Please get rid of factions or make all instances cross faction capable.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Surtur, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Surtur Well-Known Player

I challenge any dev to queue T1& T2 instances at CR from villain faction and then give honest feedback on the length of your Q's.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was said they were going to extend Suicide Squad/Task Force X to early On Duty instances.
    • Like x 2
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

I have suggested this on the Survey to be applied in 2018. Let's see what will happen. T1-T4 content.
    • Like x 3
  4. BumblingB I got better.

When cross faction was first added, classic game content was included on test. When it hit live, they didn't and only included DLC content instances. Operations make sense, but it's kind of BS that they removed the classic game stuff.
    • Like x 3
  5. Surtur Well-Known Player

I could have sworn that is what I remembered on test and when it went live I was like.....Was in a dream or did things just get changed for no good reason?
  6. BumblingB I got better.

They never really gave an explanation.
  7. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Nope, but Captain Obvious mentioned why only paid for content was included. ;)
  8. Surtur Well-Known Player

I really never understood why DCUO could not understand that if new players cannot play within instances and have a good time while playing that the new players will go elsewhere. Old customers eventually leave for some reason or another. New customers are what keeps businesses afloat.
    • Like x 1
  9. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Day 1 - "please devs get rid of factions'
    Day 3 - "yay no more factions, look at all these queues and styles"
    Day 5 - "why cant i access the Hall of Doom"
    "no, me first, why cant i access the Watchtower"
    Day 7 - "why do they get a feat for that style, but i didnt"
    Day 9 - "i dont want to see these ex-villains in my neighborhood'
    Day 11 - "the chat box is flying by at the speed of light, theres too many people"
    Day 13 - " what the hell devs why would you remove factions"
    Day 15 - "as usual devs are stupid and cant do what we ask"
    Day 17 - "omg i miss being a hero/villain"
    Day 19 - Factions return
    Day 21 - new player "omg why are there factions, remove them!"
    Day 23 - "i made a guy toon, can you let me change him to a girl?"

Devs:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. Saami Loyal Player

No. You missed the point.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

On the nose ^
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

they should just remove factions and add a morality system where you can possibly fluctuate between hero and villain or constantly be an anti hero.

Do good deeds, lean more toward being a hero

push people off buildings and rob banks you lean towards the villain side.

It would be pretty cool, i think
    • Like x 5
  13. Tekwash Level 30

if they remove factions, which is pretty much necessary now as hod is nearly empty day/night, (I play till real late)
    perhaps they could change things around in the way as either watch tower or hod only accessible after a certain cr range

also, they might as well just scrap pvp phase, ever since they took the choice out at character creation, they destroyed the phase and rendered it a ghost town

low cr uses WT as a HQ
    high cr uses HOD ...or vice versa

at this point it really doesn't matter as im in a number of cross faction custom channels anyway
    and with all that server space free perhaps they could bring some life to pvp, or expand some open world zones
  14. Surtur Well-Known Player

LOL, They already do this...

Some people always complain no matter what. There's no denying that but...............
    There's nothing wrong with trying to help the games population as a whole.
  15. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

In the survey I suggested a stat clamp Legend PVE. I also suggest a few other things in there that I forgot. :(
    • Like x 1
  16. Surtur Well-Known Player

17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

They know... Im sure they already have a beta to roll out, but every business has a schedule.

They were most likely told "Let's release X first, then this, they'll love item stacking! Next is.... "
    • Like x 1
  18. Surtur Well-Known Player

That would be awesome. :D It reminds me of the old D&D days when you picked an alignment and if you did too many things out of your alignment you would have to role for alignment changes.
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I use PvP phase for many reasons. And im just 1 person, obv...
    • Like x 1
  20. Tekwash Level 30

While I do enjoy ganking heroes, it's just an empty shell of what it was
    Kind of defeats the purpose of an mmo if you're the lone soul wandering Gotham/metropolis
    Even the gold spammers don't tread pvp phase