GU79: Scorecard Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Carp, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Can always check the combat log. You're basically asking to make everyone's combat log visible to the whole group
  2. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Precisely, it removes a barrier of communication and let's you help someone much more easily which can lead to better understanding of the raid or if someone isnt performing up to par and can give them advice on how to improve so the group doesn't stay stuck in ignorance and decide to disband.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I get what you're saying but, you can just ask people to check their log
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We've gone a bit off track here, folks. This thread should be about testing the new scorecard improvements and discussing them directly. Thanks.
    • Like x 4
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

good change! you could have saved your selves some money and just removed the dumb thing but at least its getting an overhaul it very much needed Props
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Scorecard 2.0 is a welcome change and it is a great start.

The Boss Damage Done is awesome but for folks to get a better understanding of it, this column will show all the damage done to the bosses in Total. In order to see damage done to each individual Boss, youll need to make a note on the damage on each Boss Fight and subtract to get the right totals.

Suggestion:
    For 2.1 allowing to see the damage on individual boss fights. It might be better to have that info in the Summary Tab to save space in the Leaderboard columns.

Some suggestions from last night's stream from viewers included:

Tanks - Damage Absorbed, Damage healed, Something that says "you're OP" (that was HIGHLY requested from someone who shall rename nameless)

Pets - Damage Done, Healing Done, Power Taken etc.

**Please note this is more for the Game UI but could make a place inthe Scorecard**

Damage Per Second Meter
    Using a screenshot from one of WoW's most popular DPS meters Recount, I would like to see something similar in the Summary Tab or possibly a new Tab.
    [IMG]

First column is the Damage being done of course in Real time. In the parentheses, the first number is the DPS (damage per second) and the next number is the % of damage being contributed by the group onto the boss.

For Boss fights (again, might need separate Tabs) it could be possible to have the DPS with time stamps or have a graph (I know, Im asking for too much lol) Time Stamps might be easier in like 30 Sec intervals on what your DPS is at that time or in 1 minute intervals.

The New Scorecard is a great start again and of course improvements as you can get to them but what we have now should work greatly compared to what we have now. Excellent work.
    • Like x 2
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

I have a question regarding the boss damage column. In boss fights where adds are also present will all damage done during that fight go into the boss column or is the system sophisticated enough to still separate the add damage during the encounter.
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

To add on to that, the first "boss" in Injustice system is just adds. So does the damage in that fight go in the boss damage column?
    • Like x 1
  9. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

What your describing can be seen in the combat log. The point that I’m trying to make is that we don’t need all to clutter the new sb with things that can be found elsewhere.
  10. Carp Developer

It's possible, but the more specific the data gets, the more complicated it is. And there's also the concern that the more parameters you're keeping track of, the bigger of an impact this system has on the server. If there is another stat that folks feel is important enough to track, we can evaluate it and see what can be done.
    That would be interesting information, but probably falls outside the scope of what the Scorecard is meant to do.
    That is not a bad idea, I'll see if that's something can work in. If not right now, maybe in the near future.
    What you're seeing is a slightly dimmer highlight that is meant to indicate that is the column by which the chart is currently being sorted.
    That's a lot of good stuff. Again, we would really have to think about what new stats we consider adding, but Damage Absorbed is a highly requested one. And I'm not sure what metrics we would use to label someone as being "OP".

The other DPS notes probably falls out of purview of this iteration of the Scorecard, but might be more relevant if we ever added like Raid Data element on the HUD or something. Good ideas though!
    Great question. The Boss Damage Out stat only tracks damage done to Boss Type NPCs. It will NOT track damage done to trash mob adds, even if they are a part of the boss encounter. Conversely, if any content uses Boss Type NPCs outside of a boss encounter, that damage WILL be tracked as Boss Damage.

I understand that this is not the most ideal way to collect this data, but it's what we were able to do with the tools we had without rewriting a huge chunk of the system.
    • Like x 6
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I like it a lot.

I also want to add my suggestion about stats to track in the future: # of successful counters and # of times countered.
    This is a key combat mechanic that many players aren't even aware of. Tracking it on the scoreboard for everyone to see would not only promote this mechanic but also show how well someone is utilizing it.
    • Like x 2
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

just glad rallying people is finally counted.
    • Like x 2
  13. HarryHell Well-Known Player

how about a Mission contributor stat? If there is a mechanic (something to activate) to be able to get past the room/fight in the battle, it could should give points if possible
    Also default scoreboard ranking should be based on contribution to raid, the more dmg in, healing out, power out, damage out, revives, etc, goes in same pool and and converted to an average, the higher your average, the further towards top of the board you get.
    Maybe it's already that, i wouldnt know because my laptop is to weak for testing atm.
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

Nice scoreboard revamp, want to add aswell that if possible the reviving attempts, the times one gets countered aswell as succesfully counters should make it on the scoreboard.
  15. Darth Loyal Player

I like the additions, particularly the boss damage done and rallies. I've wanted rallies to show up for about 5 years now. The revamp on the summary and score tabs looks great as well. Good job to all those involved.
  16. Magician Dedicated Player

Just a couple of suggestions:

Can we make the Score Card not accessible until the END of the instance? By doing so, this will prevent a lot of player griefing I can foresee coming with the Elitist players

Secondly...can we get feats attached to the new scorecard with getting best/worse?

We can always use more feats
  17. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Looks good Ty for a revamp of the scorecard. Would love to see damage absorbed added as stated earlier. Good job guys
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

I swear some of yall are so ungrateful. I like what’s going on with the scorecard....see how this one does before you start asking for more things to be added. I couldn’t care any less what it shows, i love the new look of it. Easier to read...
  19. Kyza Level 30

Not sure if this was previously mentioned but i believe a great addition to the scorecoard would be a column for "blocked damage" . Simply how much you negate through pressing r1. When people see 0 a few times at the end of an instance, they may ask why, they may learn to press it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Tbh I feel like adding feats would be a bad idea, I think that would drive people from doing the instance they queued into, to focusing trying to get certain scoreboard feats.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.