I used your services for the first and last time Daybreak Games.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lykan, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The game was and is still currently designed with the PS3 primarily and then it gets optimized for the other consoles/platforms. By dropping PS3 support they can better optimize on the PS4 which means both PC and X-box1 see better optimizations as a result, so it's a win for all parties involved. And since there's one less complicated console involved, it means more resources for the remaining three.

Unfortunately because of business considerations (not technical reasons), Daybreak is not at liberty to allow that sort of transfer. If you're a PSN customer, Sony wants you to keep your account with them...so that ends that, so does the blame on Daybreak.

By January, this game will be 7 years old....quite the run for the PS3. As it is, everyone should know by now that Sony is or has dropped support of the PS3, and production of new units as well. The end is nigh for the PS3.

The good thing is people still have the option of carrying on with their toons on the PS4. It's not expensive like it was when it first dropped, and it doesn't have the issues it had back then. Holiday season is here...now's the time to move on up (or wait till Boxing day and get with it). If you're still paying a sub and buying replays and stuff but say you can't afford to upgrade...I don't know what to tell ya.
    • Like x 6
  2. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Sir I think you are overthinking this. It does say they will focus on optimizing the PS4 but that does not mean they won’t focus on Xbox or PC. They didn’t even say that in the post so idk why you even thought of it that way. Are you incapable of interpretation?
    • Like x 1
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Um ... doesn't using this Forum count as 'using Daybreak services'?
    • Like x 6
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

In the name of Jack Ryder "You are wrong".
    • Like x 4
  6. Shadow Force Committed Player

thx for the chuckle
    • Like x 1
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Nobody said that except your imagination.

There are no servers being shut down, except in your imagination.

There are no servers being shut down.
    Bye.

Except why are you asking questions before saying goodbye? Why would you expect anyone to answer them when you've said you won't be back?
    • Like x 3
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Nobody said any such thing, except in your imagination.

This doesn't make sense. PS3 players are free to use computers, PS4s, or Xboxes as they like. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything except stop using the ps3. In case you hadn't noticed it, Sony shut down their own support for PS3 streaming on their own streaming service.

This also makes no sense. Probably because you apparently know nothing about copyright, which has zip to do with anything here. And the PS3 aging isn't caused by "legal stuff." It's caused by the passage of linear time.
    • Like x 1
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

"Optimizing for PS4" <> "Not optimizing for other platforms", but rather "PS has been lagging behind, let's fix that".

The PS version of DCUO has long been optimized for the PS3 - which means that there has been a long period of time during which the game has *not* been optimised for the PS4.

In other words, to give a consistent, but playable, experience across the PS platforms, it has been impossible to use the full capabilities of the PS4, due to the limitations of the PS3.

That will soon no longer the case, and so DBG are taking the opportunity to deliver a better experience to PS4 users, by optimising the game for the PS4.

The game is already optimised on the client-side for PC (ad-hoc), XBox, and PS3. In the future, it will be optimised on the client-side for PC, XBox, and PS4.

Mostly this will, presumably, make use of the PS4's APU and 8GB of RAM over the PS3's 256MB RAM / 256MB Graphics RAM.
    • Like x 1
  10. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

If u havent noticed, u cant migrate your account from plataform to plataform. However if the migration has to happen why force on you the ps4. Not everyone has a ps4 and so, i doubt u would be very happy to had brought a full year menbership so then you need to buy a new ps4 console. Well, we all know u may be rich or u live on someone's basement, but must people have brains over cash and so like i said, allowing the ps3 players to choose their next plataform would be the right thing to do.
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Uhm....the pc and Xbox aren't the PS3..... Stop complaining and telling a private business what to di because you dont have 400 dollars
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

PS4 is simply an upgraded PS3, quite a few people have already upgraded themselves by getting a PS4 and had no problems using their PS3 account on it, you are very much correct in that you can not migrate your account from platform to platform, but the PS4 is not a different platform, that's like saying you can't go from a Desktop Tower to a Laptop

As others have said, the PS3 is gone, or about to be, some of us have been saying that for over a year, if you were too stubborn (or stupid) not to take heed then that, is on you!
    • Like x 3
  13. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Woah, may have to download dc again if they update the game for PS4.
    • Like x 1
  14. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I feel like this thread is bait and going to end in disaster...
    • Like x 2
  15. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I have been playing since launch, so I spent a lot of time playing on the PS3. By the time the PS4 was released, DCUO was very nearly UNPLAYABLE on the PS3. And that was YEARS ago. I can only imagine how it runs on the older system now. The game has simply gotten too demanding of resources to be viable on the older system.

In order for the game to move forward (just my opinion) it is sound judgement to drop support for the PS3.
    • Like x 4
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I switched to PS4 shortly after revamp. Instances such as Ultimate Soldier and Hand of Fate DLC are almost unplayable.
    • Like x 2
  17. Swamarian Committed Player

The PS4 is a completely different hardware architecture from the PS3. It's an upgrade only insofar as they share PSN account information, so in DCUO you can go from one to the other seamlessly.
    To the OP, they were writing to PS3 users, so obviously they were talking about focusing on the PS4 rather than the PS3. Furthermore, the PS4 architecture is similar to both the PC and XBOne, so many improvements to one would benefit all three.
    The game is actually developed on the PC and then ported to other platforms.
    • Like x 4
  18. Fission Active Player

They still support PS3? I thought they'd already dropped it lol
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You mean it hasn't gotten there yet?
    • Like x 2
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Let me make this as clear as possible for you...PSN (Sony) forces you to stay on a PSN account, hence why you can only go to the PS4. They (Sony) won't contractually allow the transference to another platform. It is NOT a technical issue, it is a CONTRACTUAL issue. Get it yet???? It's a dead issue that everyone needs to let go of. No amount of debate or forum uproar changes that....period!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.