I wish I could access the broker from my phone. That would be awesome!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Jan 28, 2018.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Just a crazy idea! What do you think?
  2. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Yeah crazy idea, it'd probably open up half a dozen new exploits too. Don't expect miracle like updates from this game, the engine is obsolete.
  3. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

haha post of the year! :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Dene Devoted Player

i would love this.. but i'm terrified of the can of worms it'd open up
    • Like x 1
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I think the only game I've played with a seamless phone interaction was Fallout 4's pip-boy for your phone.
  7. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Isn't there a smart phone app where you can remote play? I haven't tried it but someone told me they did but it was a difficult experience.
  8. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

9. Comixfan Committed Player

Been asking for this since launch.

Not heard a peep from SOE/Daybreak about any plans for anything of the sort.
  10. Soniee New Player

The Unreal 3 Engine is old, but far from obsolete. It still has a lot of untapped potential. Sure, an upgrade to UE4 would be nice, but just look at what UE3 can achieve in other MMO's (scroll down to second post): https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/ps3-rip-ps4-optimization.294240/

Impressive, to say the least. I expect too see the same kind of progress for DCUO in terms of quality, features and graphical fidelity.

Edit: Adding an example of how an old game can look and feel great after many years.

[IMG]

^ And that's just an OLD Everquest 2 (a game released in 2004). Many other games, including World of Warcraft, Everquest 1 & 2, Tera, Aion etc. have upped, tweaked, optimized their game in order to achieve incredible results. So yes, I think DC can still deliver on a lot of things and I don't think the UE3 engine is being pushed to its maximum power atm.

Cheers,
    Soniee