Dear Development team, why are you guys being so slient as of late?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jan 14, 2018.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You appear to have mistaken this function for the Private Message function.

If you wished to send a private message to the devs, posting to a public forum is not the correct means.

When you post to a public forum, you invite comment from any and all members of that forum, and you don't get to dictate how or to whom other people respond nor what they have to say.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Oh brother, you're completely missing out on what I'm saying.

"It's like you want to be rewarded for canceling your sub rather than keeping it up"-That's the opposite of what I'm saying. No, I don't ever want to be rewarded for dropping my sub. What I'm saying is: I wanted to be rewarded for keeping my sub going past October, that didn't happen because I happened to subscribe in the middle of November when I had no clue that October was going to be the expiration date.

I'm saying rather, Members should've been treated better and everyone Subbed or Formerly subbed should've gotten the 20 day free sub time; but instead only a select few got it. And that's what I'm not okay with, in my eyes: If you supported the game post October, you should've been Eligible for the gifts just as everyone else was.

Hopefully that clarifies what I meant regarding the whole gift situation.
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

I think the game as a whole is in a bad position entirely. They have plans but perhaps dont have the manpower to execute those plans as well as they would like or in a timely manner as they would like.

The drop of the PS3 hurts more than people actually know as that is revenue/potential revenue that is completely cut off. Especially considering DCUO along with 4 other games were the only MMOs on PS3. So players who got tired of DCUO and upgraded to ps4 could have sought out other games or dropped their sub, etc.

We could see the push for more TC to accomodate these shortcomings.

Devs are just being careful. And possibly we could expect to see a letter from the producer or creative director in the next few weeks.
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

MAGNETOxxFirstClass already mentioned that Mepps was sick. There may have been others that were sick as well, so that just wasn't in the cards. Now, despite how some may feel about Time Capsules, others would like to know what was dropping this time around...so that warranted a video (which was pretty short). And as you have noted, the month hasn't ended yet. It's quite possible that plans are changing even as we speak. It wouldn't make sense to drop info on us that could become completely inaccurate the minute a livestream or announcement ends. And if they don't do a livestream, it's not the end of the world. At some point soon they will tell us something.

By the way, there's nothing shady about how they're going about things. Using the word "shady" throws a very negative connotation to their actions (or in this case, lack thereof). Their being unusually quiet shouldn't be perceived as something bad coming our way. Just sayin'...
    • Like x 2
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I've been asking for this myself. All of these cool emblems to use, and not many styles worth putting them on. It's a sorely missed opportunity.
    • Like x 1
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Guys. Its been 2 weeks since the new year. This seems much ado about nothing. Every year the sky is falling. It must be a big sky. I couldn't care less i didn't get a free month. It wasnt a gift to subs. The other items were
    The free month was a gift to unsubbed. Im not upset in the slightest.

They communicate plenty on here imo. They haven't announced upcoming plans because they aren't ready to be announced yet obviously and when they are everyone will know. They told you they have big plans but weren't ready to share. That was a few days ago. Theres plenty of communication imo. Every year its the same thing, we wait for an announcement.
    • Like x 6
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Why do you think that merits rewarding with a special reward beyond the anniversary gifts, some of which are, you know, rewards for subbing?

Members are periodically given gifts. Why do we rate some specific additional gift beyond whatever is planned in future and what we periodically have been given (base posters and furniture, etc.)?

"I want" is not actually an argument. "I want" you to give me $10 and an in-game stealth material, but that doesn't mean you actually owe me $10 or the material. That I want something from you is not an argument; it's only a desire. "I want free stuff" won't get you very far if you walk into a store and try it without their having promised it.
    • Like x 3
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But it never ends at "is it ready yet"...they also get asked why...and they can't always give us an answer (sometimes it's because they know how we'll react), and then people get rude and pushy. And when it happens on a pretty regular basis...it's understandable that people would get tired of that. You say you wouldn't...but I find that highly implausible.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You don't need to read the tea leaves to figure it out...They wanted to bring the players that dropped their subs before November...since Earth 3 coming soon wasn't enough to keep them subbed up waiting. Why would they tell people there was a cuttoff time, let alone what it was??? So more people could drop their subs?? So people would come here and complain (which they did anyway)??? What purpose would it have served for them to tell us this??? People get so caught up in demanding answers, but they never say why they demand those answers...how it would actually help anything.
    • Like x 4
  10. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Just reading back through this..and the major complaint was a past member reward thst was apparantly targeted for a player base from a period in 2014 to 31 Oct 17.

There are several reasons that declne happend.

If those reasons werent specifically supported..that gift wouldn't have been necessary nor the reasons behind the post.

A few weeks of legendary still isn't going to fix it...the only thing that will bring that population back is to remove the issues and items that chased them off...I fall in that category.
  11. DC Urban Committed Player

If you become pushed away from interacting with your community, you are in the wrong damn business. That is like a entrepreneur getting upset and not interacting with their costumers. That never works and is no excuse.
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Serums got canceled when Spytle said that Water would be the next healing power, and Atomic would be tank instead. This happened about 2 years ago now. As for the UI revamp, that got canceled when Sony sold S.O.E. to Columbus Nova (and investment firm). They told us it was put on an indefinite hold. And afterwards they said that they would improve the UI when resources permitted, but that the original project was cancelled. If you want links, you'll have to dig it up yourself. This all old history, nobody wants to go digging around for that. If you choose not to believe us, that's on you...just don't hold your breath waiting for either thing.
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yet it took 6 months for balance changes to occur, in those six months the forum community was literally tearing each other apart (i'm sure you remember clearly since you were caught in the crossfire quite a few times) and not a single dev stepped in to try to douse it or say anything. Many people received warnings/bans those couple months, and could have all been avoided had a green name got involved more often. Plus the fact it took that long for adjustments to be made, you have to understand people have a limit with their patience.

I understand sometimes things take time, but I also understand why threads like these occur. No reassurance whatsoever.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I know why they occur I'm just meaning they're not going to respond to everything and go we listened in fact if they did it would almost be worse.

I'm more amused by some of the reasons behind this thread not so much the "lack of communication" sentiment.

I mean complaining because you didn't get a free sub because you didn't know you should have canceled... That's next level.
    • Like x 2
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Did it occur to you that this particular gift was not intended for everybody??? And since when are they obligated to tell people in advance when a gift is coming and what it will be...or what criteria you must meet in order to get it??? They told us what we needed to know when we needed to know it. The only thing that gets announced on all those channels you mention is stuff that is here...they never tell us when things are coming in advance other than right here in the forums...and that's usually the roadmap for the year.

How could there be a heads up until a decision was made???

I didn't see any Paradox leaks anywhere...but the Anniversary Gift Emblems...why are you having such a problem with this stuff being leaked??? In a thread asking for answers as to what's coming, that strikes me as the oddest thing to be upset over.

[/quote]Right now, I have no idea what their priorities are; and yes, I acknowledge the players complain for just about everything. But isn't the point of the forums to submit feedback, both negative and positive?[/quote]
    Feedback yes...but just pure complaints....come on. An announcement thread filled with nothing but pure whine over things given for free....that's not the kind of "feedback" they're looking for. It's one thing when you're talking about game content which we are paying for...it's another to virtually "spit" in their faces because you didn't like the gifts you got, or you're jealous of the one gift another group got. That's when the whole feedback system has gotten out of hand.

There have been decisions made behind the scenes that were not privy to since day one. Why is this now all of a sudden a big deal??? And yeah, we're not always going to get a chance to influence every direction this game is heading in...there's already enough cooks in the kitchen...with a community that can't even see eye to eye on what styles they really want, we'd never get anything off the ground just from the lack of consensus or two many directions to go in. That's why we usually only get to influence things after the fact...it's easier that way.

The other Devs don't really say much anyway...and it's been like that for a long time. It's not something sinister...it just is. Why would anyone take the time out to say "i'm not saying anything cause i've got nothing to say"??? Megzilla is new, and we haven't worn her down yet (hopefully it doesn't happen at all). Mepps can't give info until he gets the all clear, and considering he has to wade through a mountain of complaints while not feeling at his best...maybe the silence is good for us (I know when i'm not feeling too good, I tend to snap at people more quickly...especially when they're being ungrateful...that's just me).

It's the weekend...you're not going to get a response on the weekend. Us answering you can do two things: One) Make you rethink a few things and Two) keep this thread on the first page just in case somebody from the company does want to chime in.
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Why a Time Capsule live stream and not an Anniversary one....the capsules were here, their plans for 2018 still in flux. What they eventually reveal will be determined by what they might already have close to ready down the pipeline.

After announcing things like style unlocking and not delivering for so long, they might want to avoid revealing something of that level that may not be ready anytime soon. They certainly aren't going to waste resources on a livestream to tell us that "there's not much to tell just yet, so stay tuned". So we just have to wait until they're ready to drop some news on us.
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Never said I wouldn’t get tired of it. But people thinking I don’t care? That tends to upset me.

And there’s always an answer to ‘why’ that can be given: licensing issues, technical issues, manpower, hours in the day, having to rework other things so it doesn’t break them. Yeah, some people wouldn’t be happy with answers like that because they want everything now, now, NOW! Tough. Reality bites. Learn to be patient. Heck, just do a google search and find out just how much work goes into whatever it is they’re demanding to have last year in their self-centered instant gratification universe. :p

For that matter, answers to ‘why don’t we have ‘x’ yet, you said it was coming!’ can always be as simple as ‘we’re working on it, please be patient’, perhaps with a mention of things like ‘the people working on it are also working on other things that we aren’t ready to announce yet’ or ‘the people working on it are also working on ‘y’ and ‘z’ which we also said was coming’, and so on.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Or maybe the players can back off a little, and consider their words and the effects they can have. Or is that asking for people to accept too much responsibility for their own actions???*

*[Not directed at the OP of this thread at all...just speaking in general.]
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sadly, people think they don't care even when they say they do...so at some point, there's no use saying it anymore.
  20. DC Urban Committed Player

You clearly never worked in a consumer based business...which is nearly every business.....You do not, I repeat, do not brush off potential money. A-holes have pockets too. We don't see A-holes, we see $$$$. Unbelievable.........:eek:
    • Like x 1