just been popping my trinket, keeping BcDM up as much as possible, spamming renew when needed, occasionally using WOTPcCS on groups of adds between bosses and otherwise spamming tap ranged (so I’m probably pretty pathetic as a healer, too LOL). As long as the group has a clue, it seems to work pretty well unless a boss gets a lethal off and people aren’t ready for it.

Any suggestions to improve?
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Yeah, well, it’s not clear to me, especially considering the effectiveness of our shields is based on both resto *and* dom, and yet my dom has been 119 since the first time I wore a full set of healer gear :p

Kind of a mixed message considering that bosses seem to routinely ignore tanks, if you ask me.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

119 dom is nothing when there's tanks running around with over 20k dom lol. Trust me when I say it's not worth the investment.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Well for starters, ditch the bow and use some f**king celestial combos woman!!

Kidding of course, that build isn't bad in open world and duos, but I wouldn't take it into group content. Even though SB is seen as "op" it needs other powers/dots to support it's damage. Celestial doesn't really have a lot of decent dots unless it's single target, so even PFtT would still be better in the long run. If my parses ring true for AoE (still need to find a pocket troll for it), celestial can hit between 19-20k on 3+ targets, which is nowhere near what my pure smokebomb and prec build was getting.

For raids I'd stick with combos. if you're worried about running out of power, use RcW. It does decent damage for a 100 cost spammer and keeps the troll from cussing you out.

Healing side Ill que charm to help you,while my healer build gets me through stuff, it may not be what she suggested in the guide lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Dominance does help healing tremendously, it's in our healing formula. Restoration is more important tho. If you want extra dominance then you should be going for OP pieces and using them on your healer build. It will give you extra restoration, power, and dominance which is all important for Celestial healers.
  16. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Are you trying to battle heal or pure heal? If your pure healing then you should be keeping AcB up since that's the money maker for HoTs. You should be using CS vs WoTPcCS because it's more effective and cheaper on power. You don't need to combo Blessing at all. Also don't use it off cooldown. Use it when it's needed. If you're using it off cooldown you won't have it to use when poop hits the fan.

When it comes to burst heals depending on the situation dictates what I'd recommend. Celestial is built as a burst/HoT power so you should utilize that. If the whole group has take a blow you should be using either VL or GL (it's preference for which you choose). I personally use VL. It's a nice 8 man burst followed by a sad 6 tick HoT lol :p . If only half the group has taken a blow clip Admonish (4 man burst) to renew. On occasion if more is needed after that I'll clip CS to renew. Spamming renew is pointless imo when Celestial has so many better burst options that cover more people.

There's not really a "rotation" when it comes to healing since it's based on situation, reflexes, content, and the group itself.
    My personal L/O is CS, AcB, Renew, VL, Blessing, CG. Keep AcB up and I usually keep CS up as well, but AcB is top priority. I only use renew for clipping with Admonish or CS. I only use VL when its beneficial for the entire group. Blessing is just purely based on my judgement of whether or not I think it's needed at the moment. CG is the "in case of emergency break glass". The only way I'm using CG is if things are totally out of control, and I need all damage mitigated while I balance things back out.

I know that answer is kinda all over the place, but healing is more based off instincts. I don't really know how to put my instincts into words well lol.

If you're wanting to battle heal then disregard all that, and I'll que Fatal back in lol :p
  17. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

mhm.....lol :p
  18. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Battle healing is what I really want with this character, but I mostly end up doing what I described above since everybody seems to always be in a hurry to get to the killing. For solo content and duos I’ve been running with my healing gear in DPS mode using the rotation I mentioned above - until we run into trouble, then I switch to healer role and sort of healtank it alternating Blessing and HLS (use heal role because that way Blessing covers my partner as well) - this tactic let me solo the bosses in Wayne Manor Gala (partner on my first run through - she plays Hard Light - was extra squishy due to trying to combine dps and troll roles into one build and I couldn’t reach her for the rally :p) at level.

I *mostly* end up pugging - we’re a small league and half of us are on European time, so there’s only about 4 people at most available at any given time when I’m on, myself included.
  19. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

My league is EU so I can definitely understand where you are coming from. Cele has max render distance on all of its heals so give what I suggested a shot for pure healing. Cele isn't really built for battle healing anymore since revamp. They killed that when they destroyed McB and BcM not to mention the 500 damage penalties in healer role. Fatal can give you a bit more tips in that department since he has more patience for trying to sort it then I do.
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

just to clarify. Dom has nothing to do with the aggro. Once the tank used any skill the tank gets aggro for 12seconds (unless the tank uses another skill within that time).
    Dom is really only for Healing/Shields :)

Odyssey :eek:
    Been there 2 times xD
    Nice bunch of ppl over there! (still many of the great and nice players left :( ).

I need to have an eye on your hero char on EU then... :D
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.