It's time to re-think Catalyst Acquisition.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's what I do. I run my main only thru the week. Just my dailies, duo, and alerts. Weekends I run my main and a couple of alts thru the maps that I needed catalysts from. Just started all this after Xmas, cause I was on a little fortnite break. My main and alts artifacts are all around the same level.

At the same time, like my other post. Not everyone has the same weekends as us Monday thru Friday, 8 to 5 workers.

Putting some catalysts in solo content isn't going to hurt anyone.
    • Like x 1
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

I agree it won’t hurt anyone, but what’s the value of putting it in solo content? The breakthrough steps require “generally” a duo, alert, and raid.
    • Like x 1
  3. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I see groups in LFG looking to do catalysts runs at least once or twice a week.
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

To me it seems every time they add something to “hopefully” increase group play, “some” people would rather post about ways to circumvent the group play. Form a group, q as roles, make friends, send me a message. If I’m not on send a mail message.

I’ve spoken to less than 5 people in game that post on here. We don’t have to become besties, but we do have shared objectives from time to time :)

I’m not going to keep a day planner and schedule everything, but a message like “Hey I’m usually on at nights (eastern time), grab me for catalyst runs next week if you want” would probably work out from time to time.

Or LFG message, “Q’n for (alert/raid) catalyst run if anyone wants in.”
    • Like x 1
  5. Abel Well-Known Player

If I need to do a "Cat Run" that's an alert or a raid then I typically plan ahead by queing Zam or Artifacts and then while waiting I run any open world stuff like Earth 3 Gotham, the Open World Seasonal and then the Riddled with Crime and usually both will pop up.

Or if by chance if it does not pop up(which is rare) the LFG Chat channel will have someone looking for a group during the same time period. LFG Chat channel is very useful for "Cat Runs" if it does not que up.
    • Like x 2
  6. Frankzilla Committed Player

It would be no issue getting ppl to ruin old content if the community didnt devalue the rare drops the incentive would be the ability to profit in game cash. The brainiac back was 500 mil at one point not because of the item level but because its a rare drop and style. But somehow its 700k now but still a rare drop and style same for kick me robo joker cc hood etc
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Some of us just don't play well with others. :) I'm guilty of that 100%. At the same time, I don't enjoy playing with kids. I've played this game for the past two years solo or with 2 or 3 friends. Sure it's an MMO, but no one else cares about my progression, my stats, etc, more than I do. Solo content would be very welcome by players like myself. Adding one or two solos here and there is not a bad thing, nor would adding catalysts to a couple of solos.

I'd love to hear from a brand new player on their opinion cause most of these assumptions are made by end game players. I'm willing to bet newer players would have rather had help in duos, alerts, and raids that get difficult at certain CRs. Example would be the flash duo. Beginning CR players usually struggle in this duo. I mean, if we are there to help newer players, put the things in instances that would actually help. Like area 51, I just laughed at that. What would make more sense to a new player, maybe something like bludheaven.

Everyone has their own views, but I stand by what I said. Putting a couple catalysts in solo content wouldn't hurt anyone. Heck, they could even attach them to DLC bounties to help newer players. Just not seeing the benefit of throwing a 220 something into shadowlands and thinking they wouldn't run to the end. No one's being helped.
    • Like x 1
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

^^^^^This is what you said^^^^^and that is why I made the comment.
    You were wondering why players cannot trade catalysts cross platform and that is why. It's simple really.
    It seems that you want to argue just for the sake of argument. I was trying to help you understand why and you are refusing to see or understand what I said.

You cannot even remeber what you said. I don't know what you are on but you might want to lay off it for a bit.

As for the other reason about the cats......... DCUO wants you to pay for instant gratification or you can take your time and do it for free. Why can you not understand that?
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Your actual response was:
    Probably the same reason that we caanot give each other resets.( My guess would be PSN)
    (I did add the font sizes for emphasis...seems like it's 'lets use big fonts day', thought I'd join in)

And to your point I remember exactly what I said, when you compared cats to replays:
    "Except that for replays we either spend real world cash (via wallet or card) or get via membership (from the monthly grant or by using loyalty points) neither of which are true for cats farmed in game."
    Your comparison did not apply as replays and cats are completely different, so your point was shot down. You have decided to continue trying to press the point.

So excuse me if, when asking for an actual reason, I took your 'Probably' and 'my guess' to mean your opinion was not based in facts. You then came back with a lame scenario where people would go out and set up accounts to run and get the cats, then send them across. While that is possible, it's weak at best as getting those upper cats would require a sub or 8 DLCs at a minimum...defeating the 'free' purpose. I rebutted your argument. Talk about arguing for the sake of arguing. You seem to have completely missed the point where I'm talking about my Premium PC account that cannot get the upper cats regardless of how much time I take...there is no free option to get the cats if you are Premium, why can YOU not understand that? Or please explain to me this free method of grinding out Quantum level or above cats on a Premium or free account...I'm dying to hear how you would do that without a DLC or Sub.

I'd agree that there is a money factor behind it (as there is with everything now at DBG), it just makes no sense with almost everything else in the game that is a drop being trade-able... including things would that cost real money as well if you were inclined, as you say, to have instant gratification (like auras or items out of LB's). Either way, thanks for all your 'facts' and I'm glad you cleared it up. You probably are not mental, I'd guess that's just the way you came off here. Or did I miss the place where your name is in green and your opinions would be based in some sort of developer knowledge you just poorly communicated?

Feel free to respond however you like, I'm done with the subject as the only one who had any response was taking guesses, I'm sure I will not hear a better, based in facts, reason. Just like everything else nowadays, I'm going with 'DBG cash grab' as the reason unless someone else knows of another reason.

Reinheld
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

<—— Afraid to type anything :)
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Argue just to argue you're so awesome.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yuup, trying to explain to him is a waste of time because he refuses to accept very simple explanation. He just wants to complain just for the sake of complaining and argue for the sake of argument.
    Nothing more.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If the Dev's intended goal by putting catalysts in group content is to get people to help reduce queue times, putting catalysts in solos would hurt that purpose. For the record, not all high CR players run straight to the end...I certainly never do. And that should not be a deterrent for doing it like they are (in other words, bad players should not dictate features).
    • Like x 2
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

The way I’m taking it, they would add new ones to solos? That’s a moot point, wouldn’t have an effect as they’d still need to do the runs in the alerts and raids for all the breakthrough steps. If the suggestion is to move them all from group stuff to solo stuff then that would slow down q’s. I guess I’m not seeing a purpose to changing it. I think/hope they will add more stuff to spread out where you need to go.
    • Like x 1
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'd like to mix things up just for variety's sake. having to grind out old content after having to grind out old content after having grinded it out after grinding it out ranks high on the fast burn out track. its lpve all over again.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, whatever. Your saying a bad player is someone who won't kill the NPCs? Ok.
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

PlayStation, huh?
  18. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

I think the catalyst the drops in League of Assassins should be Ra's al Ghul's blood. He even says it is. :)
  19. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Seals dont always work
  20. Dene Devoted Player

Seals don't stop failures or change the failure rate - they just ensure you do not lose catalysts if it does fail.

EDIT: If you are using a seal and still lose your catalysts then put in a ticket
    • Like x 2