Can we please tone Mr. Freeze down?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

The issue isn't so much whether it can be beaten. Most groups probably defeat Freeze without much difficulty. This is a seasonal, though, and as such, it should be fun for all players with varying skill levels.
    • Like x 3
  2. RealTegan Dedicated Player

My 2 cents... "tell" does slightly too much damage. I agree it should have been toned down just a bit.

However, I have run all my toons through it daily and, while some groups never learn and I have to leave, most of them figure out by the third or fourth day that the easiest way to get rid of Freeze is to lure him to the top of the stairs and take him out there, away from the generators. If everyone has a shield and does pick-ups, that fight isn't at all difficult.

On the contrary, if everyone stays on the floor, or even just one player stays on the floor, and you don't have a healer... well, you're in for a long and stupid battle. Several pug groups I've been in have let the player on the floor die so the rest of us can battle Freeze at the top of the stairs - three players can beat him easily up there as long as he's not being lured back to the floor.
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

only reason yall cant beat freeze is cause you dont know da wae ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The instance has some things that are not working. I guess the testers missed the issues. The few things that I see are group breakouts, knockdowns & interupts of Mr. Freeze are broken in the instance. Mr. Freeze has always been kind of a tough guy but the player mechanics were working which does not help new players learn player instance mechanics. If the dev team would fix the issues I listed the instance would be alot easier. The devs did lower Mr. Freeze health from what I see but left the player mechanics broken. If everyone stands on the stairs you can melt him like a crayon in a broiler. He goes down QUICK.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

*spits*
    • Like x 1
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I don’t think *any* event instances ask for roles. 4 player DLC event mode ones might, I don’t remember, it’s been a while since the last time I ran injustice system, but no seasonal instances do.
    • Like x 1
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The groups I’ve gone in with, I don’t think any of them have pulled him up the stairs...and I’ve only seen one wipe - on the first day
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I was not 1 shot, I was in Freeze's face and too stubborn to drink a soda.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

Is fighting him up by the door considered an exploit?
    • Like x 1
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I personally wouldn’t consider it to be one that justifies reprisal, if it is...I’d just adjust the range of the generators’ effects to prevent it in the future. It’s possible they deliberately allowed for it in case someone leaves the instance or gets disconnected.
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I like the way you think.
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

How ironic that you of all people made this statement. :rolleyes::D

On topic to OP: I agree. It should be toned down just a notch, no lvl 10-open event should have bosses capable of one-shotting or nearly one shotting. To the people saying "just get a healer" and such, it's a seasonal.... Not a new alert. Simple as that. The seasonals are supposed to be casual, fun side content we get in between everything else. It's bad enough that they've already made seasonals a tedious mess adding the grindy, pricy aspect to them.

Oh, and 9001BPM... This is not a prank, we are actually in agreement here. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

U understand it's a game with roles correct?
    U know one role heals people
    I am no rocket scientist but I think the solution is so simple.

There are health barrels if no healer is present right? (odd I can't remember if so or not). Powers have shields and so does iconic powers so there are plenty of realistic options rather then make it even less challenging

People need to remember the original guys had harder content and no one who previously done it to learn from. Asking for easier on content scaled so low is a core issue with dcuo and needs to be eliminated
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You and the others changed my mind about that smelly Owlman so it’s not THAT ironic. Well, maybe a little bit. But yeah, did you see that video someone posted here? 90% to DEAD without warning at 1:10. I’m not sure something like that should even be happening in endgame, let alone a seasonal! Everyone here needs to see that part of the video to get the context of my complaint.
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree but let's face it most of them can be a pain in the rear depending on the group. At Halloween i am still finding players that have no clue about dealing with JUST the Crystals because Klarion in invulnerable until you deliver them where they need to go. Still have players that will stand and do nothing but attack Swamp thing when then need to go attack the Tech's and they even made that simpler. I'm like you .. its supposed to be a HOLIDAY event to give all players a way to earn gifts to celebrate the season.. not another way to frustrate and annoy. But that has been brought up time and time again and it never changes.

One thing I have misgivings about is the level at which they allow players to start running any of them. At level ten a player hasn't even gotten enough powers to even fill their tray and then depending on the power set some of them are not even designed for use by a DPS... Using water as an example by level 10 a player .. you have Crashing waves, Aquatic Arsenal, Soothing Mist, water Spouts and Shark frenzy available so that give you 5 powers to put in a 6 power tray and one of those (Soothing Mist) is a healer power. That means that 10 level who has now been stat clamped UP to CR 34 has exactly 1 piece of healer armor (a ring), and one minor heal.. Forget going healer..... As a DPS same guy has 4 actual attack, other than weapons, that can do damage... and none of those are the heavy hitters which you don't gain access to until later. And then they (meaning the devs) wonder why players under level 30 struggle to stay alive and do damage. Now add in the fact that same 10 level, unless its an alt to some guy with over 300 Sp and a lot of replays) has acquired almost no skill points, has no mods in place (my god no one mods armor that early), and no generator mods yet. Heck at level ten they have a utility belt with only 2 slots and have no where near enough Marks to even think about having a pet and either a Orbital strike or a Supply drop. AT BEST... they may belong to a league that gives them some buffs and considering how low their stats are.. those may not mean a thing when they are upgraded to CR 34. It kind of traslates to handing a guy a wooden stick and telling him to "Go Destroy that tank" As in armored vehicle with a cannon not an in game tank lol they either need to tone things down or UP the level at which a player can join in.... maybe 25 or 20? Hey at least they have a full power tray and a couple options for filling it by then
    • Like x 4
  16. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

These seasonals have gotten worse it's bad enough the prices for stuff is so high and add in having to run the clamped events the feats aren't worth 10 points.
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve always thought the level ten thing was a mistake.
    • Like x 1
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah it has been a problem for a number of years .. At some point they always wound up nerfing because the players "under thirty level' just could not do much of anything had real issues trying to complete a holiday alert. They actually created a "under 30 level" version at one point for one event. no idea if they are still doing that or not but I have seen players JOIN an event alert in progress (where someone quit and needed to be replaced) and they showed at Cr 27 or Cr 18 until they actually got inside so my guess would be NO.

THAT would be a good solution... just have two versions of the event. One for those getting clamped down to CR34 and a separate one for those no where near CR 34 yet.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

Put a shield in your loadout.
    Its not really that difficult, especially now since you can swap on the fly.
    • Like x 2
  20. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Speaking of villains and 'cake walk', is it possible for Freeze to use his ridiculous attack (that usually kills heroes) on Carol Ferris? I just saw her today losing like 20% of her health in a hearbeat after that infamous attack, the whole fight took about a minute including the cutscene LOL. I was barely able to finish a single rotation, 4 dps run.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.