SLOW DOWN.... please.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Multiverse, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi guys,

It is nice that people are playing older missions once more.
    Sadly..... it reminds us the ugly side of playing DCUO in groups most of the time. :(

Please.... slow down a bit when you go back to play older missions.

A) STOP skipping adds.
    I see many people who TRY to skipp adds and who are terrible at it.

Toooooo often... they often don't even do a good job skipping adds.

Toooooo often they don't skip adds.They actually drag a small army of adds behind them.... then get overwhelmed fighting 20+ adds at once.

So STOP skipping adds.... most of you guys are terrible at it anyway.

Is it that hard to take a few extra seconds to defeat the adds???
    Also you can get Nth Metal from adds....so.... even more reason to actually defeat the adds??

B) DON'T kill bosses too quick.
    I see people who want to burn bosses too quick.... and end up glitching the bosses.

The best example of that is Ra's Al Ghul.

If you defeat him too quick the first time you face him.....
    the mission will glitch.....
    then Ra's will not transform into his second form and we can no longer target him.....
    and then we need to wipe and do it again.

So take your time burning the bosses.
    An extra 30 seconds fighting the boss will not kill you.

Heck.... when you glitch him...... it takes more then 30 seconds to wipe and reset the mission.

C) If we need to wipe to reset the mission...... TAKE OFF YOUR GEAR.

When the boss glitches and we need to wipe to reset the mission......
    makes no sense for someone to keep his gear on and take 10+ minutes to wipe.

If you have 200+CR and must wipe VS a CR 30 Boss.... TAKE OFF YOUR GEAR.
    Not sure why that even needs to be mentioned.

You see idiots who burn the Boss too quick to try to finish the mission 30 seconds faster....
    but then take 10 minutes to wipe because they are too much an idiot to take off their gear to wipe faster.

They tried to save 30 seconds..... but end up wasting 10+minutes.

Makes no sense. :rolleyes:

Yeah.... most people will never read this..... but if just a few do read this.... it will be a start.

Should have made a video........ but it will take a bit of time to get the footage needed.
    So.... a post is the first step.... the video will come later. ;)
    • Like x 24
  2. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I'm sure there are ppl who will read this, say "you're right", then proceed to do everything wrong you just mentioned.
    • Like x 5
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Most likely. ;) ;)
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea already seen a few pugs doing this kinda stuff. Ive even tried to tell people in LoA to not attack ras or burn em quick and they do it anyways. Instead of nth metal dropping can it be brain cells instead? :p
    • Like x 6
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

B) and C) are good advice.

A) comes across as fairly patronising and preachy. I just hope one day I can be as good as the OP is at skipping adds.
    • Like x 2
  6. Capitaine Courage Active Player

I guess somebody went to farm some catalyst yesterday, and it didn't turn good ^^
  7. krytine Loyal Player

Most might just say daaaaaa which way did he go
    • Like x 1
  8. hoaxone Committed Player

Lol

While reading the OP I was thinking this guy is prob gonna make a video out of this too..

Then at the end

He says

He was

Amazing.
    • Like x 2
  9. Capitaine Courage Active Player

I don't really know the DCUO's Youtubo-Twitcho-Streamo-Sphere, but from what I understood and by visiting his channel, he does videos about basically absolutely everything he does in game, right ?
    Well, if he finds his fun like that, why not, as long as he doesn't spam it everywhere, more power to him.

Fortunately there is an option to not display people's signatures and that's a godsend, cause I must say I find it quite annoying to see more gifs and videolinks and whatever crap than actual messages on this forum.
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did not farm..... just played the mission.
    I do have a lot of characters though. ;)
  11. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

My league mates and I have just been using walk-ins so far. Most seem to be up to it since catalysts are tradable :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Capitaine Courage Active Player

Yes, that was just to stress the fact that suddendly yesterday, the queue for League of Assasin's stronghlod never went so fast since a long time ... And was packed with high CR players.
    No need to ask why ;-)

But it shows at least that the system, as an incentive to make High CR players play lower content, is working.
    • Like x 5
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

As a rule.... I don't skip adds.
    But when I have to to keep up with others who do skip adds..... yeah I can be pretty good at it. ;)

Quantum Tunnelling is a great tool for add skipping my young Padawan. ;) ;) ;)

People have been skipping adds at least since T6.
    But since GU73..... we have been nerfed in many missions.
    Not so much an issue if you are CR 200+.... the game seems to have been balanced during test with CR 200+ players.....
    but you can see lower CR players struggling to try to keep up.
    • Like x 4
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah.. people seems to be farming Catalysts.... for now. ;)

So queues have not been this fast in a longgg time.

But I wonder how fast the queue will be once people realise they are loot locked and that catalyst is a weekly reward??

Odds are it will be like the AoJ Bounties.
    It will be quick the day after the reset.... but not so much a few days after reset.

Guess we will have to wait and see. ;)
  15. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah I've seen folks in marathons running past ads lol if I see lower cr players as a healer I try to use my bubble to help them out a bit or stay with them to help .
    • Like x 1
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay so first let me say as usual Magneto has put together a great post trying to show/teach players how to do things right.

NOW on to my little sermon that i will KEEP preaching until people get it through their heads... I helped out on test with artifacts and did a little experiment with very interesting results.

1. Went to Metropolis and had Nth metal drop when i destroyed Captain Krewl with one shot

2. Went to my solo challenges and at any tier you want was getting Nth metal to drop knocking off everything from mobs to bosses

3. Did some Bounty Hunting in Gotham and got Nth Metal to drop defeating Captain Boomerang and defeating Clay Face so both levels (or let's just be honest ALL levels of boss bounties can and will or MIGHT drop Nth Metal

4. Went to the Wastelands and had Nth Metal dropping on daily missions, the duos, the Trigon prison alert and the Raven bounty

5. Went to the brand new Amusement Mile zone and had nth metal dropping from defeating basic mobs

ARE you people seeing the pattern here yet? the fact is Anything in the game that you can attack and defeat can and will drop Nth metal .. Let's clarify that Anything CAN drop Nth metal but the RNG determines when that happens so no one has a clue which mob, which boss or whatever is going to be THE ONE to attack. So what does that all mean?

It means if you actually want to get all the possible supplies you need to create and then upgrade an artifact STOP SKIPPING ADDS. If you are a CR 208 and that 3 man mob is Cr 48 exactly how long is it going to take you to demolish them? 5 seconds? 10? The way the game is set up now... that mob you decided wasn't worth your time to deal with could have a 500 pt piece of Nth metal waiting inside and YOU just ran right past it.

See I think you misinterpreted the idea behind the post.. Its not "stop skipping adds you suck at it" it is 'stop skipping add you could be screwing yourself in the process".
    • Like x 6
  17. VariableFire Loyal Player

Already happening. League of Assassins popped in seconds for me yesterday, 15+ minutes today still no takers.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

With how they are doing the next DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to do clamped versions of all older content now. :/
    • Like x 1
  19. Surtur Well-Known Player

This is an easy fix. Jackster needs to delegate someone to go through and add triggers within the instances to keep people from skipping the content.

Set triggers up so that the next spawns, sub boss's & boss's will not spawn if adds are skipped.
    Normally this is really easy to do.
    • Like x 4
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah well adds drop nth material every 10min or so... not worth the time, u can kill the first add and skip to end boss and u get all the nth materials there are to get in 5min or so :)