Survival mode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cyro, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Cyro Committed Player

So we all knew survival mode would be delayed with stats coming out but - i would have thought it would have been released by now. Anyone else miss it? Any word on when oan will be coming out?
    • Like x 1
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont miss it for the simple fact that nothing w/in SM changes except the style rewards seem to get worse. We need a new SM or bosses, mechanics, and base items all need to change in the existing SMs. The last time it was up was FoS and i never even bothered stepping foot in there.

But if there was a new SM or existing stuff would change then im all for it. I used to run SM a ton before. But it ended up getting stale the 3rd time around with each map.
  3. Backblock Well-Known Player

Why should Survival Mode come out when its going to be made into a complete joke due to all of the speedhackers running around?
    • Like x 4
  4. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

We need an open entry policy
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

HH would have been before your Oan request anyway but I think they plan something completely different in mind.

Tbh. I don't miss it, its super quiet and relaxing since Revamp. Atm. no required gear chase just to have the actual potencial to participate in it on approriate levels like in the past where they released content designed for 3 or more months to aquire a full set of gear and then not even a month later SM came out that required to farm those months broken down under a single one. Was always a bad designed concept and rewarded replay spammers over skilled players.

Speedhackers tried to beat high rounds in the past. Never came they close to what actual good groups were capable of. The health of the bosses in SM will still require to understand the mechanics to a degree and able to execute them and we know that ppl that rely on such software are far below that capabilities (hence why they use them and mostly still fail). It is enough for a random elite raid since they became a replay-joke anyway (ep30 included even after buff) but SM is a complete different beast.
  6. Ully Committed Player

I love SM and I miss it. I'd like to see new maps, new boss fights and I think the next series of SM's should include environment/room mechanics. However, I think before we discuss the possibility of new SM maps, I think the game needs to get its house in order. As others have mentioned, there are still powers that are not performing as well and I think other play-styles could benefit from buffs.
    • Like x 2
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

I highely doubt we will ever see another SM. Much less any kind of new map.
  8. Davenport Committed Player

I've never done Survival, but I'd love to take a shot now that I'm actually in the ballpark of the level range it'd require now. I don't care about the content so much as want a shot at the base items. Love the base items. :D
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

so you must have several survivor titles for beating sm?
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

also, why all the complaints about speedhackers lately? do your part in this forum community.....click the "click here" at the bottom of my signature and help get rid of these speedhackers that devalue this game.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Ok lets be realistic here. Roughly 50 players have done that. And beating all 20 rounds has nothing to do at all with what i said in my post. But for the record i dont want to spend hours in those high teen rounds using only orbitals to kill adds. That isnt fun whatsoever. Kinda pointless too when ya think about it considering its not linked to progression in any way. And beating all 20 rounds is not going to make it suddenly exciting again, not when each time SM comes around nothing changes.
    • Like x 1
  12. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I'm glad it's not out. While I would have liked to have seen what it was like after the revamp, I'm not THAT curious about it. Playing the same maps, the same bosses, the same locations, it gets old, fast.

I'd be more excited if we had a new location, new bosses, new adds, some kind of different mechanic rather than it stopping at 20. It was never supposed to have a stopping point. I wish we could go back to what the first year of SM was, maybe mixed in with the progress points of the current SM's and then just something that didn't end, which allowed you to keep pushing.

For now, I really hope it doesn't come back unless it has some major changes. I like not having to rush to get my gear or to sit and form these groups, then spend countless hours in there.

I'd honestly like to see something other than SM. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with WoW, but their Mythic Dungeon system is something I'd love to see brought to DC. That's something that I think would appeal to a lot more people rather than SM.
    • Like x 2
  13. Davenport Committed Player

I kind of wish they always had a Survivor active, just switching them out here and there, like the PvE events.
  14. High Troller Loyal Player

Just to let you know, the rounds I've been too weren't from glitches, speed hacks, orbit strikes, etc. Orbit strikes don't clear out enough damage on adds in higher rounds.

Just because you don't like SM, doesn't mean others can find ways to enjoy it. Your point in saying SM is pointless is far from valid.
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It does nothing to improve your over all character. So yes, it is valid to say SM is pointless.

Maybe if you ran the first SM, not sure if you did or not. You'd see why most don't care about it anymore. They dummied it down so people could get trinkets and styles. Plus, please don't go on about SM being beaten straight up. I'm sure it is, but plenty will change to do it the easy way. One SM was ruled by quantum, because of the tunneling. The last was ruled by mental dps. All of which were powers that were not performing correctly or giving an edge that it shouldn't have.

I could care less if SM is around. Just release it. Problem is, new DLC is out. People will be on the grind rather than worry about SM. Next month would probably be better.
  16. Davenport Committed Player

Survival isn't pointless so long as there are items limited only to those runs. Sure, the base items don't give feats, but working on your base is a perfectly valid area of the game.
  17. SixxxEx New Player

I PRAY EVERYDAY THEY BRING BACK SCIENCELLS SURVIVAL yes for the base items and the cool outfits and title i mean really guys the those base items are SO IMPORTANT for any lanterns home or any lantern leagues hall PLEASE BRING IT BACK IF ONLY FOR A MONTH
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

My experience with SM is listed in my signature.

I ran the first two SMs on USPS as a mental troll. That was before weapon mastery. The last two years of SMs i ran on US server via PC made me a better tank.

I guess I agree to disagree with you.

You are not forced to run SM, and I'm glad you could careless. They didn't dumb down SM to the point where round 20 is beatable by everyone, so really I fail to see your point why it is not a challenge. To me..... Winning is beating..... Winning isn't about small pets...... Winning is getting a large pet.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

SM may return in the future, but right now our difficult-content focus is on improving elite content and really making sure mechanics and fights are on point in the releasing episodes. I don't have any more detail to share right now.
  20. Mazahs Loyal Player

Ughh SM
    Spending hours in a rehashed instance to get pets

Yaaaaaay /yawn
    • Like x 1