Challenge: The Prime Battleground (85-103)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Giga Vamm, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I challenge a group of players who are all between combat rating 85 and 103 to beat The Prime Battleground in its current state. If you can do it and post a video proving it was done as the broken raid currently is, survivors will be given hats.
    • Like x 2
  2. Cadens Dedicated Player

well to be fair, try to get all 103s. Why? Because that is what it took back when it came out. You were not beating that without max CR gear for the time.
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I beat it in a group of 85-101 players back when Origin Crisis was the top content. It was very beatable back then with 87 gear. The maximum combat rating for The Prime Battleground is 90, by the way.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

What? We were beating it in T4 gear and yes you absolutely were.
    FYI max CR when it came out was 88CR (vendor gear) 89 with ruinic gear.
    Most groups wouldn't let someone in below 180 but it was WAY below 103
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'd give it a shot if I could find 7 other people willing to remove their gear and only spec 100-120 sp
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Max cr was 90 if you got full Norsemen and the op helm
    • Like x 3
  7. Cadens Dedicated Player

That's right, we didn't get over 100CR until assault and battery. Would be interesting to see what happens with a group that only has that level of a CR though.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

It was very beatable in 74-78 gear
    OC gear made you OP for this as that's the first time our stats took a HUGE jump
    • Like x 3
  9. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

People over 100 CR will have a little more survival. The health pools at that stage are over 10k. The Avatar of Tech only shaves off 9.5k health with each of its normal attack's hits, so that gives those players another second to survive and maybe roll out of range to get healed. That assumes those players are full health when they get hit.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

Not for everyone. Remember there was a bug that allowed that. I had full ruinic and Helm of OP and never got above 89.

Don't know if PC had it, but PS definitely had it. Which is why I didn't put 90.
    • Like x 1
  11. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

That's probably true. Today, that might be more equivalent to players in the 120-125 range for gear stats. I still think a group of 85-103 players should be capable of beating The Prime Battleground. Sadly, I highly doubt even a group full of 103s could beat it as it currently stands.
    • Like x 1
  12. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I'd be down to do it. Now we just need six more people to volunteer, and we can start setting up a time and sharing character names.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If we get some free skip to 100cr tokens this year. I'll take your challenge. :)

I don't have any toons sitting that low currently. And I'm not buying, aka wasting, a bunch of marks just to prove you wrong.

Hit up Mepps for us legendary to get those as gifts again. :)
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

Shoot...count me in.
  15. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

o_O Could just take off some gear until your health is around 9,500 (should be around combat rating 100), or just take off gear until you hit combat rating 103. It doesn't have to be a perfect test as long as people have health around 9,500-10,100 to see what I'm seeing.
  16. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

If I remember...87 88 (full vendor t4 bought from marks from gates) was the max CR..and people were running it to get a weapon of their choice..(if it dropped and not looted)..and the helm. Although tough..required a *** ton of communication..full of one shots..it eas challenging..but doable...rarely groups consisted of anything less than 88..maybe 1..or 2 max was 87. Ideally..floating around 100-120sp
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not true. People were beating it at cr86-88 back then. I was one of them. I got lucky to find a group of very good players, no door glitches or anything. Just straight up strategy and burn. It was doable. Most pug groups couldn't do it even with the door glitch. And after Hands of Fate came out, people still struggled with Prime. I still remember people struggling in Prime with T5 Gear.

I'm inclined to believe that Giga Vamm is right, and the instance is partially broken, because at level, the attack he mentions from Avatar of Tech is not supposed to be an automatic death sentence even with shields on. And considering that shields got a significant boost in the revamp, that should tell you something.
    • Like x 1
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I used to solo this before the revamp.
  19. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Sure..but we arent talking about several CRs above tier for prime while using AM...
  20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

It came out way before Norseman gear was released and I believe we couldn’t even see our CR back then.
    • Like x 1