Elite instances

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by velvetsanity, Jan 9, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

So far, I’ve gotten into Desecrated Cathedral Elite twice...both times, everyone but me (healer) was DPS role. Is that how you’re supposed to do Elite instances, or are you supposed to be using proper roles?
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Many people likely have role optional enabled, so it makes the queue not look for the other roles
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea sorry man, this is kinda the status quo at the moment.

You'll either get:
    People that have dual roles and will switch accordingly or:

People that just hope they get a healer to heal 3 dps. Or just have 2 dps and 2 other roles.

I know it's not by the book but if you have 3 high cr dps just beat it if you need it, but you're of course welcome to leave as well if your dps suck
    • Like x 2
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The elite alerts have the role-less buff turned off, which is supposed to encourage the use of all roles. However, just like raids, if you know the mechanics and are over geared enough, it's possible to stack dps. You usually want at least either a tank or a healer in the instance, though.
    • Like x 3
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I was the healer both times. Everybody else was DPS. And Jared mopped the floor with the whole group repeatedly. Couldn’t get past him.

Note: most of the people I’ve been seeing trying to pure DPS it have had a CR of about 123-125 :p
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Were you guys at level??? If not at level, how high were the CRs in there???
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

And apparently the role-optional setting defaults to on, because I never even knew about it and it was set to on when I went looking through the settings just now
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

My CR is 143. Most of the people I was seeing were about 125, though some were higher
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

When you are within or just outside of CR relevance, you want the different roles in there.

Even with 200+ CR folks I have seen problems in the elite raids when you don't have the roles present.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ah...yeah....at those CRs, unless the players are really good, it would be hard to beat with 1 healer 3 DPS in DC Elite. Unfortunately most players that queue in like that don't usually have their support role developed or even have a second armory. They queue up as both roles to decrease their queue time, but have no way of going support if needed.
    • Like x 1
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

long time since i did that alert but wasnt jared the boss were a troll was mandatory to pass?
    • Like x 1
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Jared just hits hard and has his "wrath family" come help him one at a time.

James drains the power of the first person to hit him.
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea you'll hit him for like 200 until a debuff is put on or you just outlast his shield or defense buff or whatever that is
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You need all roles for elite instances. Period.