It's time to re-think Catalyst Acquisition.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Feb 7, 2018.

1. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I buy what i need on the broker pretty cheap. Easy as pie
    • Like x 1
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not even going to bother responding to the rest but honestly? do you have any clue what this suggestion would entail?

Basically anyone at any CR can be inside a raid like Sub Construct (as example again) So the dev team is supposed to sit and re code all those raids, alerts and the one duo involved with Catalysts so the game will detect exactly which type of cash EACH is supposed to get and on a given raid could be paying out Marks, Ancient Coin, War Bonds, Marked Bills or Ultra Bucks?

I am not a computer program but that sounds like a nightmare to even attempt to try to code to me. Or do they come up with a new "reward box" so you can decide what currency you want to get? Because let's face the fact that there are times as a player is working on getting higher CR where they can get and still use several types of coin. At one point my Earth DPS/Tank was high enough in CR to do Riddled with Crime content and was grabbing Marked Bills but was still low enough in CR and had some armor that would benefit if I used the War Bonds to buy pieces of gear from Ages of Justice. Heck On occasion when i have time I take my Main and just visit all those zones to grab Nth metal and even at CR 221 I am still being awarded Ancient coin from Typhon's Monster invasion zone, War Bonds from the War Torn zones, Marked Bills from the Amusement Mile gang war zone AND Ultra bucks from Earth 3.

Also this is NOT some other game and they already came up with a solution for older content.... called Relevancy. If my character is too high I just don't get ANY real cash reward.. just an alternate reward box. So once again you are expecting the Dev team to totally revamp the game. Hate to tell you but I am now the only member left in my entire LEAGUE thanks to all these constant revamps not to mention the fact that our last "REVAMP" where stats became important again took the devs months and we went 8 months between new episodes. You want to watch the game population drop like a rock? Force that on us again while we redo how we get paid for completing missions at numerous tiers.
  3. Kestral Committed Player

This is funny. I've had no trouble running 2 characters through every piece of catalyst content every week since they came out through solo queing. The time of day and what day of the week you are trying this matters for the raids, but not that much for the alerts. If your only playing dps and not a role however I suggest you get your catalyst runs done Thur-Sat because the chances of your que happening after that goes down significantly. Also, if you just really don't want to run them others will be happy to sell the catalysts to you on the broker.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

Maybe my experience is different than yours but it seems that since they put catalysts in the raids, raid queues actually pop now, as opposed to logging in, queuing for raid, doing various other things for 8 hours, noticing you're still in the queue when it's time to go.

They should put unique required things in each raid.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dene Devoted Player

I thought that's what ppl did anyway?

Everyone complains noone uses LFG - yet so many issues could be solved if ppl just starting using it.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!!
    • Like x 2
  6. Dene Devoted Player

Agreed.. not just catalysts either..

A Great example - I still need the Battle For Earth 250 duos (am at 205 - SO CLOSE) - I could walk in but decided more fun & helpful to lower crs to try queuing.. they pop so quickly.. ppl need them because of the feat and/or to gear up... i'm guessing not the same for some other duos
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Can a PSN Plus account make more than one DCUO account?
    Can a PS player make PC accounts to farm the pieces for the artifacts? Yes
    Then would those PC accounts be able to send the PS account the pieces if they were tradable crossplatform. Yes

There is your answer.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Actually no. I'm not sure why the restriction, but Catalysts are divided by platform. If i'm correct there should be a description on the catalysts themselves that mentions "not tradeable across platforms".
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That is what was saying and why they are not tradable. So that PS players cannot make a ton of farm alts on PC and then send them to their PS accounts.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ink-catalyst-acquisition.294477/#post-4092616
    ^^^HERE^^^

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ink-catalyst-acquisition.294477/#post-4092616

Then the reply here^^^^

^^^^^^ That is why I said this^^^^^^

I was not saying that you could trade them. I was explaining why the catalysts are probably not crossplatform tradable.

PSN does not like to share and DCUO wants t make sure the PS player base does not exploit the catalysts with tons of PC farm alts like they were doing with the TC farming.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I misread what you wrote.
  11. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

catalyst should drop as nth metal ... from everywhere and even in pvp yo
  12. Hytch Well-Known Player

How would this require an entire revamp of the game? Sure it will take some programming work. But any solution to this issue will take some programming work. To add an optional stat clamp for out of CR range content in exchange for at level rewards added to the alternate reward boxes would not require an entire revamp of the game. You mentioned that the result of this would force even more people to leave the game. I feel the opposite is true. Having more content to run and more opportunities to earn relevant rewards would give people more to do which will make them more apt to stay.
    Do you have an alternate solution to the issue of no one wanting to run lower level content?
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What in the world does that have to do with anything I said? Your point has nothing to do with why cats...and only cats...are not tradeable across platforms. I actually said I had surplus of cats on my PS account, some of it from alts, sure. I also could have a lot of surplus collections, exobits, auras, Green Knight gear, Shimtar Chest pieces, Cosmic materials...do I actually need to list almost everything you can get in the game EXCEPT Catalysts? All of those are farmable (I can create 100's of PS accounts to get extra stabilizers and yes...farm TCs even if I were inclined to do so) and transferable between PS and PC. I don't see how the cats are any different. And sure, I could create more PC accounts, but as i'm not going to go above premium, my point (if you read anything...well read it and understood it), was that, as premium, I cannot get anything done above Shadowlands for Mystic Lightning on PC so transferring them between my PS and PC would be the most logical option. Just like I did with a red aura I got from a LB drop the other day....I wanted a red aura on my PC toon, and mailed it to her from PS instead of buying one from the MP or buying LB keys and hoping for the best.

So as I was talking about getting higher level cats tor my PC toon, that would require either purchase of legendary on multiple accounts or at minimum purchase of about 8 DLCs...your point that a person could create a bunch of accounts and farm the cats just to send them over to the other side makes no sense. If someone is setting up multiple PAID accounts(they would need to spend at least 5$ per account to trade the items) and running them just to stock up on cats vs buying them in the MP, I'm sure that would be very attractive to DBG. Your logic (what there is of it) falls flat unless you are talking about only farming the first 4 cats on all these PC accounts you talk about setting up.

As I also said, I've got this problem addressed via other means. I was just wondering if there were any LOGICAL reason why cats would not be tradeable. "Because PSN...that's why" is not a logical reason no matter how many times you link back to your own point.

Reinheld
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

option 1 & 2 yes but option 3 no. I don't want my stats clamp after earning it. It would make me not run any lower content for catalyst, I would just buy them from the market to save me the headache
  15. AlanR80 Active Player

Maybe once you have found one type of catalyst, you should be able to buy more from John Constatine for MoV. Then you could either replay the alerts for the catalysts or grind some MoV running the content you want to do :)
  16. Miss Adora Loyal Player

what is your definition of pretty cheap? Most things I see in the broker, I find over priced.
  17. Hytch Well-Known Player

Well, like I mentioned earlier in this thread I would hope that the stat clamp would be optional. Simply because, like you, I too like to run previous content and feel powerful. But I do not expect to get current CR relevant marks or gear. So if it is optional then it would be the best of both worlds. I would still like to get catalysts from the non clamped stuff though.
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Absolutely not. This was implemented to get people in to old content. You want to undo that bc you can't be bothered to get a group together.
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

A little over $10 gets you all the catalysts for rank 20-80. Fairly inexpensive.

Also what others said, even in the dead LFG of the villain side I've seen people form artifact groups. It must work because they keep doing it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'm all for them being in raids, alerts, and duos also. I don't think it's a bad idea to have some in solo content. People's play time differ and I know it's not easy to put groups together some parts of the day.

I've never had an issue cause I save all my catalyst runs til the weekend, but not every has the same work schedule and weekend.