Can we please tone Mr. Freeze down?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nawanda Loyal Player

Out of interest, do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

‘A group of level tens who follow the mechanics of the instance will probably beat it within three attempts.’
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Exactly! I don’t need a healer to survive Owlman for a few seconds, so why do I need one in the level ten seasonal?!
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Honestly, I think not. Tell comes out of nowhere and near oneshots you. MAYBE if they got lucky and he didn’t do it much, and he didn’t stop them reviving people...
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No one's getting 1 shot. I'm getting deja vu. You make the same excuses every seasonal. My god get over yourself. You're not playing with level 10 people and if you are shame on you for not explaining the mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You don't though. Yeah I'm in agreement that Mr Freeze should be toned down a little, but it's nothing game breaking. When I ran it first day only 2 DPS were on freeze and we took him to the corner and duo'd him rotating supply drops and what not.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You said you were getting oneshot in the post I replied to.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm starting to think people have different definitions for the term "one shot." For me I think of 100 to 0 in one hit. Other people I guess think if it almost kills you or you have around half health left and it kills you, it counts as a one shot.
    • Like x 1
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I was in 1 Seasonal today where Freeze did about 64,000 damage. Close to 16K per each player.
    That's close to 16 lives total damage over a few minutes. There were 5 deaths; everyone was rallied; and we beat him.
    On another note; I'll seen his "Tell" hit for 3487. That's about 83% of total health. Usually his tell hits right after a volley of 300 to 440 hits; and these hits aren't even noticed until you're dead. Effectively it's a 1 Shot; which you can't block.
    • Like x 5
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thank goodness someone knows what I’m talking about. :-S
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Instances that allow 10 lvl players who just left Brainiac ship shouldn't be like this, they dumbed down tutorial mission so you can just spam whatever you can but 10 lvl seasonal boss can kill you within 5 seconds at the beginning and there's nothing you can do about it? Many endgame instances never been like that, where's the consistency in all this? Let's compare apples to apples, name other seasonal boss doing such bs, even Klarion wasn't so annoying. Why teach newbies to block if it's useless? It's doable but I see many people leaving the instance disgusted.
    • Like x 5
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

There is zero reason to adjust the seasonal. Smh why everyone begs to make the path easier rather then learn what to do

Dcuo is a team game with roles. One role is a healer and if u die with a healer you are the problem. (ok the healer is but u get it)
    If u run it with 4 dps i hope u die. The game has roles for a reson. D3signing the game for people who refuse to learn or play correctly has taken a huge toll on the game and needs to stop.
    • Like x 2
  12. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

So let me see if I have this straight:

The seasonal is too difficult.

The seasonal is easy. Get good.

It's meant for level 10 players.

So bring a healer/tank.

The seasonal doesn't have role options.

Everything should require roles.

The seasonal difficulty will be reduced. These threads always have the same arguing back and forth and eventually result in a difficulty adjustment to help level 10 players complete it.
    • Like x 1
  13. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I posted something to the DCUO twitter asking to tone down Mister Freeze's "tell" attack. I'm not sure why people are against that. It's hitting for 2700+. Doesn't matter if you "follow" mechanics.

He is hitting very hard. If you're not getting hit by his attack, then congrats on not getting his aggro. I get it every time I'm in there. It's to the point that I switch to my support role because I'm tired of dying. I shouldn't have to run a premade every time I'm doing this. If I don't have a healer or tank (who know what they're doing) it's a guaranteed death for me. Why is the villain side a cake walk? Why does Carol hit with pillow hands? That thing can be easily run with 4 DPS or any combination, as that's how seasonals should be done.

Getting hit for 2700 and 3700 is not normal, especially when I have 4k-ish health.

I run this event on 5 toons, it'd be nice not to constantly die in there. This used to be one of my favorite seasonals. I'm beginning to hate it.

• Like x 6
  14. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Come to the stairs. :p
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

IT DOESN’T ASK FOR A ROLE WHEN YOU QUEUE. I would elaborate on that but I risk violating community standards.
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thanks for uploading that video, there’s a bit right near the end that PERFECTLY demonstrates the issue. 90%-dead straight out of nowhere!

1:10 for those who don’t want to sit through it all.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To be fair just cause it doesn't ask for a role doesn't mean you shouldn't use them.

They need to tone Mr Freeze down somewhat though, I see seasonal's as a way of escaping your normal grind, they should be quick and easy.
    • Like x 1
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I queue in as controller every time because that aggro dump shield most troll powers have seems to be the only thing that reliably keeps me alive. If no-one else is a role there’s nothing I can do except try to revive them and hope Freeze decides not to murder people constantly.
    • Like x 1
  19. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I don't disagree with you. I also don't disagree that the seasonal can be harder than endgame, so while endgame isn't difficult, the seasonal also shouldn't be difficult. :D
    • Like x 1
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I am doing the seasonal 7 times a day every day since it went live and on blind Que teams .. not with a group of friends or league mates just three other guys that I met right before we talked to Carol Ferris and headed inside.

Now I'll be perfectly honest here... the fastest and easiest runs have been with my CR 222 Water alt using the healer role. Between 2 different shields i can employ to deflect incoming damage the entire time, the huge puddle of HEAL OVER TIME that if anyone can not figure out where to stand to gain that affect they are blind along with 2 team heals and exactly 1 attack that does damage but also provides a heal to the team mate with THE most damage. Just yesterday had NO team mates die and we were done in 1 minute and 38 seconds.

BUT I have also been on teams that consisted of 4 DPS and while we might of had to rez a team mate now and then I have been on very few teams that totally wiped. Couple things I have noticed this season... Years past it seemed like you needed to destroy both those generators or Freeze took zero damage..... THIS year? I've seen him at half life by the time one generator was destroyed. I think they changed the mechanics... TRY just attacking him more and spending less time taking huge amounts of damage while you blast away at a piece of machinery. next up.. the tactic where Freeze gets pulled to that landing right outside the door where you talked to Carol is being used by a lot more players and YES it does work... SO get him over there and kick his butt. When I am playing my Atomic Tank that is the first thing I do.

Lastly As much as possible KILL THE DANG ADDS. Nothing spells DEATH like firing away at a generator or Mr Freeze while a couple adds sneak in behind you and beat you to death. Helps if you have ways to stun or hold them.... When I am playing my Quantum I can stun them and take them out in no time while the others are beating the crap out of Mr. Freeze.

I have been on teams that were 4 DPS that did fine. Teams with 1 tank and 3 DPS that were fine. teams with 1 Healer and 3 DPS that were fine. A team yesterday that had 2 healers and 2 dps 9and neither healer switched to dps) and we did fine.. took a little longer to complete but hey No one died LOL. Had one team with a tank, healer, troll and dps and did just fine. I have yet to log in today so in 6 days I have run that alert 42 times all thru blind ques and i have been on three teams that wiped. Had a team wipe on day one with my Water Alt.. actually the very first time I ran the alert. I switched to healer and we went back in and kicked butt.

Does Freeze ro a lot of damage? YES But you can defeat him and get your rewards. GOOD HUNTING
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.