Bring weapons back to DCUO!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jan 8, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

‘Fine the way it is’...maybe for you, but what about for players who want to actually *use* their weapons instead of just spamming powers? Or who simply want their weapons to be a *useful* backup if they run low on power?
  2. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

LOL.. I agree, but even the shrewdest of bosses should have common sense to take a step back.....

nevermind.
    • Like x 1
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Interesting. When I tried running hybrid, my powers *and* weapons were both weak. Which is the entire reason I first came to the forums, looking for some info on just what I was doing wrong...
  4. NerfEveryone New Player

Players are still using weapons. I’m currently & beat most in damage.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Bow into smokebomb doesn't count, it's where everything else should be
  6. NerfEveryone New Player

Don’t use smokebomb
  7. Proxystar #Perception

You're acting like PFtT players don't ever have to move or consider what they're doing, that's not accurate at all, you're also cherry picking two powers that you know are arguably still broken or are outliers to all others to make your point.

You're also acting like PFtT players simply ignore all combat mechanics and just pew pew pew more so than a hybrid player, good ones are not just going to sit their simply letting an NPC block or lunge them etc.

The reality is you don't break the game in the opposite direction because you feel it's broken in the other, you fix the breakages in the other.

If you remove the threat of combat mechanics by increasing damage output to the point where they can be ignored then you're going to destroy PVP as well, not that it isn't already because of ridiculous PVE decisions like the one you're suggesting.

If you want to pick up a weapon then you need to learn to use it, again damage output can be balanced to the point where if you're using that weapon effectively the damage output will be possible.. But we should never be pandering to people who just want to roll their tongue across the controller, ignoring all combat aspects and achieve a top result. What are you even playing for at that point?

As The anxient has pointed out, I perfectly understand what you're saying I just don't agree with what appears to be a clear attempt by you to achieve balance through imbalance. It's not the way you go about fixing things.

I'm sorry we simply can't reach agreement on this topic Fatal.
    • Like x 2
  8. Punch Drunk Active Player

Nope not really. You want to change the game to suit your desires the same as we were. By different methods but change is change. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy as I see it. You were all over the other threads about how things were just fine and nothing needs changed . Then start your own change this for me thread. Like I said before I actually agree weapons need work but that requires changing the very thing you said was fine. Well which is it? Do we need more changes or don't we? And we're does the cycle end? You get to have weapons outperform melee combos and then they adjust them too. Oh then pftt will need adjusted to keep up so everyone can play so we don't alienate players. Puts us right back where you all said adding might would. The endless cycle and damage spiraling out of control. Nope live by the decision the devs made isn't that what was said. Well right back at this "please make me stronger" thread.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lodestone Active Player

No, its not fine, they should bring up the damage for weapons.
    That said, its always handy to have a weapon with you and bring out to get some power when youre low at it.
    Or ... have a good loudout so you dont get low at it.
    It looks like more and more that pftt play getting demonized as if we dont get interrupted or we dont have to get reposition ourselves.
    I dont know whom your playing with but speaking for myself 'just spamming powers' is not my definition how i play. That infact would be boring.
    If you like playing weapons then do so and bring to attention that its underperforming. I think the implementation of sp for hybrid/weapon weapon is not done right but thats not pftt players fault;)
  10. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

I'm using hybrid... sure my weapon dont really do as much damage as my super power (my weapon combo crit at 7k at most while my power crit at 11k at most).. but i assume that is mostly due to me spec'ing into might....i dont have alot of SP, so I cant spec into both precision and might..
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol. You know. It's only because of counters. Powers don't counter, thus no risk of not getting the damage out. Weapons get countered all the time (and yes, bosses still block, etc.) so yeah, the devs need to take that into account. Not melee vs. melee risk, just counters and the conal attack vs. aoe, etc.
    • Like x 1
  12. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Cool, you want equality then lets do the dev thing and nerf instead of fix.
    Powers should be as interruptable as weapons.
    Try and argue against that without coming off as a PFTT player not wanting to lose their 1st place spot like the other posts.
    • Like x 5
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Lol everyone knows weapons aren't fine as it is.

As usual, people are using semantics to tell us we're saying things we're not.

I think the Almighty Might Lobbyists are here. They dont want people with imagination and skill to try something different.

Everyone just go might and rage everythings ok!
    • Like x 2
  14. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I'm against adding more percentage buffs to the Foci. That just screams power creep. If you want to increase Weapon Expert relatively to the the others then remove the Might buffs from Hybrid and Superpowered and add -10% weapon damage to Superpowered instead of just piling up more damage. We don't need to raise the baseline just half a year after the revamp.

And before anyone starts screeching about nerfs again: "no nerfs" is what wasted 4 years of dev time in the first place that could have been used for new systems or PvP updates instead.
    • Like x 2
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You basically said "A weapon update would ruffle peoples feathers?"

Am I understanding your reasoning?
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I get what you’re saying but if you bring weapons up to par with pftt it won’t change anything because you can achieve the same result already by having a full party of pftt dps.
    • Like x 1
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

That's actually seems decent.
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That's true assuming the hypothesis that PftT does that amount of damage more than weapons. But if the number is off and weapons ended up dominating instead (we had that situation already before the revamp went live) then you did raise the baseline and the whole discussion starts again. Simply adding more damage is rarely a good idea.
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

HELL YEAH!!!
    totally agree!
    here my thoughts:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/going-we-report.293502/
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

also i would say:
    WE: should recieve a buff of 10% for masteries, 10% precission + weapon attacks in general, 5% imunity to CC, -50 power regen
    hybrids: 10% precission + weapon attacks in general, 5% on all support stats, -25% auto power regeneration
    super powered: 25% power, 25% power regeneration, no might buff at all
    something like it.