Crooked Wings

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by FjuronArkanoS, Jan 5, 2017.

1. FjuronArkanoS New Player

Animated wing styles are bugged
    -
    There is a visual bug with animated wing styles (such as Small Bird Wings), that sill hasn't been fixed.
    Short description: When you enter flying mode as flight or acrobatics, wing styles get offset in their position on your characters back and they become crooked, making their angle to your spine not 90° anymore. Resulting in a very ugly, crooked appearance.
    (this may apply to skimming too, tho I can't say for sure, since I don't have the Skimming movement method but I'ed assume the bug would appear there too)

This bug doesn't appear, when standing on the ground. On the ground the styles are perfectly fine in their position and angle. So you wont experience this, when your character has Super Speed as the movement method.

Could somebody please fix this?

Yours sincerely, FjuronArkanoS
    • Like x 3
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• Like x 1
  3. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

It has been like that since forever... a bit annoying.
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Not quite since forever, but close enough to it
  5. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

I have been playing since episode 2 then took a long break on 2012 till 2015.... still crooked lol
  6. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

The wing styles were crooked when the game launched, as they were tied to the alignment of the character's back. When in flight, characters twist their torso a bit, causing the wings to end up similarly angled. After a few years, the anchoring of the wings were altered so that they would level out when in flight, simply hovering, but revert when the character began moving.

Not too long ago, all these styles were reverted back to the original setup. I wouldn't think it was a bug, but something that would have to be deliberately done unless somebody inserted animation data that was stored from the classic game accidentally.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Very first screen shot back in 2011
    [IMG]
    Note that back then, the legs were alternate to what they are now
    • Like x 1
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Fix this please. Very annoying bug and probably most don't choose the flight movement mode because of this.
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Before the wings are working in this way...

Now we have the wings crooked when you fly or soar (Acrobatics). Fix it please.
  10. recoil Committed Player

it's even worse in skimming.
    • Like x 1
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

Exactly.
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

The wings today are in this way...

Just go to the minute 2:35.
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Also, note the knee position in the Blood Bat video compared to the Haasts picture

If you have a character with wings, just look at them in non-flight mode from the back and then activate flight-mode, note how where the wings connect to the back actually changes, it's much easier to see on a female character with either the Angelic or Divine chest or a visible spine like Demonic (and it works with any wing type), except the static wings like Divine and Talon Lord (even the Insectoid wings move: when in non-flight they are in their 'holes', but switch to flight and they are no longer in the holes in the carapace)
    • Like x 1
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Yes. It's already time to solve this.
  15. Templeton Active Player

Wings always look horrible if you are acrobatics, I could never equip them since whenever I glide they are set on a side a bit to the left/right don't remember, but they are crooked and look lame.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not the wings that are crooked. It's the posture of certain movements that make them look crooked.
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You mean, like flying? o_O
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And Super Speed.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It was, like, a joke: wings looking crooked because of the posture of flying :rolleyes:
    Haast's has been a winged flier from day one, and there have been a few changes to the posture and the wing position over the years