Bring weapons back to DCUO!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jan 8, 2018.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

invited green names
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Definitely a CC resistance buff of even 2 to 5% would be a start.
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

There's a lot of general interruption when it comes to all play styles, take one step into the anti monitor event and you'll see what it's all about, although I'll note it seems toned down from last year, but that might just be me.

In terms of counters, what I'm saying to you and it's important to stress here I'm not against buffing weapons, there's is a fine line between tweaking damage output potential and making the likes of weapon countering completely redundant.

You have to be careful not to move from tweakinga bit of damage potential into trivializing the combat mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Powers should be as interruptable as weapons I agree, I did not agree with the developers decision to take away countering from powers such as atomic combos, jackhammer, etc etc.

It seemed to me like they were trying to fix some other systemic issues by doing so. I personally saw it as a bit of a veiled attempt to balance pvp perhaps (althought if that was the case it certainly wasn't successful), I also saw it as an attempt to avoid mechanics setting off as a result of powers i.e. Brother Blood's shield in UM was a good example of this. I do honestly feel like it was the easy way out to try and fix a few other issues.

These are just my theories and a green name can feel free to elaborate on this exactly, perhaps they already have and I didn't read it. either way I don't agree that it was done.
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

i want the risk, take my cake and eat it too!
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

fatal received more replys in one day than my thread,
    asking basicly the for the same stuff since over a week...
    guess you are way more popular than me, fatal star ^^'
    • Like x 1
  7. Revoemag Committed Player

My vision..

Keep PftT as is..

A tiny buff for hybrid - so is relatively equal to PftT..

Weapons expert..
    New concept..
    Restricted to only using buff and shield abilities.
    Get new power - a trinket similar to the Huntress ability to have use of 2 weapons. Example players could use both bow and shield, quickly interchanging between them in a rotation.
    Extreme buff to weapons so that are competitive with PftT and hybrid.
    Remove weapon mastery combos, return to single weapon combos.
  8. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

The 4 characters I’ve used for any length of time since revamp are all pftt, it’s what I enjoy doing. However, if hybrid or WE have to over parser on sparring targets in order to be competitive in content then so be it. Iirc (& I might not be so apologies if misinfo) the Tunso test was widely considered to be flawed because it didn’t take into account conditions in combat. Are people now saying the Tunso test wasn't flawed in this respect?

I’ll add an example to Johnny Quick & the tank who never stood in 1 place. I main gadgets & have done since I started playing the game a few years ago. Since revamp I would say a lot of gadgets dps have implosion mine in their l/o. I’m pretty sure most on here have seen what it does. I personally think how it operates is really cool & would hate to lose it. However, I’m realistic enough to accept that if I want to keep the function that implosion mine has then other playstyles that it is detrimental to need some form of recompense.

I would say though that they need to balance weapons generally first before making wholesale changes.
    • Like x 3
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

We treat the current pftt damage output the baseline. If weapons get buffed to the point where they totally dominate pftt in all likely combat conditions, then we nerf the weapons back down to that level.
    • Like x 1
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You guys want to increase or remove the stat cap on stat bubbles, which would throw the whole game out of balance because they would have to buff content to account for the new potential, not even remotely close to what this thread is, once again, stay in one topic.

I also find it funny you guys think I'm asking for all this for myself, I main as celestial which sucks at hybrid, why would I care about a weapon buff to "make me stronger?"
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Then rage and earth needs to be nerfed as you said they are clear outliers. That or counters need to be removed from PvE or else it'll never be equal.

If you don't agree with either of those though, what would you do? Let's have a discussion of solutions instead of one side trying to defend their point.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Me popular? No way. Actually the opposite lol.
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I see you more than anyone else on here. Besides Khalon lol
    • Like x 1
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

fatal sensei, teach me how to become a star too ^^
    • Like x 2
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just be annoying, get into a lot of arguments, and post alot, you will see the way young one
    • Like x 3
  16. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Great post! You're right. The weapons need to be balanced first, as much as possible. If bow/smokebomb is approximately where they should be, the other combos should be adjusted up to that level with longer combos doing the highest amount of damage and shorter ones doing progressively less. I don't think counters should be touched, unless it's to improve the cc immunity we get from successful counters. For me, that's a big part of the fun of using weapons.

I think the phrase "potential damage" is throwing people off because different people are interpreting/using it differently. If potential damage means how a style/weapon/power parses on sparring targets, then it does make sense to have weapons parse higher than powers. Also, certain powers, like projectiles, that can miss or be easily interrupted, should parse a little higher than powers that always hit (all other things being equal).

It all comes down to damage per second. Specifically for weapons, you spend more time being interrupted, either because you didn't see that the target was blocking/lunging (because you were blinded by power effects, lol) and end up on you back or because you do see it and stop your combo to switch to a counter or because the target's positioning significantly changes. So averaging out over the course of a fight, in order for a PftT toon and a WE toon to be able to do similar damage per second in content, the damage from some of the individual weapons attacks need to be adjusted up.

NOTE: My perspective is entirely from the PvE point of view because I don't PvP. I'm not trying to advocate for changes that would damage PvP; I'm just ignorant of any PvP implications.
    • Like x 2
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't understand how people see it as balanced for them to do the same damage when weapons need to worry about more. Yes PftT needs to worry about repositioning and interrupts as well, but unless they are point blank range, they do not need to worry about that stuff as much as weapon users, so in the end they will still always out perform.

People on these forums tend to always over exaggerate the extent of impact a buff or nerf has, they're over dramatic about a lot of things. They see a higher parsing number on the dummies and think "omg that's going to kill the game and make *insert power/playstyle here* the new FoTM" when it can be something as small as a 1k difference in dps, which is about the equivalent of a robot sidekick, which is all I'm asking for, if a PFtT rotation parses 17k, let the hybrid rotation do 17.5- 18k, due to the factors and variables involved, no that won't break the game or make weapons the new meta, it'll help make up for the complications hybrid users would have to face over PFtT players.

Anyone that says that small difference would hurt balance or break anything is either trying very hard to hold onto their might builds that any little request that even smells like it's opposing their play style is seen as a threat, or they don't play with weapons enough to truly grasp the difference in the amount of hindrance weapon users face at point blank range over PFtT players.
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The counter mechanics were added to powers because of the AM, as sort of a "if you can pull if off you will be rewarded." The big hit for AMs is no longer in effect so there's no rsik of losing damage to counters or interrupts, you simply get back up and hit the next power in your rotation.

Weapons still need to worry about getting their "big hit" off so to speak, if you're using a longer weapon combo, or a melee combo, you face the risk of being knocked out of it mid combo or being blocked, knocked down, having to stop so you don't die, etc. For example, if I'm using smokebomb on MA, if I have to stop it 20% of the time for whatever reason like the tank keeps moving, boss is about to do a one shot, having to stop and block or roll, etc, am i really on par with the PFtT player that can just hit one button at a time for instant damage as opposed to me having to hit 6 for that same damage? You really see that as balanced? Like I said if content went like sparring dummies where the boss and adds just stood there and posed no threat then by all means make it exactly equal.

Now don't get me wrong, if AMs still existed and PFtT players needed to get off a big hit, then I'd agree to make them exactly equal but that simply isn't the case anymore unless you're a combo power, and even those are relatively forgiving to mistakes and interrupts since you still do halfway decent damage just spamming tray powers (coming from someone who mains celestial dps).
  19. Savynaa Well-Known Player

I will repeat the same as the others thread ^^

They must adjust weapon damage, regen power and make something like that :

exemple: - If you spec in WE precision stat give also power.
    - If you spec Hybrid same precision stat give also power like that you can split your sp.

I speak for Dps but for healer and troll same.

- Heal : dominance + power
    - Troll : dominance + power

Like that support can put sp in something usefull with the secondary stat and keep might power for them they want battle support.

For tank don't really need except maybe for fire.

+1 for bring back the weapons !!!!! :) (T4 players sick of AM :x). Want to play like i started active game, not sleeping game 1234. The gameplay was more unique, now it's just a copy from the others games.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

My only problem with being WE is it should have the POTENTIAL to do more damage. No power, like electric just was, or weapon, like bow smoke bomb, should determine the damage. It should all be based off stats. I say potential because if you have low SP and at end game. You'd obviously be better off using PffT. If you have high SP and want to play WE, then stats wise, it should potentially do more damage.

This thought process of them raising the cap for might every few months is balance is dumb. I can say right Now stats help, but they aren't being used correctly. My might is only around 19k and others I play with are up there around 24k. They SHOULD be blowing me out if the water, but that's not always the case.
    • Like x 3