Bring weapons back to DCUO!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

I think is a matter of devs dont really know how to balance weapons to be on par with powers.

The pftT playstyle is superior in multiple ways and the superpowered skill line is better for both dps and support roles simply due to the fact that weapons dont restore enough power when used.

One big argument was that when doing a mechanic, blocking or performing a superpower you power is regeneration over time at a stead rate with superpowered playstyle chosen.

With Hybrid that does not happen and the power that you get from the weapon attacks do not make up for it.

I dont think weapons can make a comeback since its been months and still no major adjustments to make the combat comparison even close.
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

as i have gone WE, i can tell you from my experience that it is way harder to play right.
    the most important factor is keeping your buffs all the time and use counter mechanics.
    i do like that challenge, i just think that WE (if played flawlessly) should be competitive.
    i made a thread on it to point out all the things that make WE more challenging than pftt:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/going-we-report.293502/
    • Like x 2
  3. L T Devoted Player

16 pages of weapon and combat mechanics complaints and I'll bet the only thing that comes out of this thread is a scoreboard update.
    • Like x 1
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

in this thread, i saw at least twice that argument:
    "if you buff weapons, pftt players could take atvantage of it".
    i guess this is not realy an argument because it contradicts itself.
    if pftt would use weapons, they simply are not pftt.
    even tapping range in between powers and clip is to some degree hybrid.
    it doesn't need much skill, but i guess even that should have its advantage.
    at least it would mean players be like 1 tap 2 tap 3 tap 4 tap 5 tap.
    spiced up with some counters being done,
    i see no reason why it shouldn't lead to more dammage than simply 12345...
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

i allways appreciate to hear your thoughts, because i think you make valid arguments.
    but also i realy hope you are wrong with this one, because at least i still have hope...
  6. L T Devoted Player

Careful there. At one point in revamp testing rifle was far and away the best weapon and clipping range taps best pretty much all other damage moves.
    • Like x 2
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

then it was pointed out and riffle tap was changed based upon feedback...
    i think you are basicly saying that it could cause other problems we don't see yet.
    but then again: why not trying out different weapon based adjustments on test server,
    give it time for feedback, consider, correct, get more feedback, if done right go live,
    wait for feedback, consider, correct on test server, get more feedback, if done right go live.

thats why we even have a testserver, but i guess the devs think that testing feedback is biased.
    however: they have changed many things since they put revamp on test based on feedback.
    and in some cases, i think they have improoved the revamp with every update a bit more.
    only to then change everything completely one week before revamp went live. testers baffled.
    and since then, we get the opposite treatment: silence...

with a mental fix, half a year after not responding in any way to any kind of feedback,
    i guess the same may happen with weapons: one day, they maybe do what they see fit,
    not responding on any threat, not giving any kind of arguing, but i guess they read,
    they maybe take some notes of some threads and test things themselves without us...
    just that i think they are not into conversation so much since they rushed out and botched.
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

conspiracy theory: devs have secret forum identities,
    accounts were they can reply without green names,
    so they may argue with us, without us even notizing...
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

well anyways ^^' to go back to the topic:
    i think the weapon buff has some issues...

as a weapon user, you depend on it beeing active at all times.
    when it gets off, i have come to the conclusion that it is allways better to break a combo with a hold to clip,
    to then start the next combo buffed. if you don't and finish your combo, the result is allways worse.
    wich puts long combo WM's with many inputs in an even worse place while considering other risk factors...
    noone ever replyed to anything on how i think it could be adjusted.

so here some ways how to adjust it:
    1.) change the buff to work for 18 seconds, while keeping the cooldown at twelfe seconds, without stacking
    2.) let the buff work like robo sidekick: once activated, it stays activated. maybe with power replenish reduction.
    3.) the buff stays activated for at least the time were you are doing a combo automaticly, last hit deactivates it.

i guess the first option is simple and easy to do.
    it would give you six seconds to finish your combo.

well, since WE is basicly a playstyle that should let you focus on weapons,
    without bothering to much about clipping powers and stuff just like that,
    i think it is ironic that playing with weapons is depending so much on it.
    to the point your focus is basicly the cooldown of that one power to rule.
    any opinions on that matter would be highly appreciated, please tell me ^^
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

I would suggest that the "accelerated" mods for the weapon buffs be changed to 30%, so you could clip with it every 8 seconds and have some margin. Also, they should probably be reduced to 200 power cost.
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

Superpowerd should have it's Might buff decreased to 5 or maybe 7 1\2 percent. Combo centric powers should have their combo damage boosted slightly to make up for it.

If anything at all is done with counters, just make abilities counter and be vulnerable to counters the way Atomic used to be. Then pftt would be on a completely even field with hybrid and wm
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

is it a leg mod? that would help, if so...
  13. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

I am strictly referring to weapon combo's when I refer to clipping speed. Pftt clipping is fine atm, whatever i'll deal with it, taking away the trinket clipping was ******** by dcuo and making some of the only clipping powers which were the crit procs precision only making them worthless to pftt.

Bringing back speed to weapon clipping of the regular non-WM combos solves most of the issues you can go back to quick 2tap holds or 5taps or scoop 2h clipping it will go a long way to making weapons expert and hybrid playstyles more viable. You jumping to the HL extreme example is unnecessary and you just further remind me of a forum poster "yca"
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I honestly think the whole thing has just been miscommunication with the feedback in regards to what we want and how they want it. When weapons first got updated everyone thought they were a hot mess because the devs changed the damage to take single/AoE into consideration which messed with everyone's head, and we haven't been on the same page ever since.
  15. L T Devoted Player

Non-WM clipping seems as fast as ever to me. Am I missing something? I mean... I still clip two-handed melee combos with my WE sorcery toon and it seems to mostly work.

Even when I use WM combos I clip with an ability. It's painful if I mess up... but it's like a compulsion
  16. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

The issue is the damage drops off huge with the regular weapon combo's, on a previous version of stats revamp on test regular weapons did more damage and it was perfectly fine, than last minute devs wanted to save their precious WM combos so they buffed all the damage of those combo's forcing us to use them. You can still clip WM combo's but very dangerously of missing 100% of its damage which is hardly a risk worth taking throughout a raid. You execute it correctly you save a fraction of a second and if you miss you lose 20-40k damage. Unlike regular weapon combo clipping that could save the entire animation of the final move, saving seconds and losing 0 damage
    • Like x 3
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Anyone else here got their Karate Kid artifact to lv80 yet? I’m seriously underwhelmed myself. Having a 10% boost for 30 seconds is pretty neat, but the CC immunity only lasting three seconds is pretty much worthless. Blue immunity already covers you for most of that!
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

meee... yeah, the imunity should last at least 6 seconds in PVE... AT. LEAST.
  19. L T Devoted Player

I haven't even started my free trinket yet. I'm leaning towards the supercharge one. One of my problems with WE is I'm always running low on power. Using Sorcery I'm keeping bad karma applied, clipping in weapon of destiny and alternating between offering soul barrage. The Damage output is pretty good in content-- but it would be much better if I had more power. I'm frequently missing out on the precision buff in raids. Fury's power regen nerf on top of the WE one is brutal.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What weapon are you using? I use pretty long weapon combos and I don’t really have any problems with power, unless a duo boss starts being stubborn.