Book of Oa/Parallax:Ultimate Light Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by dr strangeonline, Mar 8, 2015.

1. L T Devoted Player

Start with movement and whatever weapon combos you absolutely need to have.

For DPS light is simple: superpowered; grab your crits and then put everything into might/power.

For trolling get the power crits instead then about 2:1 vitalization: power/might.

You can't really do both well without an armory anymore.
    • Like x 1
  2. Davenport Committed Player

Any preferred Iconic Powers to go with it?
  3. L T Devoted Player

Not really for hard light. You could grab super strength for things like picking up the barrels in US, or neo venom boost for melee rotations. I guess HL shield could fit into melee centric DPS load outs also.
  4. Davenport Committed Player

Ah, alright.
    Damn these changes. They kind of make the 6 stacks of Precision boosting sodas I kept on hand a bit superfluous at this point, lol. Good thing they're cheap to make.
  5. Davenport Committed Player

Hey, is it normal that my character seems a hell of a lot weaker than before?
  6. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Because your damage numbers aren't as large? You aren't weaker, exactly, just that numbers have been lowered across the board. Damage out is lower, but that's true for enemies as well. The old baseline for "good DPS" won't be met at this time. You'll have to establish a new one, and I can't give a good idea of that is...turrible DPS.

The same is true for Healers and Controllers as well. Resto/Vit numbers were flattened as well.
    • Like x 1
  7. Davenport Committed Player

No, it's not that. I haven't been able to do much at the moment since I'm waiting on a wireless adapter so that I can play with my preferred controller style on my laptop (Microsoft sucks for wired controllers). Anywho, since I can't play as well with a keyboard and mouse, and the fact I don't know the new skill situation yet, I haven't bothered to restart membership and have been trying to learn the changes instead.

Alright, I wasn't exactly the strongest player in the game before, but I could slap any Wanted around effortlessly, with or without using power, be it CC or regular. Now, however, just regular Metropolis / Gotham wanteds are putting up a fight. o_O

Edit:
    Turns out I can handle CC wanteds too (hadn't tried since the tip I was given on skills), but man, it took so much longer. o_O
  8. Saybro Committed Player

I do all 3 hand claps as the 2nd is usually the lowest of the 3. And I used to do the pull of grasping hand but now its just combo grasp clipped with power ram.
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

Your best damage out put for single target is: Ram (p) - Snap Trap (c) - Snap Trap (p), Fan (c), Grasping Hand (p) - Grasping Hand Pull (c) - Hand Clap (p) - Grasping Hand (c)...repeat rotation twice hit Chompers or LW.

(super-power hungry) So you better have a troller like Farm3rb0b, or better yet 2!

Range single target PI HC (p) HC (c) x2 clip HC (p) you can do this like 3 times or cos before re-apllying PI
    (This DOES NOT hit as hard as above, but with energized HC mod it's still pretty good and has decent power back)

Range multi -target: PI Ram (p) - Fan (c) clip Ram (p) Do this until PI wears off, rinse and repeat.
    Melee you have some options: PI- Ram (p) Whip (c) Whip (c) clip Ram if adds are spread out or PI CS (p) CS (c)x3 clip CS (p)
    My personal favorite melee is PI - Whip (p) Whip (c) clip LW (for 4hits) LW (c) clip whips (c) whips clip whips (c) whips clip LW

You you will need (2) armories if you want to do all of these. Or move powers in tray when going to bosses in cut scenes.
    Personally I forgo the UBER big boy single target and use: PI HC (p) HC (c) x2 clip HC (p) / Range Multi I use: PI Ram (p) - Fan (c) clip Ram (p) and melee: PI - Whip (p) Whip (c) clip LW (for 4hits) LW (c) clip whips (c) whips clip whips (c) whips clip LW
    If you use these combos and clips appropriately there isn't many DPS out there that you can't hang with or top if you are clipping fast enough. You'll know when doing it right if you see the damage from the (c) parts of rotations, but never actually see them.
    • Like x 1
  10. Streven Dedicated Player

Everything that was originally designed as group content was tuned to encourage running with a group in the revamp.
  11. Davenport Committed Player

Wanteds were originally supposed to be group content?

And eh, the tweak has scewed with more than that. I guess it's a good thing for me I mostly just play for the sake of screwing around with bases, but still.
  12. CassUV Well-Known Player

About Weaponization, if I spec it, it will increase the light weight when I throw away it and hit an enemy?.
  13. L T Devoted Player

I believe it does. At least it did with Fire's meteor. Super strength is your friend.
  14. Davenport Committed Player

Out of curiosity, how would you guys place your SP for a Light DPS if you had 200 SP? I'm still working on getting more SP, but that's about what I'm currently at.
  15. Mazahs Loyal Player

Superpower -1 / Weapon -1 / Innates -60 / Iconics Neo Venom -1 / Might and Power -137
  16. Mazahs Loyal Player

It will for the throw but honestly its not really gonna make any difference.
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Sorry if it's already been discussed but has anyone tried Might/Power mods?
  18. Saybro Committed Player

Can we get this fixed please. Been a bug since the revamp. The issue was already reported but has not been looked at.

When p.i is applied, the initial chainsaw hit does not register any damage....at all.

Sorry for the music...I don't do this kind of stuff but it is annoying.
    • Like x 2
  19. Saybro Committed Player

Anyway to tag a dev to bring attention to this?
  20. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

If anyone having trouble with dpsing please send me a dm and I’ll help out

I have never been out dpsed so HL is beast if u KNOW. what ur doing