Bring weapons back to DCUO!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Combo powers should be the best at PFtT because they're not as easily played as the 1234 powers, so in theory if hybrid were to slightly outperform or whatever, combo powers would still be tied with it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Might have been a good idea if you hadn't forgotten Immunity.

Scenario:
    2 people in a duo, 1 WE 1 PFtT
    The PFtT lunges at the boss to get into range and is blocked, boss gets immunity from counters for a few seconds.
    What exactly is the WE supposed to do there?

PFtT goes ahead and does their standard dmg, WE gets nothing.
    Once again creating imbalance.
    • Like x 1
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

sure. i am still playing brawling, even though i am allways last with it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

No, I knew full well about immunity when I proposed the idea, all players should be encouraged not to make bosses immune, if groups are feeding NPC's immunity then it's a garbage group in the first place.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Yea I wonder if future artifacts could help with that, perhaps an artifact that gives a precision based player the ability to counter through immunity against PVE NPC's.

I say the latter because you don't want it destroying PVP.
  6. Version San Diego Active Player

Do not know if anyone brought up aoe size. I am a DW mastery user, I like weapons. My problem lies with my mastery to explosive shot has such a small aoe compared to a lot of powers. Also some of the powers will still hit harder with larger aoe. I am fine with damage it does but should hit a larger area at least. I am sure other combos have the same issue, just have not tested all weapons.
    • Like x 1
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

another thing: in raids you gain a buff from troll. can't have that anywhere else because no troll is ever seen in an alert.
    • Like x 1
  8. OmegaMan nWo Level 30

I'd like to see all new animations for all the weapons.
    The combos could stay the same but something fresh would really help reinvigorate weapons use.
    Also, cut the weapons stance animation if we enter our movement mode.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's another good point. They need to add a weapon buff to the roleless buffs.
    • Like x 2
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yep, I bought up cones and AOE a couple pages back as one of the hindrances for weapons. Only a few weapons have full 360 AoE
    • Like x 1
  11. NerfEveryone New Player

There it is the word “broken”. Now let the cries for a nerf start. Lol, this is getting funny.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, in my opinion, WM's should only hit as hard as normal weapon attacks,
    but calculated with the same formula how combos should be calculated with:
    starting with a base value for either a tap or hold, each further back in chain
    would add the dammage for both base value and for every thenth of second
    needed after the first attack in your combo. i would like WM's clippable too.
    clipping would do the base dammage and shortens the time bonus you get.
    that way, WM's would be a nice improovement, whithout being mandatory.
    looking at dual wield, were you have a chain going up to ten hits for example:
    there should be no way that its WM's into brawling hit harder than a full chain!
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Cross weapon combos require a significant sp investment and so should do more damage than a single weapon combo of similar length. HOWEVER it should be a small bonus so that combo length is the primary factor in determining damage. That way weapon users aren’t pressured into using cross weapon combos and we won’t get pftt players abusing brawling into shuriken storm as someone earlier in the thread pointed out could happen.
    • Like x 1
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

hmmm, well... right! maybe WM's should do twice the base dammage,
    but the time it takes to get there should still be the main factor for it...
    i allways thought that weapons should unlock like powers by leveling,
    that way, you would only need to unlock the cross weapon combos ^^
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nah 2x is a bit much I think. I don’t know what the exact figure would be but I think 200% is definitely too high.
  16. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Devs went big way to kill Weapon clipping and made the wrong decision to make Cross weapon combos the superior way to use weapons. Clipping was key factor for multi input gameplay everybody hoped for to return, I wonder how Devs missed that with the many surveys and tons of lines of feedback.

Another inconsistency is that Weapon buff often expires by the time you finish a long Cross Weapon combo and without the buff, weapon damage drops too much. I think Weapon buff % should be decreased by at least 10% and weapons' base damage should be increased by the same amount.

Playstyles have become too separated hindering the end number and variety of viable loadouts. Powersets that were super fun in the past (pre GU36) like Sorcery, Electric, Gadgets and Mental feel very dull atm just because Weapon clipping was shafted.

Something I specifically miss from the past are stronger Rifle's Grenades and basically any viable ranged weapons with clippable attacks.
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Meh I don’t miss that it was ugly and carpal tunnel inducing. But pftt is too far in the other direction for me. I just want to use both my weapon and my powers.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Hey, I'm all for bringing powers and weapons up. Not sure how long you've played, but the track record is to nerf. It's easier and more cost effective.
  19. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Then they should allow all power to have the ability to combo there powers.

I agree that the combo power is not easily played, but that would lead right back to where all the adjustments began, giving all powers the ability to compete with the combo powers.

They don't have to make all powers combo powers, just add some other difficulty, not 1234 thats' just to easy, but some mechanic to the powers to even out the difficulty.

Testing would be the issue though, because of bias, everyone has a favorite power they would love to buff or a power they do not like.

Maybe incorporate clipping to none combat power, or include super strength in some way using the environment or some combination there in.

Otherwise again it leads to only a few ever being able to outperform the rest, but I doubt that would bring the weapons back, it would just lead to more Pftt.

Then again they could have the non combo powers combo into weapon attacks???
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'm all for this. 1000%

It would also help teach basic PvP mechanics, if they ever get around to a revamp.

Great idea though. :)