Time Capsule gear bug

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Samuiel, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

Was happy to see u guys listen with making the johnny quick gear the drop gear. But then ya go and do this. Its always 1 step forward 2 steps back. And no one is going to convince me this is a good thing. I dont buy for 1 second this was done because of the situation with that other game that was very public this past week either.

Im curious about the feedback. I look at these forums daily and i dont ever remember seeing a single person asking for this to be changed. We have seen many people ask for feats to be removed from TCs. Where is that change? Remove the 1 feat but not all the the others? :confused: Reading through this read its pretty obvious the feedback on this is overwhelming so far. I would really like someone to point me in the direction of the "mixed feedback" on this topic.

And how many times now is something going to be changed and somehow its left out of update notes, streams, etc? Its not the 1st time this has happened. This has functioned this way for the past year so obviously changing it would be something the players should be informed of.

The only reason i can see that this was changed is to get players to replay for the vendor gear to then get OP collections. It also hinders the people who would buy TC gear to get the feat and then sell OP collections ingame to make money to then buy future TC items off the broker. It also adds a longer grind to getting the OP items.

If this is the trade off for the change to the johnny quick gear well i say change it all back. Players who replay can now make more ingame money while the players who dont replay have now lost basically the #1 way to make money ingame. The auto renewal for my sub was just turned off because this game does nothing but disappoint me now by making changes no one asked for all in the name of the almighty dollar.
    • Like x 11
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

To encourage people to buy and use Replay Badges. :(
    • Like x 3
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I'm a little disappointed by this. Game is truly pay to win. It'll take a lot of replay badges to get all the vendor gear then you need to do it all over again for a chance to get the OP collections to drop. They hardly ever drop. This results in people using the broker which is overpriced to get the OP Collections. This created too many Billionaires in the game.

I'll never pay over 50-400 million for a mere collection. You guys should really limit the prices on the broker to under 150 million at least.
    • Like x 4
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yep, I waited for the Time Capsules to drop. I logged in and asked Agent if the Time Capsules would unlock the OP Collection feat and he told me no with a frown face. :(
    • Like x 4
  5. MrPlumberman Active Player

I don't believe in the "accidently" part. Anything that involves money is carefully thought out and planned. Y'all knew you were making this change and intentionally left us out. That's fine. Remove all feats in time capsules and op items. Otherwise you need to start advertising your game as pay to win.
    • Like x 5
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There only possible reason I can think of for this is that they don't think it solves our complaints about high prices items on the broker (from TCs at least). Because this devalues the TC gear, so there broker proceed for it should go down. Unfortunately, gear isn't the only thing in TCs, and it definitely isn't the worst offender cost wise on the broker either.

I guess if I stretch just a little, maybe this is a test of some sort. Think of it this way, they got rid of one feat attached to TCs (it may still be in game, but no longer associated with a TC). If it doesn't affect TC sales too much, maybe they will start actually having TCs without feats. Yeah, that's a quite a bit of a stretch.
  7. MrPlumberman Active Player

Doubtful. They sacrificed a small amount of profit in stabilizers to maximize their profit in replay badges. They know people will still chase the capsule for feats and to make money on the broker.
    • Like x 2
  8. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

There has been several changes recently with no warning or announcements. This is just another one to add to the list. If they truly increased the drop rate for the collections then at least we got something out of it. Maybe it will help the price for those to drop too.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Well u are correct that in almost every TC the gear is nowhere near the most expensive item. Its usually an aura or a material. Earlier on the broker i saw the wings of sin going for 120 million. Was the only 1 up there. That item was 75-100 million when it was the current TC. Its even higher now.
    • Like x 2
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I guess I meant to say only other reason. Trying to not think of the devs as the sick sadistic vultures that they have shown themselves to be over the last year. But they can change, right...
    • Like x 3
  11. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Mepps, this is a public relations own goal.
    • Like x 1
  12. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Absolute garbage decision.
    • Like x 7
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

lol
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We made the change for a couple of reasons, and we're talking about a few different things here.
    • There has been feedback that shortcutting the OP collection grind via time capsules seemed unfair or undercutting the fun of playing DLCs in the past.
    • There was frustration around this feat with the last time capsule not launching on the same day as the DLC.
      • This cut both ways, but players mostly noted the OP grind was "extended" because it could not be immediately shortcutted with the time capsule gear.
    • The OP collection grind has been completely recalculated and shortened for this DLC, such that shortcutting shouldn't be as desirable or as needed.
      • Once you get the feat, getting the collections is much faster. We will continue to review feedback on this for future DLCs (separate from the time capsule).
    • Time Capsule sentiment overall has been generally anti-things that are not fully cosmetic. There is obviously a wide range of opinions and disagreements here. This was one such thing that as not fully cosmetic that made sense to remove, based on the above and on that overall sentiment.
    I understand that many assumed the TC gear would grant the OP feat, and agree that we should have clearly messaged the change in the preview, not with launch-day messaging.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.