why does the community not want a troll in alerts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Lately I've been trolling EVERYTHING because I have gotten tired and bored of playing dps. I'm am a very effective troll and whenever I run the Earth 3 alert using LFG, someone always ask me to switch to dps. I politely respond with "I'd rather troll" and regardless if there is a tank we have smooth runs. The no role troll buff has been reduced and power is still needed. Also power dump recharge goes to the 4 members with the lowest power bars. Since it is a 4man alert everyone is able to get power back.

FYI, the current state of trolling is not as bad as ppl make it out to be. 1 thing I will say is in order to be a successful troll SPs are needed. Also I've seen ppl say Vitalization doesn't matter since revamp. In the words of J R Ryder. " YOU ARE WRONG"
    • Like x 3
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I always troll in alerts inless some child flips out then I'll dps and I'll be sure to leave that dps on the ground when he drops .
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I’m not sure about others, but personally I don’t need power. It doesn’t hurt, but I can generate my own power.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I also generate my own power just fine
    • Like x 1
  5. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

Because of the way the game is set up at the moment. Most groups don't need the extra power the troll can give with the buff you get for not having one. Also the extra DPS just makes it go faster since everyone is in a rush to get done and move on to the next thing. Otherwise why would they skip all the adds instead of killing all of them.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Because is faster.
    • Like x 4
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

no alert content that requires a troll.
    • Like x 4
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I like KOing all of the adds.

Om nom nom nom
  9. TestReporter Loyal Player

Alerts don't require a troll and after 10 runs you want to get out of that place asap, the troll will make you lose a little of time.
    • Like x 4
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

In my experience, not having a troll results in wipes, because either I run out of power due to being forced to spam heals, or else adds take me out and 'oh, they're just a healer, they're not contributing to DPS, so don't bother rallying them' - followed by a complete wipe less than a minute later.
    • Like x 2
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Try queuing. In my experience lately, every E3 alert que has needed a troll. Even with full power back concentration, the group is always dancing over an empty power bar while clearing adds and on bosses.
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I queue all the time, and I *much* prefer a group that has a good tank and a good troll or two. Things go *soo* much smoother than when the group is just a bunch of scoreboard chasers. Which is what I end up with more often than not.
    • Like x 3
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Roleless buffs that shouldn't be there

Lack of troll effectiveness

Lack of willingness for people to play support
    • Like x 6
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Roleless buffs and people like to dps so theyre only gonna want a heal
    • Like x 3
  15. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

3 dps and 1 heal strains the heal. 3 dps results in wipes almost every time a drone detects and alarms. Trolls ccing adds helps a lot too even if the dps can manage their power. Its the same time in a alert if the group wipes with no troll and the group that finishes with a troll and no wipes.
    • Like x 3
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I have no power issues in injustice as a healer. I almost never run with a troll in it bc villian side ppl don't prefer trolling
    • Like x 3
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Hero side nobody wants to play troll either. They're all chasing the DPS scoreboard, as if they get a special prize for being top of the DPS pile
    • Like x 1
  18. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Some are failing to understand how others value their time on this game. If I can run content that doesn't require a support role and I can finish it 5 mins earlier due to that, then that's how I'm going to run it. When you have the same monotonous grind everyday, becoming more efficient is paramount.

Take the E3 duo as an example. I completely stopped running it because it takes too long IMHO, especially when I have a limited amount of time on the game. I've run it with another DPS and a few times with support roles. Having a secondary player in there as a Troll is absolutely out of the question for me. It nearly takes 10 mins on average to complete it, so I'm certainly not interested in spending 15+ minutes in there for no reason.

To each their own, but I want to complete content as quick as possible, especially since I know I'll have to run it an ungodly amount of times to complete styles and collections.
    • Like x 3
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So the best way to fix support roles is more damage.

Got it! Buff weapons it is.

/Sarcasm
    • Like x 2
  20. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I got it, LoL.