About Earth 3's Change To The Superman Model

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Disruptor Well-Known Player

The reason is more due to real world concerns than artistic desires. IIRC DC might lose or have lost the rights to the Superman suit and it has reverted or will revert back to the Sigel and Shuster families. I am not sure, but I think this is the real reason for the costume change
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That sucks, butt they could at least have had an in-world reason for the change instead of hoping the fans wouldn't notice, or expect the casuals to know the behind-the-scenes-crap
  3. Mister Der New Player

I would like to see some variety, to reflect the Multiverse that DC brags about so much. All Supermen can exist here, as do the different incarnations of Lex Luthor.
  4. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

I really dont like the new Superman model... he look like Kal-L from earth 2.. he look old...
  5. Swiftduck Loyal Player

ikr, twitter is for twits
  6. Exostorm Well-Known Player

[IMG]

I'm so sorry... I saw an opportunity and couldn't resist.

But seriously, I can understand the nostalgia of "classic" Superman. But the first playthrough of the duo made it crystal clear just much the character models are in desperate need of design and graphic updates (not just the Trinity, ALL of the characters). I'm perfectly okay with then using Rebirth as a reference for those updates. Hell, Batman's new design is already in the game (the anniversary statue), so that might be next.
  7. Silver Fox New Player

Am I the only one who completely hates the classic look of every character in the game? I've been thinking that they should update the look of every character in the game for a long time now. The rebirth and new 52 design of almost every character are great, except obviously for Lobo... But besides him everyone else looks better with their new look.
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

New 52 didn't last long, because nearly everyone hated the redesigns

The major problem with this crap change, is SuperOdo's face
    • Like x 1
  9. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

the only thing I like from New 52 is Wonder Woman, the silver and red with black actually look very nice.... everyone else is kinda meh.. i especially dislike 52 Superman and Supergirl
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No.... it is a pretty popular thing to hate the Classics sadly.

There always was some people who hated the Classics..... but for about.... 15 years??? it's been more and more popular to hate anything Classic. :( Classic Movies.....Classic music..... and ESPECIALLY Classic comics. :(

Heck.... not just to hate anything Classic.... but to go as far as to destroy those Classics. :(
    And sadly...... too often they will destroy the Classics.... but they will not replace them with anything substantial.

Man of Steel is a recent example of destroying a Classic character like Superman.....
    and trying to replace Superman with a very.... very shallow version of the character sadly. :(

The NU52 is another example of destroying Classics and replacing them with a very shallow version.

With Rebirth they tried to bring back some of the Classics that they destroyed.... but they did only half the job.
    Somehow... they did not want to go all the way.

Why would they not want to go all the way??
    Because the people behind Rebirth are mostly the same people that was behind the NU52.
    So they don't want to destroy some of their own "brilliant" ideas they had with the NU52.
    Also.... backtracking all the way to before the NU52 would have been pretty much an admission of failure.....
    so to save face they only backtracked about halfway.
    So they tried to keep as much of the NU52 as they could..... and tried to bring back just enough "Classics" to appease Classic fans.

So... sadly... no you are not alone. :(
    • Like x 1
  11. Silver Fox New Player

I never said that I hated the classic stories, characters or any of that, I like them a lot, what I don't like is their costumes, almost all of them to be honest, that's why I'm happy they finally decided to update the characters looks in the game.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Well you said you hated the classic looks of the characters.

Was just saying you are not alone.
    Those who destroyed the characters and their stories....
    I can guarantee you they probably hated the classic looks more then you ever could. ;)

So was just saying... you are not alone. ;)

Sorry for the confusion. :oops:
  13. Silver Fox New Player

Don't worry it's probably my fault :v