DCUO Valentine's Day 2018 Rewards

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Torikumu, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I figured other newer players would like to know.
    Thank you for all you've done!
    • Like x 1
  2. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Can anyone confirm that the "Gotham Date Night" collections items are dropping? As so far I have not seen any and chatter was no-one was finding them; chat consensus was they are missing or broken. Is there any word one way or the other?
  3. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Running with my alts, I've seen quite a few of them. I'm passing everything to my main, and he's only missing two of the collection pieces. I've only seen them in the seasonal so far.
    • Like x 1
  4. Earth742 Well-Known Player

RealTegan Said:
    From the Alert, or Collections Nodes?
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Definitely dropping :)

I've seen them most frequently in the Love's Battlefield instance, but I've also seen people getting them from bosses in other content, too. Yesterday, a friend got one of the collections from Steppenwolf in the Darkseid Duo.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ascended Well-Known Player

Just wanted to thank Torikumu for all his (her?) hard work.

I stumbled upon one of your guides last year, and you're now my go-to source for DCUO guides and updates.

You do excellent work, and it is very much appreciated! Should've said this six months ago....but I've been too busy using your guides to post about it! :)
    • Like x 3
  7. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Only from the alert. I haven't been running much other content, so I don't know if it's dropping in other instances. But it's definitely dropping in Love's Battlefield.
    • Like x 1
  8. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Looks like I'll have to plan on making extra runs then; just for the loot drop not the reward of hearts, since I can't afford the replays.
    Thank you.

UPDATE: Event Collection Items I have gotten a few in The Watchtower. So not just the 2 cities.
    Question: Is the Full Size Statue of Arthur & Mera Tradable? To be safe, I will have an alt or two store the Collections Items, so I can send those to a friend later.

UPDATE 2: They drop in roughly HALF of the Seasonal Alert, "Love's Battlefield". Usually given to MOST BOSS DAMAGE of a group, but not always. NONE from other alerts I've run so far.
    The 1-2 I was fortunate enough to get from the Broken, were ones I already had so sent to alt.
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thank you very much :) I appreciate your kind words and am glad to know that you find my stuff useful. No plans on stopping any time soon, so stay tuned for more :D
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Try running through all the Solos and Duos if you have time. They're definitely dropping from bosses outside of the seasonal mission :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Earth742 Well-Known Player

So far 1 dropped from Loves Battleground, and one I got from the Broken(Broker).
    I only have 2 Lv 30 characters, and most Alerts are closed to those below 30. So hopeful that when I run my 30s through Alerts things will improve as far as drop rate goes.
    Thx again for all your help!

UPDATE: of th5 I have so far; 1 from Love's Battleground, 1 from a trade (generous stranger), 2 from the Broken, 1 from Bane in Carmine Lighthouse. So it is dropping from regular missions' Bosses!!
  12. malloc New Player

Is there some trick to getting a good time on the race? I don't hit anything, hold forward the whole time, and space to go up, but people keep speeding pass me and i never get the gold time (playing on PC). Any tips?

Also love your guides, but as a newbie I wish you would tell more about the best ways to get the rewards (tips for the alerts, etc.)
  13. As the Universe Fades New Player

You need to pass thru the flying hearts and you will get a speed boost.
  14. malloc New Player

Thanks, I was able to get up to gold today at least (I had thought the hearts where bad since sometimes you bounce off them)
    • Like x 1
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The Dark Red hearts cause an explosion which knocks anyone racing near you to be bounced away. The light Pink hearts grant you a speed boost :)

I made a crappy video way back in 2015, before I knew how to edit, of me participating in the race for the first time since it returned:

I got a 1:59 in this video, which is 4 seconds shy of the Platinum medal. I missed some of the first few sets of Pink hearts which, alone, probably would have got me the Plat.

Other areas I messed up on is that I tried to fly up the sky scraper building. In my opinion, it's better to just hold X instead of trying to fly forward up the side of the building. You get more control and are more likely to hit the hearts that way.

I also tried to fly back down the other side of the building. In my opinion, disabling movement mode and just dropping through the markers is faster, although you have to position yourself correctly and maybe jump in and out of flight.
    • Like x 2
  16. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

When does this valentines event end?
  17. JKwak Well-Known Player

they also slow you down
    • Like x 1
  18. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Champloo92 Said
    3/5/18
    • Like x 2