It's time to re-think Catalyst Acquisition.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Waiting around for over a hour for a queue of either Zam or Artifacts to pop; is not gameplay!
    It's time to make all these Catalyst Acquisitions happen in Solos and Duos.
    • Like x 6
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, good luck with that. The model we have been forced to play under this last year is EVERYONE PLAYS TOGETHER! Probably not gonna change.
    • Like x 7
  3. Hytch Well-Known Player

Problem would be solved if they either:
    1. Allowed walkins for alerts/raids
    2. Made worthwhile drops in those instances (Like rare collections, rare styles, ect.)
    3. Allow high CR players to run those instances stat clamped for at level marks, gear, and other rewards.

I'd prefer option 3.
    • Like x 3
  4. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I'd ask why is this a problem? Do you have anything that is being done for that hour?

My biggest problem is the getting all the material and then having an unsuccessful trial. I just came back 2 weeks ago, so I don't know this answer.. Is there a way to increase the success of a attempt?
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Increase the chance no, however you can use a seal (available on the marketplace) that will keep your materials if the breakthrough fails.
    • Like x 2
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Seals. You get one for free from the introduction mission.

More are on the Marketplace.
    • Like x 1
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

If they would put them into duos, you wouldn't buy them off their marketplace anymore after you waited one hour for a queue.
    • Like x 2
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Few problems with your options I'm sorry to say

1. Already have had Mepps tell us no new walk-ins will be added because of the glitches and bugs the older ones created.

2. Let's just use Sub Construct as an example how exactly do they add any type or rare style to entice a CR 220+ to want to run the thing more often when it is designed to be played at combat rating 40? Plus even if it was just a style not armor .... it would require a revamp of every single mission that drops catalysts to add that new stuff. I can not see the Dev team spending that much time on that. Not now that they are selling catalyst packages at the market.

3. Okay first of all you are going to tick off a huge number of players telling them they HAVE to be stat clamped to run a mission .. We have that whole crowd that likes to zip past tons of adds to get to that final boss and get the catalyst... Never quite understood that since the MOBS can drop Nth metal which. YOU NEED TO INCREASE YOU ARTIFACT TOO umm DUH?? lol And then how exactly does this reward system work? Let's use Sub Construct again... So my CR 222 Munitions DPS is supposed to get stat clamped down to Cr 64 (highest CR a player cab still get marks for in that mission) meaning the missions takes longer and I'm CR 222 outside that mission.. I have marks now I have no real use for what the hell do i need more of them for? I need ULTRA BUCKS to buy gear I can use. Plus the only way your idea for GEAR works is IF said gear is unatuned and set up like the gear we got from the anniversary event where it has no assigned CR either and just sets itself to what ever CR the player has that gets it (because we can't hand out CR 193 gear to a player at CR 160) . And of course again you are talking a huge overhaul to all those missions to add those rewards.... Honestly at this point I don't think daybreak cares if any of us ever runs another Catalyst mission ever again .. they want us to buy the catalyst packs.

Bottom line ... these days they have it set up so you can buy catalysts and now you can even but the detector to increase the amount of Nth metal you get running ANY mission so they are not going to do much of anything to distract players from buying stuff.
    • Like x 1
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Make sure suicide squad is on, remove unnecessary players from ignore.

Shout for people, at least get 1 or 2 to queue while you wait
    • Like x 1
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Also when were you doing this. If you don't know, its a Wednesday morning and people have jobs
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

...and in the broker if you are set for in-game cash.

BTW, if there is an upcoming sale, check the prices on these components. They were on the Black Friday sale at a very low price and if you planned on gearing up a few toons, would be worth buying when on the cheap. Otherwise, grind out the cats on several toons and trade between them. Don't forget, when you gear your main or 2nd up to 100, you can still run to get extras to trade around to your alts and return the favor.

Oh, and back on topic of can't get the runs done, try to run on Thurs-Sun. You will always be able to find a group that wants to run top tier stuff like Pano or Escape later, or grind out 303 almost any day, but for queuing into these cat runs or old content in general, I find that the closer to reset the better. Most of your grinders are on after reset or on the weekend and knock these out right away. Trying to get them all done on a Wed evening will most likely result in failure. Sorry if you can only get on Wed, but just saying..if you can try Thursday after reset, that's your best bet for old content outside of building a group.

Semi-related question. Does anyone know the reason the cats are not cross platform tradeable? Almost everything else tradeable goes PS4-PC, but not the cats/seals. You can't even put them in the league bank (I tried). I've found a way around via a middle man, but getting my PC account toon, which is premium, geared up to 100 has been a struggle as she can't run anything higher than for Mystic Lighning for part of level 60 breakthrough. It would be nice to be able to mail the cats over from my main on PS4 where I have several extras.

Reinheld
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I play on a bunch of alts, and they all need catalysts. (That's my self-caused problem; I guess.)
    But regardless neither of those two instances ran; so I had to stop wasting time.
    I did run open world stuff on that alt; but there is only so much you can do waiting for instances.
    FWIW I was able to run neither.
  14. Hytch Well-Known Player

• Like x 2
  15. TroEL Dedicated Player

New waves of artifacts should have different catalysts in different content
    • Like x 2
  16. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

So much this.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Except that for replays we either spend real world cash (via wallet or card) or get via membership (from the monthly grant or by using loyalty points) neither of which are true for cats farmed in game. If they want to lock the marketplace purchased cats only, I'd get that point...they want to keep the money tied things on the correct side (PSN or Steam/DBG) for accounting purposes. But just like I can mail exos I farm, or an aura which drops in a promethium box, or even a collection/item I get from a TC, I fail to see how catalysts are any different.

Reinehld
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

They might as well just sell them on the marketplace and get rid of them as in game drops.
    It's turning these wonderful Artifacts into a big waste of time.
  19. DC Urban Committed Player

Sounds like every other raid/alert that is not the vault.

I thought this may have been the type of alerts I selected, but I qued nearly the whole damn list.....Eventually logged out and played BDO.

The population in this game is not great.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Form a group in lfg as catalyst farming, good god you people make life so difficult for yourself when you just want everything handed to you instead of showing some initiative and taking control of the situation.

Besides the option is already there if you don't want to deal with it. Open your wallet
    • Like x 5