Why can't we have a voice?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Nov 15, 2017.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Idea that came to me. Obviously we go to all these epic story lines and get to fight along and listen to all these iconics as they instruct us and battle with us. But why not hire a voice actor for both male and female and start giving us a voice in battle and in the cutscenes. It doesn't need to be anything crazy in depth.

I just think it would be cool if we had a voice and we actually got to talk back to all these iconics in the cutscenes. Our mouths don't even need to be animated. Heck they dont even need to hire anyone just let SJ and mepps do the little voice overs. Just a generic voice for male and female characters everyone gets. I think it would add a whole new level of immersion and it doesn't seem like a huge stretch that it could be implemented but who knows.
    • Like x 2
  2. Megzilla Developer

$$$$$$$$$$$$
    • Like x 1
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Does that mean it would cost too much? Lol
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Imagine your own voices. My characters are not Americans but they would be if they were given voices by the game.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah. Entirely new tech that would allow toon voice modification would need to be implemented, which I'm sure would cost loads.

Haven't had enough time capsules yet
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah have been for 6 years. Just thought it would be new and cool.
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I mean all it would be in my mind is just a voice over with our characters standing there. Nothing customized on our end. But it is what it is.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hear you, but ultimately it would either stifle creativity for the player and/or be insanely complicated and expensive to implement.
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah guess i didn't think of that. Maybe have an option to turn on and off. Either way. Just having some fun.
  10. Swamarian Committed Player

Voice actors are a major expense. Assuming that you have 4 voices per gender (old, young, flirty, serious) that means you have to record every line of dialog 8 times. There are games that do that, like Saints Row 4, but it's a major expense. (And with a MMO, with new episodes rolling out regularly, it becomes a regular expense.)
  11. Saturn Girl Committed Player

That's so nice in MY upon.
    There can just be a same voice for all character voiced by a same person and we choose it volume, gender, loud and...
    I've always become sad when my characters hands or lips move but there Is no voice.
    Maybe there can be some Talk Actions, such as saying Hello when we see our League Mate or Friends, or Goodbye or some simple conversations and some request like "Help, or, Come over, Over Here, Look, Scape, Run and...)
    If there is not going to be conversations with Vendors or in videos with the game's characters such Superman or anything like that or takes long to record sound for last in game content, maybe the talk actions be possible.
  12. xenothelm Active Player

Guild Wars 2 and Dragon Age do this pretty well but again it's a major expense to have to record the same lines across multiple genders/voice types
  13. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

It means they're too cheap of a company to introduce a feature a lot of newer games have that brings so much more life into the game (at least the basics such as battle shouting), and "most importantly" wouldn't grab earn them any cash
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

Oh yes I love the idea, I don't know how much my voice will fit my own characters but I will land it for free lol