PC Version Graphics are inferior to PS4 Version Graphics

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Torikumu, Feb 7, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

If the reason we don’t have them has anything to do with directx memory caps in Windows, that was fixed last fall...
    • Like x 1
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Before the merge I could go into my graphics card and make the graphics better than the game could. After merge, nope. DCUO did something when they merged the servers.
  3. Kuno Loyal Player

We PC users need a high-res option in the graphic settings.
    We can set shadows and so on at high but we only have low and medium options for textures.
    When I play DCUO on my PS4 (I'm a pc player) everything looks shinier and more vibrant but I thought it was due to 4k HD tv vs normal flat screen I use for pc.
    • Like x 3
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Until I saw the comparison pics in this thread, I had assumed all versions looked roughly the same...

Which is how it should be.
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Specifically looking at the Hippolyta model, does seem to be a slight degradation of the texture quality between PS4 and PC. It's not as noticeable as the 2 models featured in my original post, though and both of the screenshots look far better than the Hippolyta screenshot in that bug report.

Here's what I got:

[IMG]

The face looks a little bit low quality on the PC version, most noticeably around the eyes. The design on the white part of her chest, near her hips is a lot more pixellated on the PC version than the PS4.

Again, no modifications were made to these images other than cropping. The tone difference is because I have the gamma set differently on my PS4 and PC clients. The PS4 screenshot was captured using the Share button feature built into the PS4 and the PC screenshot was captured using the DCUO's F9 key screenshot capture button.
    • Like x 5
  6. Kuno Loyal Player

I guess the devs dont care about this serious issue?
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'm still investigating and haven't officially reported it, yet.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We looked into this and I confirmed with our client team what's going on here. The reasons for these differences are legacy, about recommended/required system specs, and not really important anymore.

The good news is that this was already high on our list of things to rectify and improve on in an upcoming game update, and we expect to improve the PC textures to match PS4 and XB1 in the medium-term future.
    • Like x 20
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

a well i Wish it was soon but then ill continue levelign my ps4 character.
    • Like x 1
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Good news indeed, Mepps, thanks for letting us know :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Awesoooooome! Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's not too long before us PC players see this go through. :)
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

This is very much appreciated, I just hope that "in the medium-term future" isn't too far away.
    • Like x 2
  13. Thunder/3030 New Player

I see This post with are Fearless CM Mepps P.S. tyvm Mepps i appreciate all u do for DCUO
  14. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Do you guys plan to update in game VSync as well so it no longer cap fps at 30?
    • Like x 2
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This has also been discussed, but I don't have an answer yet.
    • Like x 2
  16. Skandov Well-Known Player

Logged in to just say "Yes! Please!" The PC client has so many grahical problems from no draw distance (trees popping in and out, depending on how far you are from them) and no window borderless mode (which I heard was an unreal 3 problem?) But for the love of DCUO please let us get the maximum experience out of the game on PC, allow us to set all grahic settings to high and apply Anti Aliasing.
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

AA and texture filtering already works. Enable it in your graphics driver.
  18. Skandov Well-Known Player

I have it on, but it shouldn't be nessesary to do it this way. It's like injecting botox into your lips, they will look different but it's not natural. :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

LOL
  20. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Very true.