Book of Oa/Parallax:Ultimate Light Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by dr strangeonline, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Also the light blast animation is thick and ugly ..
  2. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Quick question, best mod types/colors for DPS post-revamp?
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Follow the sockets. Thats might, might/health, might/power. You can obviously put a full might in the precision socket
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Heh. Ok. I only play Celestial in Healer role myself, was asking for a league mate who seems to be allergic to reading the forums.

And it doesn't help that she's color blind :\
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

What about tactical mods?
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The damage ones......lol. i use power efficiency but thats my personal preference.

Ask your friend to go to the vendor in his base and look at them lol.

For the white sockets go to the broker and search for mods
  7. Shago1594 Active Player

planning on making a Lantern alt...any DPS loadout suggestions ?
  8. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

9. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Yeah I need a suggestion too. This newest revamp with the Augments has ruined my HL DPS. It's like Chainsaw which dealt killer damage is not so great anymore...not to mention going into claws and finishing with the bat, those numbers used to crit and high. Not anymore. Anyone got a new LO for HL?
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

What
    What are you currently running for loadout and rotation?

Are you using double armory, or trying to make one that works for both sides?

Myself I use (2) armories (melee & single target) Melee gets SC > clip Insp Chainsaw x5 clip last one with SC then repeat chainsaw till PI wears off. I see others trying to do the 1st WT clip SC but for me I those numbers aren't higher.

Range I forgo the GH pull you'll likely see videos on, instead I use CH > clip Insp HC x3 while clipping last HC with power HC You can do this I think 2x fully before needing to re-apply.

If you are playing content lower I will run SC clip INSP (p) WT (c) WT clip LW spin 3x (c) LW throw > WT rinse until PI needs re-applied
  11. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Are you not using the dazed PI? I'm curious, not criticizing.
  12. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

Sorry, misread that! I see the PI.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shago1594 Active Player

Sooo how is Light DPS doing these days? any good loadouts?
  14. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I've come back to the game and plan to update this guide by the end of the month. I won't have the time that I used to have with the game so there will be less information based off of numbers. I plan to gather the Super Charge generated by each combo and include that in the power section. I'll update the controller, DPS, and PvP sections. Also the Home Turf section. That'll be my stopping point. Please continue to discuss loadouts, observations, and all things Hard Light! I look forward to learning more from all of you out there!
    • Like x 3
  15. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Updated power section through Assault Tree up to Whip Thrash (note for self). Will continue updating periodically. This will take much longer than anticipated.
    • Like x 1
  16. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Completed sweep of power section. Updated powers to reflect more accurately the current state of the game. Updated Clipping section, movement mode section, and started updating Iconic powers section. Removed Game Update section. Next to update will be Controller and DPS sections, followed by PvP section.
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

Still struggling with a decent ST loadout that I like.

I thought about removing LWS or Entrap since I use the Grimorium Verum. But rn I found myself using Tornado Pull c/w Inspiration -> Hand Clap 2x->Grasping Hand c/w Grasping Hand into Pull (since it does more damage than Fan) and then go back to Hand Clap.
    I feel something is missing and I almost get the same parses with Amplified Heat Vision so I don't use it anymore.

I only know two people ingame that were really good with HL but they haven't been HL since like nine or more months. Anyone else has some competitive ideas? I don't plan to run anything regular with my Hard Light and am really only interested in Might Based Elite DPSing.

Well, I will trol as well, but since it's the easiest class in the game and I mained a trol for four straight years, I don't really need anything for that. Sooo anyone got some Feedback on the Grimorium and running w/o PI abilities? Your first 10s will be lower since the Squiggly Thing takes time to apply Dazed but after that you won't have to worry about anything PI anymore...

The ranged AoE is also lacking really. There's basically no real difference in using something interesting or just ram-fan(rinse repeat) all the time.
  18. Yaiba Committed Player

For ST, Hand Clap + Grasping Hand are already enough, sometimes you want to use Ram->Snap Trap as well. For PI, I prefer LWS right now because it gives you SC to spam your Strafing Run (sounds weird right? o_O) but it's doable thanks to Cloak + EoG from healers/tanks.

About the pet, sure it can apply the PI so you can replace LWS with anything but do we have another choice that gives us more damage? Not really, because with the combination of Ram/HC/GH, your ST's damage is super great...So that's why I suggest LWS, give you more option for adds as well, since HL is weak when it comes to ranged aoe, so the only option is spam the 100% SC, and the helps from our groupmates.

The key for HL is timing, for example:
    + You don't want to use Ram->Snap Trap then immediatly using it again because you just wasted the dots from the first Snap Trap (if I remember correctly :p). There is more but I hope it helps.
    • Like x 1
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Personally I started using the following loadout:
    Chainsaw, impact, grasping hand, hand clap, robot sidekick, and neo venom boost (or inspiration).

You can technically split this up into 2 armories to be able to use both inspiration and neo venom in one loadout.

If I do that than my loadouts are:
    1) inspiration, impact, grasping hand, hand clap, robot sidekick, neo venom boost
    2) chainsaw, impact, inspiration, fan, robot sidekick, neo venom boost.

I started doing this since the grim artifact came out.

I’ve tried different loadouts at range but found the impact rotation to be the best.

Impact comboed into lightblast comboed into minigun comboed into ram. Than clip ram with impact and start over.

I have it on both melee and add loadouts for versatility. On adds I’ll mainly use chainsaw, however when adds get spread out I will switch over to impact since it can hit more targets at wider ranges than chainsaw. Using the 2 armory set up I will clip fan and inspiration for the extra bit for crit chance.

On my boss armory I have it for fights where bosses summon adds.
  20. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Maybe try boxing gloves if you don't mind moving to melee range. Then you'll have a tray power that leads to HC besides HC.

I haven't tried not using any PI abilities. I like the SC gain for LWS too much. Light is in a tough spot for range since it does its best damage clipping combo's but many of the range attacks are single target or channeled. I have used Ram, Fan, Light Blast, and Mini Guns to very similar parses. If we can play mid range having access to clipped WT is nice. Melee is really where its at for Light.

Your probably already doing this but just in case its ideal to have at least two armories for Light. One that can be Melee for adds and mini bosses. The other for single target bosses. For Melee the best parses I've had have been SC>RM>WT/WT>WT/CS>CS/RM and SC>RM>WT>LW>LWthrow>CS>CS. If your playing Melee and have a good controller you could mix in the robot sidekick and that'll add some damage but its absolutely terrible from range. Its worth noting these were the rotations that worked the most reliably for me. There may be other rotations that parse better but may be more easily interrupted.

Hope that helps some.