DCUO Mass Ban - Time capsule exploiters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SappyZ, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I respect your response. From where I stand. The exploiters gave me answer which I'm grateful for. Now what they did is greedy which I did note.

And since exploiters is considered cheating and are being banned then speed hacker need to be banned as well.
    Daybreak banned ppl who hurt their pockets and not the ppl who hack the game just cause.

Exploiters did me a favor (personally) Now I know I can give my TC to ppl with out regret, do to finding out about the ratio with these TC.

I barley play the event for stabilizers. And I don't buy stabilizers. For ppl who love them I will simply give it to them for free. I want no part of TC.

The ratio of TC gives me more self reflect on what I should do when it come to supporting this game. This is why I'm grateful.

I'm not a player who complain about TC then run off and buy them. So not im here to argue. But when I post my opinion with out talking about anybody ppl tend to attack me no matter what. And ty for your classy response
  2. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The only things that come from two wrongs - wait for it - are: two wrongs, and increase in moral decay, if not outright moral bankruptcy.

The only way to make a right - wait for it - is by doing what’s right. Period.

Believing anything else can only come from a lack of honor, integrity, and moral fiber.
    • Like x 3
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

Withdraw from school and never go back. The mind that would make these ridiculous leaps is far more suited to serving burgers or riding the back of a trash truck than serious intellectual pursuits.
    • Like x 4
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Mathematics and physics have no connection to morality or ethics. You’re comparing apples and potatoes here.
    • Like x 6
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

You’d be surprised at how many burger flippers and garbagemen in the US actually have college degrees. Try ‘used car salesman’.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Jesus Christ people let this die. It happened, people were banned, leave it at that. However it impacts the game, we will see. This thread is so deep in the hole I can garuantee a couple people will walk out of here with at least a warning and/or ban tomorrow.
    • Like x 5
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You really need to step back and do a reality check because this is not some social justice thing or anything close. After looking at some numbers of players and the possible number of TC's they exploited.

400-500 players exploiting roughly 1000-1200 TC's each @ $1.00 = roughly $500,000.00

This does not include the Replay badge exploit either.

$500,000.00 is not chump change. That is a half of a million USD. How many Devs salaries does that cover?

All I can say stealing over $1,000.00 is a felony and being that it was over the internet. This could very well bring federal charges for many of the people if DCUO pushes the issue. Good luck.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dene Devoted Player

The exploiters found out some info.. after they cheated.. scammed.. and were greedy.. the info they found out was not some huge revelation

I think you understand/agree that - regardless of the "info" they found out they cheated and were greedy

Imagine if they they try this outside to, say, a company like McDonalds -

Let's say McDonalds have a coupon promotion - now imagine they somehow cheated that promotion and took earnings/product from them, fraudulently, BUT found out some "interesting" things about McDonalds... they would still be arrested for theft & fraud - the legal system would not suddenly say "oh you did this for us" or "oh that info proves ABC about McDonalds - you are innocent"
    • Like x 1
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

And not just theft charges either. Computer Fraud And Abuse Act also applies here.
    • Like x 1
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Nope I usually get 2 out of 3 rare collections out of the TCs and I usually have to buy the 3rd one. Anything else I need is usually either the super rare or an emblem or two. Im sure my success will continue as it always has so in that regard I respectfully disagree. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Dene Devoted Player

I gotta say - I do not spend huge amounts of money on TCs and this is how it goes for me, as well :) the Dark Blues do not seem *that* rare - I usually have to buy a few things but these are countered by selling spares
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yeah I gotta say I dont really depend on the broker much to buy things but rather sell things.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dene Devoted Player

OMG - one of my fav memes applies to both of these LOL[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I stand where I stand. Point blank period. You and no one else will change my mind.
    • Like x 1
  15. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Heh. There are a number of laws that are all connected/related, I can never remember which is which, and that’s the one that most people have heard of. Besides that, which of those laws actually applies depends on which side of the connection the exploit works on (server or client), or even if it actually works through the network connection itself via lag or something like that.

As for how people found this site, that obvious. Go to the DCUO site, look for the link to the forums. No google needed for most people here (at least, most of the PC players) for the simple fact that they already play the game and thus know how to get to the game’s website.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dene Devoted Player

Fair call - ditto.. agree to disagree etc etc :)
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Have you been grocery shopping lately? I ask because a local grocery store goes through this all the time. The advertisement will read...

Card members can spend 29¢ for 12 pack of eggs. Limit one per customer. Regular sale price 59¢.

A customer will then get in line with FIVE cartons. I scan them and the first is 29¢. The rest the computer automatically rings up as the regular price.

"The price tag on the shelf says 29¢"
    "The sale is one per customer."
    "Then run them through as individual sales."
    "It's one per customer."
    "Then I'll buy one, leave, and come back in."
    "No, it's one per customer."
    "Then I'll come back tomorrow."
    "And then we'll happily sell you ONE."

Because of the above...

- Other customers lost their valuable time waiting in line for no reason.
    - The extra clerk called to open another register lost valuable productivity when they were pulled from their other task.
    - The manager lost valuable time being called to the register to reiterate what the clerk already told the customer.

But to some on this forum, that's okay.

Because it's more important to have 13 pages of posts.

Rather than walk away, come back tomorrow, and run the stabilizer event ONE time. Just like everyone else.
    • Like x 1
  18. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

"I didn't do anything", "its their fault", wow.

I mean referring to yourself and the others as "geniuses" in your example was bad enough already, but just wow. Lets clear a few things up from this and post #255 before this gets locked up finally.

1) People in general understand that different rules can be broken in different ways, thats why the justice system has evolved over the centuries. Theres not just Murder, theres Manslaughter, Murder in the 1st degree, attempted Murder etc etc. Because theres accidents, and then theres intent. Nobody slipped, cracked their head on the ground and suddenly woke up with "extra stuff" on their DCUO accounts. Theres not 1 "genius" who's stupid enough to try and argue that what they did wasnt intentional. And as long as it was intentional, you broke a rule.

2) As for post 255, its against the Forum TOS for anyone to explain how a glitch or exploit, past or present, worked/works. This would be why you "havent seen 1 person say something right about the glitch".

3) Lastly about 255, your example is.... its just terrible. I mean really really awful. By your twisted logic, if I got a new IPhone as a present, to which I spent €0 on, it'd be fine to try rob it off me. Are you going to go rob a bank now because they're insured? Maybe steal supplies from a Government run Hospital because they can be restocked at no cost?

This is very simple, something any genius should know. You's are not Robin Hood. You's didnt steal from the rich and give to the poor. It was done for entirely selfish reasons. You's took advantage of an exploit and got caught. Its Morality vs Amoral excuses.

The argument still stands though that, if its so easy for those who got caught to post complaints about being caught doing something they shouldn't have, why did nobody, not 1 of them, post a thread here asking about it and if it was intended or ok to use?

We know the answers "because it wasnt ok to use and we wanted to use it as much as possible before it got shut down". We know. And they know too.

As long as it was intentional, you broke a rule. And a pretty big one. End of.
    • Like x 5
  19. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

FreeJohnson101, i've never seen so many Gothamites so desperate to make someone care about their opinions. So many salty ego's. You ran this show
    [IMG]
    Nice trolling. Now i'm sure i'm gonna get flamed too for daring to think someone is funny!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  20. Ringz Dedicated Player

14 pages of absolutely nothing.

Dcuo should feel lucky to have this community. :rolleyes:

May DCUO be an example and stay the same till its grave. This game is never going to change for the better.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.