GU79: Scorecard Improvements

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Carp, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp Developer

Hello everyone,

With Game Update 79, we want to introduce some improvements to the Scorecard UI that is accessible in Arenas, Alerts, Raids and so forth. Here are some of the new features that you expect to see in the new version:
    • New Summary Tab
      • Shows all of your personal stats
      • Shows trophy cards for leaders in several categories
    • Improved Leaderboard Tab
      • All data is now displayed on one page
      • Each column is sortable ascending/descending
    • Improved Info Tab
      • Text fields are now scrollable (information was previously getting cut off)
    • Two new tracked stats
      • Boss damage done (damage dealt to boss type NPCs; normal damage done still includes boss damage)
      • Teammates rallied
    Thanks for taking a look at this new feature, and as always we appreciate your comments and feedback!
    Here are some sample screenshots of the new interface:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 26
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Looks great ! I can’t wait to get this on Live !
    • Like x 2
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Fancy!
    • Like x 1
  4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

There should be a 'most times punched in the face' category for Tanks. ;)
    • Like x 3
  6. not_again Dedicated Player

How did Charon do more boss damage then total damage? Is this just an edited picture or is this from the internal test server? If it’s from the internal server that must be a bug.

I really like the new look and new information! Well done!
    • Like x 2
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'm so thrilled about this!
    Great Job!
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Very nice. Looking foward to this. Well done DCUO. Well done.
  9. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

You should release a tutorial teaching dps what a rally is. Also anyone surprised NerdofPrey got carried? I kid! I kid! In seriousness....this really improves the game. Looks great and I like the updated stats. Thanks team.
    • Like x 2
  10. TestReporter Loyal Player

11. L T Devoted Player

Inventory auto-sort works well, but it puts an attuned utility belt up at the top with unopened loot boxes, instead of down with all the other gear.

Very much looking forward to this on live though.
    • Like x 1
  12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

This looks interesting. I went on test for a bit and saw the name of the column shows up when you either mouse over or use the d-pad on the controller to select a column. I was going have a question about what each column was, if I didn't see something in game.

The only questions I have left on the score card revolve around the trophy cards. I saw that they changed during the instance I ran. How does the game decide which ones to show and when?
  13. CTEN Well-Known Player

It is a Small miracle that after 6 years you added mono spaced font to the scorecard.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Does it still organize names in accordance to who does most damage? If it does then you missed a huge part of why the scoreboard is considered toxic.

Edit: nevermind, I see it's in alphabetical order. Well done!
    • Like x 4
  15. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Actually, it goes further than that. I’m guessing you got just as distracted from the list of changes by the pictures as I did, but he said you can now sort it by column ascending *or* descending. (Glad it’s initially alphabetical order, though, maybe at least some of the scoreboard chasers will ease up on the ‘DPS is god’ mindset) :)
  16. Harlequin Devoted Player

Kudos on the Boss Damage stat. Perhaps now people will finally be able to figure out who pads their numbers with pointless trash damage but fall short where it counts.
    • Like x 2
  17. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Seems like the trophy cards for leaders would only encourage scoreboard chasers, would give toxic players more encouragement to say 'I'm top damage & you all suck!', etc.
    • Like x 1
  18. Carp Developer

Thanks for the note LT. That's a different feature from the Scorecard, but an interesting observation. I imagine that it's sorting correctly, but has to do with the way that unattuned gear is classified. I'll take a look just to be sure.
    Correct, when you mouse-over or select a column, it will give you a popup tip with the column name.
    It's not terribly smart at the moment, and it's something that I might like to improve on in the future, but right now it just has a list of preferred trophies that it wants to display, and it will go down them in order, for example, boss damage, healing out, power out, rallies, damage in, fewest deaths, etc. If there is no stat yet (e.g. there has not been any damage done to a boss yet) or if there is a tie, then it will skip that trophy card and move on to the next one.
    Sorry, you'll have to keep waiting. We're still using a proportional width font. But we are justifying the text, and for especially large numbers we will shrink the text to fit in the text field. I might play with the formatting a little more in the future depending on how it looks.
    This was kind of a tricky line to toe, across the board. On one hand we don't want the scoreboard to feel like a toxic experience, but on the other hand, we recognize that some players like to have access to all the data. In this case we tried to compromise by allowing the leaderboard to be sortable, but to start out with a default alphabetical sort order with the local player always on top.
    I can see your point, but I don't know that I necessarily completely agree with it. I think seeing players ranked amongst each other contributes more to that issue than just seeing the leaders of each category. That said, I'll certainly keep my ears open to see what the general feeling is about the trophy cards.
    Seventy-three of those times were one person. They were... really bad.
    Well you see, the explanation is quite... POCKET SAND!

[IMG]

Seriously though, the example images you see above are not even from a real client, it's just a UI testing environment and those numbers are completely random.
    • Like x 18
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

LOL ^^ you just made my day ^^
    • Like x 2
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

this is what we get when we dump ps3. bravo!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.