I want a episode to be darker in more ways than one

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by C3alix, Jan 2, 2018.

1. C3alix Committed Player

Now now now, I know the first thing that pops in to most of your heads is The Killing Joke and we all know that ain't gonna get watered down. So the chances of us getting a full Killing Joke episode like it's supposed to be is like waiting for Mepps to tell us we're all great people and he would love to sit down with us in a padded room. But what about using the Justice League Dark? Is there a future possibility of there being a Dark Multiverse episode in the future??

Now graphically, how about dimming the lights a lot more for future content? (inb4 "just turn your brightness down and you'll get the full effect!) The Blackest Night raid could have been muuuuuch darker, but we had a huge lantern lighting up the place, which makes sense but still.

How about making this game a bit more personal? Let the NPC's break the forth wall and tell you how bad you are like the vendor in Throne, or let Joker or Riddler (or any other psychotic person) pop up in the corner of your screen to remind you of how long you've wasted your time in a raid and that you should go fight your insecurities in the Vault.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

In the earth 3 dlc, ultraman vaporizes civilians into a pile of ash, you can even see it afterwards. This is the first time in DCUO history where it showed civilians physically dying.

Nothing will ever be darker then that.
    • Like x 6
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ How about if in Panopticon Ultraman snorted the kryptonite off of himself.

(Look it up, it's canon.)
    • Like x 2
  4. C3alix Committed Player

AYYYYYEEEE!!!!
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And everyone thought that was snow lol
    • Like x 3
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Don’t forget the what appears to be human trafficking going on in one of the other WW missions. Man this episode is really something, huh?
    • Like x 3
  7. Aren Sul Committed Player

True, but he does give quite the jolly laugh afterwards.
    • Like x 1
  8. SparkmanX Committed Player

when you referred to dark I thought you meant that my light claws could do what wolverine does in The Logan movie. But I guess you did not mean that. Pity

In the alert of the universe of Earth three they mention how was the assassinated of the Robin of that dimension
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree.

I've always wanted them to do more like the brother blood mission. That place is awesome, and very frustrating we can't have the same blood and gore in our bases.

My fingers have always been crossed that they would do a Lobo DLC, and include his cigar.

Neither will probably happen, but that's the kind of dark things I would like to see.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ewww.

The smell alone would end up being pretty nasty, but can you imagine how many times you'd have to bathe Teekl or any of the other base pets if they kept running around in that nastiness? :confused:

:D
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It would fit very well in my base. :) I can leave a fan on.
    • Like x 1
  12. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Might be a good idea to check out the Episode Briefs again, the latest ones get dark.

TL;DR version:
    Ultraman talks about Superwoman "Servicing" him
    Ultraman talks about destroying everyone who betrays him, including his Syndicate
    Owlman conspiring against his Syndicate colleagues, especially Ultraman, by destroying all Kryptonite, Beginning development of a yellow solar gun and Monitoring every time superwoman visits Ultramans room
    Superwoman gloating about her control over both Ultraman and Owlman, how they're just there to be used and how no woman can match her
    Johnny laughing about how theres nothing funnier than seeing a kid cry while he "drags" the kids mother around at Mach 5

As for the mood lighting idea, we have to be able to see what we have to attack. It might genuinely be your game settings, I messed around with mine and the panopticon is pretty dark.
    • Like x 1
  13. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

I wonder if anyone remember that Batwoman get kidnapped and then stabbed in a ritual... and that is in the base game...

I still wondering how she survive that stabbing... knife to the chest and missed the heart?
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Heck yeah. Loved that part.
  15. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

Kingdom Come got a teensy bit dark, as I recall.
  16. C3alix Committed Player

THIS! I WANT MORE OF THIS! Give me a feat that purposely lets an entire building full of people catch on fire with no survives!

Naughty Bear got a full T rating and the only difference between that game and Manhunt is the blood was replaced with stuffing! Have any of you played that gem before??
  17. M.R. Thomas Level 30

Right now im F2P but from what i can see E3 is pretty dark.

Open world

You have cops basically mugging civilians to get them to vote for gordon.
    Cops stealing votes.
    Crime on a level that makes normal Gotham City look like Plesantville
    Ultraman randomly zapping people with his heat vision then giving a nice cackle (ok so the sadist in me occasionally lets one get nailed on purpose when you are supposed to save them just to hear the cackle)

Alert & Duo (event)
    Owl man basically using racateering to control gotham.

Raids
    Well lets just face it Ultraman pretty much says do as I say or i will use my super abalites to rip you in half.
    Oh and they do try to send something (brain fart only played them a couple times) to the frequency of our earth to destroy it.

This is just what ive seen from F2P. It isnt as dark as it could be but i have just scratced the surface here and it isnt sunny
    • Like x 1
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I would enjoy some thing involving Constamtine, Zatanna and Boston Brand battling demons from hell along with a few evil mages.. Faust and Klarion spring to mind. A whole Justice league DARK series would be terrific.

Some thing I always wanted to see but still have no clue IF we will ever get it..... One of my favorite zones is the Wasteland. Okay so we had Jeard set up in the cathedral, Jesse in the Knights Dome and Jacob in the Amusement Mile tunnel of love.... How about giving us access to the lairs of the other three brothers? Set up Julius in some thing like a Candy factory, James could be inside what used to be Wayne Enterprise (hey he is the one that LOOKS like a business tycoon), and Jack? Hmmm maybe he'd take over some five star hotel with lots of places to take a nice nap? we could team up with members of the Teen Titans to help stop those three from trying to break daddy free again.... Hey Teen Titans... Young Justice .. Practically the same set of young heroes and later this year we will be seeing season Three of Young Justice FINALLY!

In both cases we get away from battling a bunch of minons in clown face and battling demons from hell instead... decidedly darker
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The villain version she didn't live, or at least they didn't show her surviving it
  20. Earth742 Well-Known Player

I, personally, am all for a Justice League Dark episode, and a Gods and Monsters episode.