DCUO Mass Ban - Time capsule exploiters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SappyZ, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I didn’t even realize what these people were doing until the ban hit and birds started talking, but it may explain some things.

I seem to remember a comment from that livestream long ago - the more caps opened, the worse the rare drop rate is. The less caps opened, the better the rare drop rate. Whether you agree with that or not, do you realize how many caps these glitchers were opening? Under the system, they were absolutely trashing drop rates for everyone playing the game.

This isn’t just about broker prices.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

Yeah how big of them. Just like Robin Hood... Gtfoh all this they were helping the community stuff is garbage. They were only worried about serving themselves.
    • Like x 4
  3. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    Please...stop talking about this. It's already been a non-stop topic in-game for the last 3+ days.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

I can count the months since the rare materials like Phoenix and Void for example, was regularly put for 50-75. The past few months, 75+ has been the cheapest standard price in general, with pricing mostly leaning towards 80+ on the rarest mats. The only material cheaper than 75+ in general was the TT Mat and recently the Chrome mat. These exploiters didn't try to make pricing better for everyone else, they tried their hardest to make max profit off every aura and material, with the side effects being that all the greedy exploiters occationally undercut eachother trying to sell their stacked mats they had glitched.

Your logic doesn't make sense. All I hear from your rants is that you can't take advantage of the occational crumbs falling down every once in a while from people exploiting every new Time Capsule. If you really want to talk impact, think about all the people that didn't take part of the exploits, that didn't have billions or even millions to play around with every Time Capsule. Think about the amount of people leaving the game because of the impact these exploiters had on the economy.

With your exploiter-buddies gone, atleast now the devs will have a real reason to reconsider things. Time will tell. Atleast we are all better off now. The greedy exploiter pricing funded by billions through glitching will wear off in time and there will atleast be a more even playing field among the ones left. The majority of the playerbase isn't running around with 500+ mil, that might be something you would want to take in.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

So do any of you remember before the whole Time Capsule thing started? I remember when an OG aura cost 40 to 60 mil and if it was really desirable maybe 80 to 100mil. All these TC's have done from the very begining is inflate the market prices and promote the whale lifestyle. Now we find out the real reason some of them were able to have the Full gear sets and collections within hours of the first frigging day they were released !!!!!!!!!!!. So no feeling sorry for them they knew the risks, especially since they hit the pockets of the company. None of these exploits helped me get the ultra rare items I need and besides the drop rates are not going to change now more than ever because people will have to go back and buy the keys now instead of just buying them items outright. You cheat the system and get caught shame on you and you got what you deserved, but don't expect sympathy from the rest of us that play and pay within the rules.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

No, cheating is cheating, and its wrong. They were cheating. It's wrong. Period. You cant write a wall of text, but you're just wrong, and not subjectively.

that people who didn't cheat might benefit from those who did cheat doesn't make it not wrong. Otherwise there would be no penalty for cheating in sports and games.

Having read this though, it now makes sense that you were in anoter thread about this saying that cheaters on XBOX server shouldn't be punished because it will be bad for the population...

Any other scenario in which you'd like to come out FOR cheating?
    • Like x 4
  7. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You're not a whale if you're using an exploit to not have to spend money. You're a cheater.
    • Like x 5
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

150-200 mil? The first week or so of Amazon Time Cap being out you could catch it for around 90 mil. Less if you got lucky. The first Time Cap we ever got didnt have any item costing more than 20 mil a piece. Exploiters carried on the crazy pricing as much as they possibly could, you can deny it all you want to defend your buddies that got caught but that's the truth to it.

So by your logic, prices dipping by 20-30 mil justifies the exploits being done and the toll it took on both the economy and the playerbase in general. Thanks for proving my point. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  9. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

I don't know the details of the issues that got them all banned and I don't want to know. But since it has been said that drop rates for the TC's were tied to sales. Did this glitch actually count as sales of stabilizer keys? If not then they were actually affecting everyone who played within the rules and the real world money they spent buying them as well.
    • Like x 2
  10. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

No, a whale is a person who spend a disproportionate amount of money on a game compared to the average amount a player spends on a game.

A cheater is someone who uses an exploit to cheat, and effectively steal money from a business, no matter how much money THEY themselves spend to do it.

So no whales were punished. Only cheaters. You know, the ones you're defending.
    • Like x 3
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To play devils advocate, there were quite a few whales that were banned, just cause they cheated doesn't mean they didn't spend mass amounts of money on the game in the past. Going into trade and talking to some friends hearing some of the names, they were definitely big spenders and probably a big reason why time capsules are out of control as much as they are.
  12. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

To also play devil's advocate (& that's why I'm quoting you, not for what I'm about to say), I highly doubt it was ever explicitly said that the better the sales, the better the drop rate which seems to be intimated above. Cheating of any kind is highly undesirable but for people to argue that cheating is adversely affecting the drop rates is just wrong. To suggest that the more you spend improves the percentage chance of a rare drop from each individual TC you open is (hopefully) wrong & frankly dangerous
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

You just keep proving my point and you fail to realize it as you keep digging into pricing that I've already even mentioned myself. When all is said and done, you are here defending exploiters claiming we are better off with them than without them, when all they ever did was manipulating the prices, the amount of items and highly impacted the course and droprates of the Time Capsulses themselves. No matter how hard you try to prove otherwise, the game will be better off without the exploiters.
    • Like x 3
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The more that gets spent, the less of a chance the devs will increase the drop rates, that's really the only correlation that spending money has on percentages. Drop rates are drop rates. Doesn't matter if you open 10 or 100 capsules, the chances of getting something remain the same each capsule you open. You're just more likely to see the item you want with 100 capsules then you are with 10, being a much large sample size.

That said, the exploit had no effect on the drop rates either, they are what they are. All it did was flood the broker with items lowering the price across the board which will screw people over in the long run who relies on broker sales to make money. It's a short term benefit for people who already have money and need quick feats, but in the end it has more of a negative impact on the longevity of the economy then it does a good one.

What anxient said is true too, there were no good intentions behind the people doing the exploits, it was all for personal gain and profit.
    • Like x 2
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No matter how you tyr to spin it, the long term negative impacts are much greater then the short term benefits that some might have. If the exploiters really wanted to be a "robin hood" or vigilante, and give back to the community, they would have given away all these materials for free. That would have been a much bigger "middle finger" then just putting it on the broker for slightly lower then average prices.

In the end it was all for personal gain, and as a result barely put a dent in the overall grand scheme for capsules, a dent that will quickly heal with the next time capsule.
    • Like x 5
  16. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Your 2nd paragraph is basically what I was getting at. Your 3rd paragraph was what I was trying to get at earlier in this thread. I agree with you, but...

The idea that if people spend more money that then the powers that be will decrease the drop rate I find to be disgusting & if that was to be the case then that would give more credence to the exploiters. Why spend $1 for a 1% chance at an item when you can spend 1c & have a 2% chance
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They wouldn't have sold had the exploiters put them all at full price, it was either playing the waiting game for them to sell, and then putting up the new materials, or just start undercutting till prices got ridiculously low. People can't mask sinister intentions with a good deed and pretend like they were saving the world, that's not how things work.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Fraudsters, scammers and cheaters will always come up with reasons why what they were doing was justified. They believe they were on some sort of moral crusade but the truth is they were just greed driven. It was all about them and no one else.

Some of them have admitted guilt, but they were probably still using this glitch up until the very moment they got caught.

What they should have done is reported the glitch but instead they chose to abuse it for personal and pecuniary advantage.

This is no different from the money glitches of the past and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the same players involved after having made new accounts after that one.

These players deserve to be permanently banned and if I was daybreak I'd be doing IP checks, cookie checks and banned any other accounts associated with them.
    • Like x 5
  19. Proxystar #Perception

But It's not a problem to steal from a grandma if you're giving it to the homeless person around the corner Fatal.
    • Like x 1
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

You are really not worth arguing with. The results of the Time Capsules have been manipulated no matter how you try and spin it, no matter what word you try to replace "manipulated" with.

Your intentions are clear, personal benefit on occasion means more to you than the negative impact the actions had on the game and the rest of the population that was not using exploits to gain billions to move around with. Personal benefit was the only thing these exploiters ever represented, and it came at the cost of the rest of us. You can use any screenshot of some random prices how many times you want to but it won't change that fact.

Anyhow, I'm done here. Nothing you say here will bring back your exploiter-buddies anyway.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.