Time Capsule gear bug

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Samuiel, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Apparently they meant half as long once you've got the vendor set. So in reality, ignore the first 5 weeks, then it will take half as long...
    • Like x 4
  2. Celestial Powers Committed Player

The assumption of getting the Syndicate Sense feat is through every time capsule providing the feat which unlocks OP collections, the fact that this change wasn't communicated at all and now you're saying that it was intentional leads to a perception of extremely shady business tactics being done here.

I'm sure many people would have not purchased stabilizers if they knew this was the case. And what about the people who spent millions to buy the pieces off the broker? Shame on them for trying to complete something which has been the case for every single time capsule/episode release to date.

How would you expect the average DCUO player to figure this out? Trade Chat?

This is honestly unacceptable. But then again we should expect it by now, there's always a catch-22 when it comes to complying to player demand.
    • Like x 12
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This isn't meant only towards you. Am I seriously seeing multiple posts with people upset that the current feat to get the collections to drop was not tied to the TC? This is a good this people. TC should not have anything to do with a DLC or feats associated with said DLC.

Bravo devs! This is a stop in the right direction. The backlash Star Wars is having with EA is a good indication that pay to win won't be tolerated. The company that makes the game Battlefront lost 2 points off its stocks this week. Not to mention the gambling questions that have been brought up by some countries.

This is a good move fellow players. Read between the lines.
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I actually have no problem with the change in principle, but some of us are feeling very ripped off because we weren’t clearly told and we wasted money because of it.
    • Like x 6
  5. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Breaking a pattern with no announcement, extending the grind much, much further and then acting like it was an oversight to not mention this?

Sorry but I can't buy what you're selling.
    • Like x 8
  6. Harlequin Devoted Player

This should help drive the cost of this gear down on the broker.
    • Like x 4
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not really. There was nothing on the gear that said you wouldn't the credit for all eight. Pretty sure all other gear has this.

Not saying it's a crappy thing, but at some point, people have to be expected to read.
    • Like x 2
  8. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I think it's great that the TC gear is no longer a shortcut for the DLC collections. That said, it really should have been made clear BEFORE the time capsule dropped...
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's just it. With the removal of these items, and the supposed change to the drop rate. It shouldn't be an issue, except to those that wanted it on day one.

It was a bad habit they started last year, and I'm very glad it's over.
    • Like x 3
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

I expect they didn't consider the impact on stabilizer sales in making this change.

It will be fixed for the next TC, if not retroactively for this one.

Confucious say: he who put cork in golden goose backside no fill belly with golden egg
    • Like x 2
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You don’t know that the gear doesn’t give the feat until you have it. By that point I’d already bought the stabilisers.
    • Like x 3
  12. Heywiar Committed Player

They always find a way to twist their words.
    • Like x 6
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Not really. There's a history of mistakes and certain mechanics being forgotten. It's not on the players that they assumed the TC gear would grant the feat.
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

You wouldn't be if the thing with the TC gear grating the feat was never a thing. But it's okay. It's just the "it has always been that way"-argument that bugs me.
    If they've never had implemented this thing I bet there wouldn't be a single thread demanding the feat off of TC gear.
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Again another change of something taken away from the players (that the players didn't want to happen or didn't ask for) that you didn't give the players warning for beforehand.

Making sub-capsules untradeable for.......some reason. And then refusing to make them tradeable again for.......some reason.
    Removing base inventory even though some of us actually use that.
    And now this.

Ugh.
    • Like x 3
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Did you check after purchasing the cheapest of the TC pieces (probably waist) if the Syndicate Sense points were listed on the item? Or did you just purchase the whole thing right away? I feel for you if it was the latter. Though I don't if it was the first case.
    • Like x 2
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not the wisest decision made by you guys. Have fun watching more people skip the OP pieces all together, playing the game less and more casually because why bother with the grind and oh, I'm fairly sure less people will even bother with the Time Capsules thanks to this change aswell.
    • Like x 4
  18. blazingevac New Player

So were not suppose to get the new OP pieces before the next DLC without replay badges? This is a load of crap! This feat was my only reason to buying stabilizers but now that it is removed, i wont buy ANY stabilizers.
    • Like x 5
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Thanks for one of the more reasonable posts here, 9001BPM. I mean it.
    • Like x 1
  20. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I was looking forward to the syndicate feat :(
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.