Bring weapons back to DCUO!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jan 8, 2018.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Atomic hybrid was atrocious last i played...
  2. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

If some of the rules that apply to Rage and Earth doing melee damage in PFTT playstyles, applied to melee ranged weapon attacks and combos that would help. Not sure why Rage and Earth can go ham right up in the mix and Weapons Experts cant.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Acting like PFtT is immune to interruption is a falsehood being presented here. I think we should correct this right here so we can move forward.

All playstyles are vulnerable to interruption.
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

This is absolutely whats not being admitted here.

Different powers simply don't work with hybrid because of basic functionality.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Combo powers are arguably the best at PFtT. If you think weapons would over shadow them then you don't really play them very often.
  6. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

I get what you are trying to convey, but one of the issues we (trolls) wanted to get across and return was bringing back the 2 troll norm and the troll necessity..which buffing hybrid would potentially do that..plus weapons would be corrected...which the need to purely spam powers would be unnecessary.

The only the only thing holding it back is the PI...
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Buffing melee weapon combos to slightly out perform PFtT won't put combos at a disadvantage. All 4 combo powers are near the top as far as damage goes, rage being at the very top. Atomic, cele, and HL still need slight work of their own but having hybrid match them won't put them at a disadvantage.

Also atomic has the option to hybrid.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This.

I'm starting to think people are purposely misinterpretating what's said, the only thing risk is being tied to is with melee, no ones saying anything about range.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Combo powers are suited for PFtT them being the best; debateable.

Also where did I say I think weapons would overshadow them.....

More dots.....
  10. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

How about they take a break moving forward with any new release and their next money sch......I mean next loot box until everything is brought to PAR..

Ubisoft with AC for example took a full year off and has gone back to their roots, and so far has been reaping the rewards with a rebirth on that franchise...actually looking forward to purchasing a DLC this month.

Daybreak could do the same thing...and probably be better off. Dont see the same overhead as Ubisoft...and they even released a game or two on different titles...while stepping back with the AC franchise. Dc isnt Daybreak's only cash cow.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Just so I can be clear on what you're asking.

Are you saying "buff weapons to the point where I can ignore combat mechanics so that when I do get interrupted I will end on par with PFtT."

Cause that's what it sounds like you're saying.

Weapons can be buffed for sure but only to the point where a competent player can do damage through combos, lunging, interrupting etc.

You should categorically not be buffing weapons to help people that suck so hard they no longer want to follow the rules of weapon combat.
    • Like x 1
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Weapons should be buffed, absolutely. They should not be given a higher damage potential period. You and I see eye to eye on alot but this is a ridiculous request. You are admittedly asking for imbalance. Weapon expert and hybrid should be brought in line with pfft,thats all.
    • Like x 3
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Now I'm at the PC I can properly pick this apart and give an extensive reply.

I want them to take counters into consideration, period. If a melee hybrid rotation and rage melee rotation parses the same, has the same damage potential, who do you think would perform better in raids?

Rage doesn't have to worry about counters for starters, they can ignore combat mechanics already. On top of that they don't have to stop to reposition themselves as much because of self heals to aid the healer. Now let's look at the hybrid dps who has to worry about counters and survivability. If they stop to counter, they break their rotation = damage loss. They need to stop constantly so they aren't in the splash damage range of bosses = a damage loss. Not to mention many weapons don't have 360 AoE damage like rage or earth does, so they need to stop and reposition themselves for the most effective damage = another damage loss. On paper they're equal, but in actual content they're not. Do you see what I'm getting at? You guys act like the bosses and adds stand still like sparring dummies. If they did then I would agree, make the ceilings equal, but content doesn't work like that and your perfect little world where playing the mechanics perfectly doesn't ensure you'll out do a melee PFtT dps.
    • Like x 3
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

I see exactly what you are saying. I just disagree with you. I have a weapons dps that I melee with how much you have to reposition is being greatly over exaggerated. No focus should have higher potential than any other. Period. That is imbalance, which is something you fought tooth and nail for during the revamp.
    • Like x 3
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Anxient you're speaking as someone who mains a combo power, same as i do. Combo powers need completely seprate work done to them, but if you think making weapons equal in potential would fix the abundance of PFtt dps and bring balance, you're mistaken. You know how players are on live server, you know how pugs are.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-revamp-1-7-overall-damage-assessment.288290/

This thread was made right before the stats recieved their last flattening, you see clearly that hybrid rotations were out parsing PFtT rotations. So you'd think "wow that's inbalanced" on paper, but when I took a hybrid rotation into a raid, it certainly did not reflect the parses. I was about neck to neck with PFtT players for the same reasons I mentioned to proxy above.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I did a melee weapon build in a PanR run, used DW. The tank kept moving around which caused me to constantly have to stop and position myself behind owlman so I didn't get hit by his spinning punch, because of that i kept losing damage and I probably would have done more if I stayed ranged.

In a perfect set up you won't have to stop often, but that rarely happens, mainly cause tanks nowadays aren't used to working with melee dps
    • Like x 1
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I agree, but that doesn't mean there's not an overbearing boss making the decisions for the team.
    • Like x 1
  18. Punch Drunk Active Player

So you want something to be more powerful ? Then something else. Thought that what you spoke out against in the stat cap threads. Now you want you still want to significantly change the way the game is played to suit your needs. Nice . Nope game is fine they way it is. The devs made it this way for a reason and it is functioning as intended. Nothing to see here, move along.
    • Like x 1
  19. NerfEveryone New Player

I currently use weapon mastery w/ one power to clip & usually at top of most instances. Weapons are stil being used by advance players
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

What i'm asking for and what you guys were rallying for in the stat cap threads are two completely different things, please stay in one topic.
    • Like x 1