CR no longer matters right?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Rage, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Jason Rage Active Player

With the stat revamp, the CR differential was removed and combat is based on stats now. With that being said, maybe we could have our SP give our character a CR bump to show the other players that we are stronger than just the gear we were. Maybe have a CR level per 100 SP. For example, current Max gear gives you a CR of 228. But a person with 300 SP will have a CR of 331. It would be a way to show people that your a little better than the average player.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

This is a petty request IMHO.
    • Like x 17
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

Lol.
    No need to do that.
    Cr is still important because its from gear and gear gives the modt stats.
    And do you really need to feel better by just 1 or 2 cr?
    Maybe you could do that by being a good player actually. Sp and cr doesnt say your are strong or good at all
    • Like x 6
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

CR is a progression marker to unlok content and nothing more. What you're sugeesting sounds like scoreboard chasing 2.0.

No, thanks. You demonstrate how good you are by how well you perform and how well you work with your group. Try setting a good example...I bet that will take you much further than bragging over a meaningless number.
    • Like x 11
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah, that's a big fat NO
    Your CR is calculated by your top gear- Your gear contains the most stats of anything (SP, MODS, GENERATOR etc..)
    At a certain point in SP (I think 275 or so) you have maxxed out your primary stat (VIT, DOM, MIGHT, RESTO etc..) so anything above that is really just extra that you can use for survivability.
    • Like x 5
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No thanks.

I do agree that our stats need to matter more. I don't like that the more SP you have, the less return you get. That's the only part that bothers me. It's not even a scoreboard thing. My alts should not be as strong, or stronger, just because of a power. That part needs adjusted, but nothing like what you suggested. I don't need to feel superior because of my skill points, it i should have the potential to be stronger.
    • Like x 4
  7. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Not really the biggest issue in the world but in a round about way not a terrible idea. & it has nothing to do with scoreboard so no idea why that was mentioned.

People want SP to matter more but for content balancing reasons the devs can't/won't. But if the SP counts in a very slight way to CR as per the OP, the higher SP will have a slight advantage when it comes to gear attuning levels when new content drops.
    • Like x 1
  8. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Oh Rage.... We need to talk before you post your silliness. (catch you in league chat later) lol CR does not need to climb any higher or quicker then it already does. But yes they need to find a way to make sp matter more then they do. But powers as far as dps goes still matter the most.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

This makes logical sense. Your SP does make you more fit for combat and should therefore contribute to your combat rating. (but then so should mods.)

If the intent is that CR is merely a content gate, then they should consider changing the name.
  10. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

I should mention that your choice of topic name is poor. It has resulted in people making counter arguments against the topic name rather than what you are actually saying.
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

Mods used to raise CR. They changed that a while ago and rolled the boost from mods into the base calculation.
    • Like x 1
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Give everyone CR 34 and call it a day.
    • Like x 1
  13. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

that motivation will lead nowhere fast.
    • Like x 3
  14. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

I know. Mixed messages there if you ask me.
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I get what your saying, but the amount of sp doesnt mean youre a good player.
    Stronger maybe stat wise, but not better. OP is a term thrown around. Everyone wants to be it. Me, I prefer to be the sleeper. Like a stock looking car smoking a Corvette.

Let me give you an example. I had a leaguemate awhile back, we are the same power (Fire), same CR, ran the same loadout, in the same content, only difference between us was over 120sp. He had 340, I had 215 to 220 at the time. Damage should weigh heavily in his favor according to your logic. That wasnt the case. I beat him by millions, not hundreds of thousands, millions. So since I play my powerset better than a 300 plus sp player, my CR should be higher to acknowledge Im the stronger player right? Nah, it is what it is. Good players dont have to be well known by their CR. Its all about action. Proofs in the pudding not in a title that says Im stronger. That's initially what your asking for. Being stronger doesnt always translate into better. The good ones never say anything, they just do what they do.
    • Like x 8
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

On another note, some of these 300 plus sp toons running around had a different path than others. They breezed thru the AM era or got carried thru by good players. I am NOT discrediting everyone with high sp toons. Alot of you guy earned every bit of your sp with your relentless grind. Kudos. Just saying that new people coming in working towards 300sp have a different path to take, a little harder than those that came in the AM era. The AM era players are mostly overrated. The pre AM's and post revamp have to work mechanics, communicate, and be team players. Nit just burn theu everything. Just my opinion.
    • Like x 7
  17. not_again Dedicated Player

Combat Rating really is a silly title and should be changed. Skill points became stat points so combat rating should have been changed to gear rating.

To the OP, I think adding a second number to the UI to identify stat points is not a bad idea.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ahh, kind of. Lol.

Pre AMs we hand stuff like dash attack, whirling dervish, clown box, ice, fire, mental throwing meatballs and lightweights, etc.

Post revamp, we had gorilla beach balls, earth, electric, etc.

Things were defiantly easier during AMs, but the list of broken powers, weapons, movement modes is well documented. And we all had to witness the gorilla crap.

Having high SP really doesn't mean much anymore. Really only two types of players. Those of us that have been here long enough to have accumulated them, and those that actually grinded them. When they got them has never bothered me. Just the way some of the feats were handled, and the lowering of PvP feats have always bother me. Add on however many skill points you get thru TC.
    • Like x 1
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I'm with you on this. SP do not carry enough weight in what they provide to you in stats.
  20. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

False premise.
    • Like x 2