Enough is ENOUGH

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This will be a short rant.

I am *sick* of the ridiculous grind feats. And no, I dont mean feats like killing 1000 monsters (even though those are terrible), I mean the feats asking us to salavge 100+ items and the feats asking us to create 12 mods. These are just as bad as the stupid Time Capsule feats.

In case it's unclear what a *feat* is, I will provide the examples.

Definition of feat (Merriam-Webster)

1 : act, deed
    2 a : a deed notable especially for courage the brave feats of ordinary foot soldiers
    b : an act or product of skill, endurance, or ingenuity

feat (Dictionary.com)
    [feet]
    noun
    a noteworthy or extraordinary act or achievement, usually displaying boldness, skill, etc.:

When was the last time that creating mods or salvaging gear required skill, endurance or was an extraordinary act? The answer is: NEVER. What's worse is that you guys have made it an annoying chore to even acquire what is needed for mods. Changing the material caps to 99 is NOT enough.

Devs, please reconsider the way you add feats to episodes. I would rather have actual feats than whatever it is you would consider salvaging 300 pieces of gear.
    • Like x 8
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

inb4 It's an MMO, long boring repetetive grinding is part of the territory.

Personally, I feel your pain.
    • Like x 1
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I don't mind those kind of feats they're easy and anybody can do them it's just stuff to kill time. I believe it's good to have some hard and easy feats for all kind of players
    • Like x 5
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just make the essences account bound then I wouldn't mind as much. I'd just run the events on my alts and salvage all the gear.
    • Like x 8
  5. jeffmallet Well-Known Player

Salvaging, or rather, obtaining 300 essences is a feat, because you had to run enough content or complete enough missions to gather the equipment you salvaged. Next.
    • Like x 4
  6. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I wish I could like this a thousand times.
    • Like x 2
  7. Davenport Committed Player

It's definitely a hellish grind. Kind of like the collecting exobits feats.
    • Like x 1
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Yeah... No.

Running content without doing anything extraordinary requires no skill. It literally only requires time.

That is not a feat. Next.
    • Like x 3
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I would still mind. Of course your idea would be a huge help but I am against this being considered a feat. It is nothing but a time waster.

Mods dont even help you that much and I'm sure you dont need to salvage 300 times for each episode. Ridiculous.
  10. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

To say mods don't help is not a true statement. They don't make a ton of difference but they do help. But having to craft them for feats is actually the issue. I agree that some of the current things called feats is is pretty silly IMO. Collect 30 base items but wait they need to say Earth 3 or they don't count towards the feat. But hey lets get base items as a reward for finishing the content that doesn't help
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I said "mods don't even help you *that much*." Of course they will give you an advantage. However, that advantage is nowhere near substantial enough to justify the ludicrous grind for them. I agree with the rest of what you said though.
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Stat points should not be an exclusive perk for the “skilled”. Ironically, these “skilled” people ask for a challenge and at the same time ask for any advantage to lessen the challenge.

Grind feats are for everyone. If you don’t want to do them, then don’t.
    • Like x 6
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

While I certainly respect the OP's opinion and desire, I'm afraid I have an opposing viewpoint.

I like the grindy feats. Gives me something to work towards every day.

Ever since the game's launch, there have been Feats that were so easy they couldn't really be considered 'Feats'. Exploration. Collecting Collections and Styles. Breaking out once.

But they're part of the game because not everybody has skill or time or luck or a League. The devs are trying to cater to a million different tastes, so they provide different kinds of feats for different kinds of people. Only the most dedicated will get them all.
    • Like x 5
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Only the most dedicated will have all of those feats...which is an act of endurance, if it wasn't, you would not have written a thread about how much of a chore it is. It takes endurance to bear these chores....hence a feat. :)
    • Like x 7
  15. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

I like the grindy feats. The non tradeable essence materials linked to r and d feats reward those who invest their time and not those who use their wallets.
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Right, cause you can't use replays to get essence faster, no way that can at all be linked to your wallet
    • Like x 3
  17. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Agreed but your not buying any time capsules feats with your replays.
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

True, but I think the reason they aren't tradebale is because it encourages replay usage. I still think essence should be account bound
    • Like x 1
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

I did the generator mods with vindictive essence earned on my main, just finishing this at the end of Riddled With Crime, and as soon as Earth 3 launched, my alt made 10 gear mods with their vindictive essence, and transferred them to my main. Feats done.

Having the same essence for back to back DLCs this time around has mitigated this problem to a large extent, therefore.

With the cost of recovery kits, the bigger issue for me is not getting the benefit of having made the mods. I've only socketed three of those mods so far into pre-existing OP gear.
    • Like x 2
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The affinity bonuses are what I really care for. My main will have the best mods but my alts will only use betas to unlock the bonuses. Mods do give that extra kick needed to fortify your playstyle and performance, but you're right, aren't needed to complete content