DCUO - 5 Things You Have Given Up On Achieving

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Feb 6, 2018.

1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

It may not have initially had issues because of the elitists, but they failed miserably in offering anything remotely constructive or beneficial to get it back to decent health.

Personally, I would love to see RPS return.
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I got these... :D

Just log in, run the missions real quick when you first get on, all three shouldn't take anymore than around 10 minutes...

Do this each time you log, and before you know it, you'll be done and never have to go back to toyland... EVER. ;)
  3. Hytch Well-Known Player

No sir. This is a peaceful protest that is hurting no one but myself. I will purposefully deprive myself of more SP just for the principal of the matter. You have no idea how much I loath those missions.
    • Like x 2
  4. Roocck Committed Player

Feats - Points received for some of these feats are not worth trying for, difficulties getting, hard to get league mates and pugs to help with certain feats etc... (Totally gave this one up)
    Modding - Materials are to steep and requires days and weeks to get...
    Gear - Cost to high (get one piece of gear a week if your lucky) or pay for replays (amount is the cost of raids).... (Don't care to much for this either)... 191 gears are as good....
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not sure about 5 things, one thing I've given up on though is collecting feats... It's really, really not worth it anymore. TC's are so clogged with 25 and 50-point feats where you just stand around and open your wallet, yet you're supposed to work your butt off to get certain 10 point-feats in content or ridiculous copy-paste feats like craft X amount of mods and generator mods every damn episode.

I used to work towards finishing the featlist of a new episode before the next episode got out, now I couldn't really care less. I am sitting here with 357 SP on my main and I honestly feel like it wouldn't hurt my toon in the slightest if I just stopped any getting feats all together from here on out.
    • Like x 1
  6. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I gave up on the phantom zone omnipotence helmet after running both elite and regular for years and spending 20 bucks on replay badges in a week as well as the daily loot unlock. I finally decided to quit the game a few weeks ago. Not sure I'll ever come back unless they upgrade bases and create vehicles.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, same here. CC bounties and lair duels are mine. The CC bounties I have done, but when released. There was no feat. So a majority of mine never counted, nor did they grandfather us in. The lair duels, same issue. You used to have to win all rounds to get 1 win. Changed it somewhere down the road. That's just another one I've actually finished, but I never actually finish.
  8. Hytch Well-Known Player

Word. I don't have all those feats either. I personally don't have anything against CC Bounties and Lair Duels besides I don't want to take the time to put a farm group together for the bounties and I am just in general don't like the lair pvp. I just like the larger scale pvp like Legends 4v4 or 8v8.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your not missing much. I was joking in another thread and last night to some friends. When j was around 230sp is when I stopped grinding for feats. That was like 3 years ago. I've only gotten 100sp in 3 years. Lol. Laziest 343sp player you'll see.
  10. Hytch Well-Known Player

Yeah man, I have recently came back from a two year absence so I am only around 210ish. I am catching up but I am not going out of my way. Seems that is the best method. If you care too much about getting them then you end up stressing yourself out and making the content not fun which turns the game into bad time. Sure stats matter and all that but I could care less about running Elite stuff.
  11. 0riginal R0CKET Active Player

1. LPVE
    2. PVP
    3. Long term Feats (gathering, cc bounties, ect.)
    4. Material and Aura feats.
    5. OP and rare drop feats.

I still run with a ton of characters, Still make mods but mostly to get the feats (beta mods for the rest). The only feats out of the time capsules that I worry about are the gear style feat and emblem because they are relatively inexpensive.
  12. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

1. having a life
  13. Hytch Well-Known Player

I gave up on that well before DCUO.
  14. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Love is really about the only thing in the list. And I hate to say I did run about 25 if those last week for the first time in months.
  15. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

I've got 27 characters but I can only keep up with 1, sometimes two. I used to have 10 at top tier.
    • Like x 1
  16. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

4 me personally I just stop caring.

I use to want to help ppl in raids and how to mod but it feel like i'm wasting my breath. Trollers spam debuffs and not giving power, healers power bar goes empty in .001 seconds and ppl can still beat content with these type of players.

Don't care about having the best mods in every single slot anymore. I feel like you have to spend money on replay badges to keep up. Feats I stop caring about.
    It been a year 4 me begging ppl to do feats with me in raids. I guess TC is more important.

TC and replay badges is the way to go if you want to advance in this game, and to be honest I'm tired of fighting against it. As much it is unpopular on the forums, I'd say it very popular in game.

When you have ppl who complain about TC's but yet still buy them is just frustrating to me.

DCUO can abuse the heck out of these players now. I don't care anymore. The player base love p2w and they will defend it. Who am I to get in their way to spend hundreds of dollars on rng just to feel elite or special.

And when they complain about how unfair the results are due to them spending money I'll just laugh and cry on the inside
  17. Agent Flores Committed Player

I pretty much gave up on getting the kyrptonian flex suit top from FOS1 and 2. I've been running those for years and have not gotten that damn chest piece. The RNG gods hate me. :(
  18. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

1. I got all the team up feats on my hero and transferred them over.
    2. Still doing this, but actually crafting mods for my PC alt now.
    3. Yes, gave up on this one. Don't even run the stabilizer event much anymore.
    4. I think I need 1 more style piece of the gotham knight style on my hero. I transferred the feats over so my villain pvp CR is 0.
    5. I had 3 end game villains during AF3, but now have just 1.

For me I gave up on elite gear for my healer. I see lots of elite LFG shouts on the hero side, but none on the villain side. My PC alt hero is 221 CR now, but only has 85 SP. I can feel the huge difference SP makes when healing. I'll have to calculate how much I need to be decent and start grinding.

My only hope for elite gear for my villain is probably if they join hero/villain LFG.

19. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

i've given up on being support role for my main now i only KILL!

20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Only 5?!
    1) Marks, Gear Chase, SP Chase
    2) TC's TC Collections,TC Aura's, TC Aura Feats
    3) PVP, PVP Gear Chase; LPVP, PVP SP Chase
    4) Joining Leagues; CHAT; LFG (Thanks Gold Sellers); old friends that pop in then pop out.
    5) Expecting anything beyond a monetized meaningless grind.