Gadgets dps got something fishy going on (EXPLOIT)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I seen a gadget dps spamming a taser and doing INSANE damage. Insane. Call me a hater or whatever but this cheesy glitch needs fixed ASAP
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

o_O not sure what you mean b exploit.. havent seen it.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Taser Pull is a single-target attack. Since it is a single-target attack, it was given a slightly buffed base damage modifier to make it worth using. Taser Pull does "ok" sustained damage if spammed in single-target fights. Gadgets players need to use it in rotation with Heat Vision and Stealth->Surprise Attack to get the best single-target damage for PftT builds. Most other powersets lack a single-target power that works well in rotation with Heat Vision.

If you think an actual exploit is taking place, please share some details. It would also help if you could quantify "INSANE" damage.
    • Like x 6
  4. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean its not go In on. I haven't been beaten on the scoreboard like this by ANY other power. Seriously! I'm a good dps and running Pan E yesterday a gadget dps had me by 5mil by the time we got to the last boss. I'm telling you its something going on. On top of that the dps was spamming one power
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

There maybe something going on, but there isn't enough information contained in your post to investigate/act on any perceived exploits. If you have a video of the run, that would help out a lot. By itself, Taser Pull is doing the appropriate amount of damage under Revamp guidelines.

Gadgets excels at single-target damage when properly positioned. Considering Panopticon Elite features a lot of single-target fights, I would expect Gadgets to do very well there.
    • Like x 6
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

So that's why I see gadget players Spamming Taser Pull over and over. :rolleyes:
    That explains it. ;)

Although in many cases.... that still did not stop me from doing more damage then them... which is why I guess I did not not notice the INSANE damage..... since they did not do that much damage compared to me.

And I play DPS with Controller Gear.... so Spamming Taser Pull really did not seem to do that much damage??
    Guess they were doing it wrong??

All it was to me was some crazy players who could just Spam one power for some reason. :eek:;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I don't have any stone cold eveidence. I created the thread to put the community and devs on notice. Hopefully others will come forward when they see it. I don't know a lot about the gadgets powers but I do know what I seen ain't right. You don't have to believe me but don't try to make me seem like I'm crazy. For all I know you might know exactly what I'm talking about and trying to keep it a secret.
  8. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Bottom line its something going on. I dunno exactly maybe they can raise their might somehow but it is a exploit going on. I run with random ppl all the time. So if y'all just run content with your leagues everyday all day and haven't seen this exploit then do not post.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The next time you see this perceived exploit, make a video of the run and share it with the forum. Having something to review makes life a lot easier for the devs.
    • Like x 3
  10. TestReporter Loyal Player

send it to a dev. Posting videos about exploits in the forums isn't a good way to tell it, and posting videos with another person involved can get you banned (Because it can easily turn into a witch hunt or put the other player in a bad position, even more if the video is fake "not saying any of you posted a fake video").
    • Like x 1
  11. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I do have to agree with Penryn, it's Panopticon. Gadgets performs well on single target. At benchmark, gadgets single target rotation can outperform even elec.

Hopefully you get the chance to run Escape with the same person, then you'll see how it under performs.

Oh and idk if you ever played Gadgets, but Taser/Gauss has 0.5 cooldown at 100 cost, so they're pretty spammable. I'll probably start questioning him/her if the animation is faster than normal.

• Like x 6
  12. Perdition Committed Player

Here we go again :rolleyes: ...
    A guy gets beaten on the scorecard and suddenly that power(person)must have been glitching...
    I can tell u right now, there is nothing wrong with Taser line. It’s pure single target. That’s it. I use it 2x in the same rotation if i need to stay max range. So either u were sleeping while dpsing or the guy u saw was speedhacking or maybe he was just better then you? Perhaps try changing your single target dps rotation. Gadget can easily get 15k/s on single target(easy way is with heatvision, but there are other options aswell)
    • Like x 9
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

With all due respect Penryn, hands down, did more testing on Gadgets for the revamp than anyone else that I saw. He knows that power set like the back of his hand. He's also an honest player that wants everything to just...work, so if there was a glitch that he was aware of he'd be the last person keeping it a secret so that he could take advantage of it. As he said, it excels at single target damage and Pan E is basically one big, single target raid so Gadgets will do very very well in there. Electricity wouldn't do as well there as it would in a raid with lots of big groups of enemies, because Electricity excels in multi target damage.

What power set were you playing, as a matter of interest?
    • Like x 9
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I've been accused of doing the same thing with Fire. Heat Vision -> Absorb Heat

Empowered Channelling Mod: Channeled super powers are no longer Vulnerable to Interrupt, prevent standard control effects, and increase Defense and Toughness by 5% while active.

This Mod affects Sandblast, Ionic Drain, Absorb Heat, Snuff Out, Fear Gas, Photon Blast, Glacier Flash, Avalanche, Freeze Ray, Freezing Breath, Heat Vision, Sonic Shout, Threatening Chainsaw, Minigun, Light Blast, Terrorize, Impaling Thorns, Roar, Bloom, Invocation of Renewal, Final Ruin, Soul Storm, Energy Expulsion, Guardian's Light, Defile, Channel Hate, Chain Gun, Five Barrel Minigun, Particle Gun, Railguns, Rocket Launcher, Small Package and Geiger Beam.

So you can literally just stand there, burn the adds, and not worry about being countered. And since I'm using two powers listed above in a row, that's a lot of continual damage.
    • Like x 2
  15. TestReporter Loyal Player

Well, without evidence this won't go anywhere... There is too much to analyze if they try to find a bug without any video or explanation, and may not be possible even in decades (depending on the bug).
  16. Ekart Committed Player

The problem with such threads is, that mostly 1st don't read the instructions and 2nd don't understand how some powers work and then cry here that something is a glitch or something else.

And to the OP. Boohooo. You weren't first on a scoreboard. Losing is part of life. Get over it and move on.
    • Like x 3
  17. hardlightX2 New Player

Always with the exploits instead of just thinking the player just knows there power I agree though stop chasing the scoreboard and have fun .
    • Like x 4
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Same logic spamming Gauss Grenade against adds?
    • Like x 1
  19. L T Devoted Player

Using Heat Vision to set up the PI for Absorb Heat!?!?!! Gotta be an exploit!
    • Like x 4
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

Does the mod pevent one from getting pulled in by Johnny Quick in Pano ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.