DCUO Mass Ban - Time capsule exploiters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SappyZ, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Playing the waiting game doesn't give you a big exchange in profits during the heat of the moment. if you're exploiting a glitch, you want as much profit gain as you can before it's either patched, or before you get banned. You don't have time to play the waiting game, so you have no choice but to empty your pockets and try to get as much out of it as you can, which i think is the real reason prices got so low. It's like counterfeiting money and trying spend as much of it as you can before you get caught.

If the exploiters were giving to friends, then cool. That's still not helping the whole community but more so helping the people that helped you over the years, or paying off debt. Either way it's masking dark intentions with a good deed and expecting everyone to agree with it.
    • Like x 1
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Hey.. what gets overlooked in this discussion is: Who are the ones who feel the most hurt by these exploiters?

The honest players who BOUGHT stabilizers to open the capsules the normal way while the cheaters just opened them in masses for free.
    There is no Robin-Hood mentality in that. The cheaters cheated on all honest players and the cheaters are certainly no victims - they are the ones who hurt others.
    • Like x 7
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

Time Capsules are a disaster and should simply END.
    • Like x 2
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

And 95% of the people didn't buy stuff at those prices because you could complete the TC on your own. At that time stabilizers weren't sold. So you had to rely on the regular ones or broker prices. I got everything out of the original TC with a few weeks to spare before the new one came out. That's the way it should have continued.

My solution.... Lobo's Loser List - A Developers Only Locked Forum.

-----

Each week, if applicable, the Devs post... "3 people banned"

That's it. No details, just the number.

-----

At the end of each month...

"13 people banned - 4 for glitching.... 3 for inconsiderate behavior - 6 for speed glitches"

-----

A Year-To-Date running total graph is then placed on the first post of the page.

I think this wold put things into perspective. And be proof that something concrete is being done. And persuade some to not even try doing this crap.
  5. Cyro Committed Player

Cash capsules exploiters? More like heroes they confirmed what we all thought - that cash caps suck. They may have exploited the game i wont deny that however - the devs exploited us first with the abhorrent drop rates. As far as im concerned - they did nothing wrong, they may have gotten banned from the game but their sacrifice will live on in our hearts and minds.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Your posts are a joke. As yoda would say;

Reaching you are, in denial you be.
    • Like x 4
  7. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Agreed..the Devs knew the issues with the broker and how exploitable it is...as well as the value there would be on TCs..when there is a player base capable of exploits..attaching any sort of community monetary value to it leaves too much temptation for members to find exploits and shortcut the system

...still they pushed forward with it...

attaching feats just makes it that much more tempting...Especially when DC cash can be easily turned into real life cash.

Adjust the RNG, dump the feat progession, or make the items account bound..the percentage of exploits drop.

Sure it is wrong for the players involved to participate..but, its easy to put that blame on the devs to remove the carrot...especially after they were warned and knew the issues going in.

I guess that short monetary gain was just to tempting to pass up..

Now its catching up with them..hope the money gained is worth now the extra effort and hours to make adjustments to ensure it doesnt happen again.
  8. Ringz Dedicated Player

Im down for a viva la revolucion.
  9. Ringz Dedicated Player

Awwwwwwh Spit!!! :eek:
  10. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Just glad that they are finally moderating the game again it seems..or is this a false positive?..we shall see..still along way to go before I step my toon out of the loading screen.
  11. Cyro Committed Player

When it comes to losing money they will moderate the game, anything else....
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

People are capable of being perfectly intelligent at times on certain issues and equally capable of becoming intellectually bankrupt on the next.

This my friend is your moment of bankruptcy.

These people deserved to be banned and good riddance you can defend them if you like but it wont change the truth.

They broke the rules and cared about nothing other than lining their own greedy pockets.
    • Like x 6
  13. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

I know..but one could hope.
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

*buys up all the guillotine base items and reposts them for $5 million each.*
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Lol I get everything first day within 4-5 hours and I dont resort to glitching lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

I am certain you arent the only one...just as much as I am sure there were more exploiting than those as fortunate as you.
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

players exploit in all games. It is what it is.. Do the right thing or be risky and live with the consequences if you get busted
    • Like x 2
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

That feeling when your one of the last legit whales lol XD
    • Like x 3
  19. Proxystar #Perception

The full truth of the situation, you mean the fact that you've made this forum account because you're probably one of the people that got banned and you've come here to rage out at the devs and portray yourself as a fallen hero to the community.

Anyone that got banned as a result of exploiting stabilizers and from what I've heard infinite replay badges got what they deserved.

Everyone that plays this game agrees to an end user licence agreement and when you choose to cheat for nothing other than personal gain that's on you and no one else.

Don't sit there and pretend they were doing it for the community they weren't; they were doing it for themselves.

And don't worry though the only thing that's a pity here is the fact they weren't banned sooner.

And I mean seriously what goes through your brain when you start glitching this sort of stuff and thinking you won't eventually get caught.

Do you just immediately try to rationalise it and justify it in your brain straight away? I'm sure pyschopaths do the same...
    • Like x 6
  20. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

*shrugs* Different strokes for different folks..

Good on you for chasing bad money with the good.

Notwithstanding..and out of morbid curiosity..how often did you use the money transfer sites?

Unless you are an RNG god through replays...or already sitting on 100s of millions of DC cash(assuming someone is already posting dupes on rare items)...its the only other way to get the items within a few hours of release without exploiting.

And technically the cash sites are a form of exploiting.

Assuming you do rely on the broker through your 100s of millions or using the game cash site exploit...lets see how fast those extras are posted in broker post this recent ban that just happened.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.