DCUO Mass Ban - Time capsule exploiters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SappyZ, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry about that.....I'm just blown away by the whole situation and everything involved.
  2. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Uh, no, finding a cheating way to avoid paying something that otherwise requires payment is theft. Dude, where do you come up with this stuff?

This really is getting embarrassing for you. Or should be, anyway.
    • Like x 2
  3. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Sorry this is a cop to the TC problem. Again this is a prime example of this community. Not arguing about what the exploiters did is illegal or not.

We're making too much excuses for day break. I'm just looking at some communities that are against Daybreak like behavior vs this community where we make excuses like this is a business.

Other community has influence and fighting for change and this community is waiting for change
    • Like x 1
  4. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

This entire thread has gone so far off the deep end its drowning.
    • Like x 1
  5. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Are destiny, battlefront, Ufc exploiters are cheaters? You can say yes, but player look at it from a different perspectictive on how the game took advantage of players.

I get You have blind love for DCUO I get iy
  6. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Nobody is making excuses for daybreak. "This is a business" is not an excuse, it's the reality. If you don't like their business model, don't partake in it. Acting like this exploit came about because of how unfair things are according to YOU is patently absurd. These people would have cheated no matter what.

Please stop trying to take this thread and turn it into another one of your lame "membership should end" threads. No, membership shouldn't end. It's a bad business call that will only result in DBG having to look for even more avenues to make money, or as you put it "daybreak like behavior." so congratulations, you're wrong twice in only two consecutive posts.
    • Like x 2
  7. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

Day break has been scamming us for months with these time capsules. So the exploiters gave them a taste of their own medicine. And they didnt like it. If anything I hope they learned a lesson from this.

If the drop rates on the rare items were better than 3 out of every 1,000 time capsules, then this would have been less likely to happen.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

If they exploited, then they're cheaters. All your talk about who percieves what is just BS attempts to justify cheating.

There's no justification for cheating Galaxy. None.

No matter what sorry excuse you tell youself to feel better about doing it.

It's cheating. cheating is wrong. Period.

It's honestly kind of sad that this is what you're left with for justification.

And to be clear, if those other gaming communities feel as you say they do, then they're wrong, and they're just aiding and abetting the cheaters.

So to be clear, there is NO scenario where cheating is acceptable, and in this instance for DCUO actually qualifies as theft.

You guys look increasingly foolish trying to push this crap.
    • Like x 6
  9. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I feel pretty confident it can easily be proven that they couldn't possibly have earned enough stabilizers to do what they did. which means we're back to theft again.

You really at this point are only displaying you don't know what you're talking about.

Also, you just posted information involving how an exploit works, even if you didn't explain the whole thing.

Enjoy your forum ban come monday. It'll match the one I can only assume you've gotten for cheating in game.
    • Like x 2
  10. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

You know this isn't their only game nor their first gaming venture to be involved in right?
    • Like x 1
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Forgot to put the "%" sign in before and later edited it lol
  12. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

And I think you look foolish for siding with gamer abuse. Again I get it. Your blinded by love
    • Like x 1
  13. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Except, unlike you apparently, I can have my problems with the way a business does business, and not come to the conclusion that that somehow validates me cheating.

If you'd like to know the proper response to not liking how a company does business, it's this: Stop doing business with them.

It's really simple actually. I've done it plenty of times over the course of my life. And amazingly (this part will blow your mind Galaxy) I can even apply this complicated solution to things outside of video game purchases!

If you don't like how a company does business, that doesn't give you the right to exploit it, or cheat it, or, in this case, outright steal money from it.

Thanks for clearing up to everybody what your ethical code is though:

"Its okay to steal from a company if you feel their business practices are wrong."

I say this to you, and every other person in this, and the other thread trying to justify stealing, cheating, exploiting, whatever you want to call it very sincerely:

Grow the **** up. You are acting like children.
    • Like x 9
  14. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You honestly don't merit actual responses at this point. If I'm being honest, really several posts of yours ago. I've just been kind of enjoying watching you twist in the wind trying to stay relevant in this conversation.

Have a great night!
    • Like x 2
  15. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Hmmm cursing at me like a child and yet saying grow up. How funny and ironic that is. My ethic code is more pure than yours. At least I'm for gamer equality vs you who make excuses saying it a business. TY
  16. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

In fact, many studies find those who use colorful language have a better grasp on the language, and the concepts it is trying to explain.

Your pedantic attempt to turn attention away from the majority of my post over four asterisks on the other hand is a textbook example of trying to deflect away from the argument that you're losing.

Also Your code involves justifying cheating and stealing from business. You literally just admitted as much. So, no, it REALLY isn't. By definition.

Thanks for playing, try again soon Galaxy!
    • Like x 3
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

1. Need video proof to make the assumption about drop rates.
    2. Drop rates are in a constant state of flux, and may get worse because of money lost directly from these exploits that were happening.
    3. Your statement that "this would have been less likely to happen is totally false." People were using the same glitch for replay badges. Are the drop rates for replay badges too expensive? Lol. Cheaters will always cheat. Thieves will always steal. They do it because they want to, not because some external factor influences them.

Not convinced? Here's proof that even wealthy people (who obviously don't need to), like to steal.
    • Like x 2
  18. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Soon as you said this is a business. I already knew you making excuses for their abusiveness.
  19. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Yeah, but look at what covers that 65 to 75% pertains to. And what percentage of that is applied to rare items?. If you are including rare items in that percentage up to the remaining percentage, and doing it with every release within just a few hours, that means you were purchasing the dupes that more than likely than not got put there from the exploits to begin with.

After seeing the percentage of RNG the devs use to maintain their monetary gain..its likely that the exploits assisted those who were able to accomplish such a task. Now that the exploiters have been diminished and the community knows it is being closely monitored..I doubt your success rate continues.
  20. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

There IS no abuse. Nobody makes you buy anything. They can't force you to spend money. You do so of your own free will.

Which brings us back to you acting like a child. Children don't take personal responsibility for their choices, and they whine about the consequences afterwards.

Galaxy, it's simple. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want the shiny, but you don't like the system for getting the shiny, you can choose to participate or not. If you don't participate, you live with your decision not to get the shiny.

You don't use your desire to have the shiny and your perception that its unfair that you choose not to participate in the system that gives you the shiny, as an excuse to then exploit the system, or steal from the business who operates the system, or defend those who do.

Which is what you're doing.

You have no ethics on this subject.

You just want what you want and don't want to live with the consequences of not participating in what you deem an abusive system.

So again I tell you:

GROW

UP.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.